WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines John Titor story

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Is he supposed to be some sort of conspriacy theorist? That article was to long. :thumbsdn:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
Interesting. most likely fake, but he did a damn good job faking it.

http://johntitor.strategicbrains.com/
actually, it was a fairly well written article. Here is a point though, if the world goes all fucked up, which we all KNOW it will, and in 2036 he travels back into time, which i would assume the age group of say, 25-35 for health reasons and educational time, then would John Titor be alive today? And how hard would it be to find hime? I mean, if it is 2005 and he is from post nuclear 2036, he could have been born already. So, taking into account that he is already born, that his grandfather is a computer technician, would he not have the means then to contact his present day existence and find a means to stop or halt the mass destruction that is about to occur?

If you had that knowledge would you not fight it, or would you just post some bullshit on a websit about liberating through newpapers?

If I had that knowledge, I would fight the future, mainly cuz ive seen one too many sci fi movies.

There are too many holes in the argument for him. Why tell us that there is a nuclear war about to occur without telling us the date, time, city, ect. Why just say it is global? wouldnt you try to save as many as you could?

I have no doubt that our country is heading towards militia controlled freedoms for our security. But it is crackpots like this that make it hard for the sane to get those in power to listen.

Yes, I read the whole god damn thing, including most links.

I also think there are some holes in his gravitational force theory, but, that is another post.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
I'm now thinking Terminator... instead of John Connor... we now have John Titmouse or whatever. :thumbsdn:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
brainwashmonkey said:
I'm now thinking Terminator... instead of John Connor... we now have John Titmouse or whatever. :thumbsdn:
Time travel is possible, but I think this guy is just full of shit. Have you glanced around the rest of the anomolie. com forum that all of his chat shit was on? what a bunch of freaky people! I mean, like, paranoid x files kind of people.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
dustinzgirl said:
Time travel is possible, but I think this guy is just full of shit. Have you glanced around the rest of the anomolie. com forum that all of his chat shit was on? what a bunch of freaky people! I mean, like, paranoid x files kind of people.

Nope, I didn't see that site, nor will I... exactly like you say... "what a bunch of freaky people!

Oh, a comet will be circling the earth soon... would you like a ride on the spaceship behind it? :p

Those people aren't/weren't right. :thumbsdn:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
brainwashmonkey said:
Nope, I didn't see that site, nor will I... exactly like you say... "what a bunch of freaky people!

Oh, a comet will be circling the earth soon... would you like a ride on the spaceship behind it? :p

Those people aren't/weren't right. :thumbsdn:
No shit. As much as I Want to Believe, I am unfortunalty confounded by the genreal lack of sensibility that conspirators and such have. For instance, a Nuclear War Survivor Kit.

Hey dipshit, if there is a nuke war, got news for ya, you wont survive it. No matter what.

Better to love your family, buy beer and smokes, and enjoy your life.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Yeah, the Nuclear Bunker thing was really cool... lock yourself in a concrete room with food and water... no toilet. And to top it all off you need a vent for fresh air... hmmmm... it'll be radioactive "fresh air" how neato! A day or two and you'll be glowin like a neon light.

tbsrk said:
Mind explaining how, because I don't buy it.
Clicky here for time travel.

Its envolved in string theory... time is another dimension and if we figure out how to transfer dimensions, we could travel through time instead of time flowing.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
I'm a simple dullard, and its hard for me to conceptualize that... would it be correct to assume that a 2-dimensional being living in a 2-dimensional world would treat a 3rd dimension the same way we treat time? And so, if that 2 dimensional being learned how to move forward and back, thus in a 3rd dimension... it would be similar to our time travel??

Or am i 100% off base?

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
tbsrk said:
I'm a simple dullard, and its hard for me to conceptualize that... would it be correct to assume that a 2-dimensional being living in a 2-dimensional world would treat a 3rd dimension the same way we treat time? And so, if that 2 dimensional being learned how to move forward and back, thus in a 3rd dimension... it would be similar to our time travel??

Or am i 100% off base?
Yes, and since we are in 3 dimensions already, we need only master one more... damn those dimensional membranes. :thumbsdn:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Well thats easy! I'll just uh.. step into my wrist watch here... Ah fuck it, i'll let the scientist learn how to step into their clocks first, and then i'll just copy it.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
tbsrk said:
Well thats easy! I'll just uh.. step into my wrist watch here... Ah fuck it, i'll let the scientist learn how to step into their clocks first, and then i'll just copy it.

No silly, you'll need to go really fast and then just jump through the hole you ripped in the time space continueum.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
brainwashmonkey said:
No silly, you'll need to go really fast and then just jump through the hole you ripped in the time space continueum.
Back to the Future, dawg!

But, if your being completely serious about this, why is velocity the key?

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Think of hitting water at 400 miles an hour... it's hard. The time membrane can be thought of this way also... only it's moving.... so we need to move too.

R

RedOctober

Haha...

You don't even have to have a time machine to see that the chance of the USA getting involved in a civil war is rather big.

These stories date back from the 70s, when a lot of Nam veterans took into the mountains, and started to dig survival bunkers.
It was a big industry, also sponsored by the rifle boys of course.

Be a free American, and have an orgasm with a AK47 in your hands spreading blue beans ;)

Maybe the government is building concentration camps already...

tzedek

Original Member
dustinzgirl said:
actually, it was a fairly well written article. Here is a point though, if the world goes all fucked up, which we all KNOW it will, and in 2036 he travels back into time, which i would assume the age group of say, 25-35 for health reasons and educational time, then would John Titor be alive today? And how hard would it be to find hime?

I read through a lot of that stuff, he said we was born in 1998 in Florida.

R

RedOctober

tzedek said:
I read through a lot of that stuff, he said we was born in 1998 in Florida.
Well, I remember there was in the newspapers a few years ago, the new Jesus was already born, but the world wouldn't find out, untill the right time..

Well. This must be it then. ;)

O, I also forgot to mention the Aztek calender, that predicted the tsunami that happened, and the coming civil war in the USA.

"And there will stand up a real dumbass, who holds books upside down when reading. And he will set the world in flames."

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
If we can travel through time should we? What if someone goes back and fucks everything up? Maybe we shouldn't time travel.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
dustinzgirl said:
Time travel is possible
That's like saying travelling at the speed of light is possible... Sure it's possible, if you don't have a mass. Think about it, time travel is so paradoxal it will make your brain ache.

1) you can't travel to the future, because there is no single future but infinite possibilities of a future

2) if you go back in time, you can't go back to the present because there is no more present... The sole fact that you travelled back altered the whole history, and possibly your own birth. the "present" will not be the same and there is no way you will be able to reach it...

3) I'm sure you can find a shitload of other paradoxes by yourself.