WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just a quick FUCK YOU to Macromedia!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hey assholes...There's this great new language around. Have you heard of it? It speeds up graphics!

It's called OpenGL, assholes. I'm sick of your shit; version, after version, after version of Flash sucks more and more cock.

I just tried Super Flash Manager out. IT has OpenGL, why doesn't YOUR player?

I can actually play "Big Gay Bubba" silky smooth with that, something your player can't do.

Funny how I can actually run flash games and stuff on a K6-2, even though it should be up to you guys to allow me to do that. I shouldn't need some third party shit because you people are lazy, cocksucking assholes.

Oh, and thanks for cancelling Matt Stone and Trey Parker's "Princess," you conservative Neo-Nazis.

CLIFFS: Macromedia can suck my nuts for not implementing OpenGL into their player, and for cancelling "Princess."

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
What in the hell are you talking about?

Fuck you Macromedia? I do believe they pioneered Flash? How does their flash player suck? In today's age, 450 mhz processors aren't on the minds of the flash developers; as cheap processors only cost, what, 100 bucks that run at like 1.8 ghz?? It is not always software that is the issue. With you, it always seems to be a hardware issue; i.e. blown board, bad ram, broken sound card. You go through more equipment than anyone I know, relatively speaking.

Buy a dell. :thumbsup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Fire_ze_Missles said:
With you, it always seems to be a hardware issue; i.e. blown board, bad ram, broken sound card. You go through more equipment than anyone I know, relatively speaking.

:thumbsup:
That's because Descent likes to blindfold himself, rub his feet on the carpet and stick his finger in the enclosure.

:thumbsup: Pin the static on the processor.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Missles, you just missed my point entirely.

I'm bringing up the fact that OpenGL acceleration would be great, because then it would be less CPU intensive, even on newer systems, and on flash heavy sites such a Newgrouds and Neptune Circle. Even my brother agrees with me on this.

I have trouble multitasking on Firefox with an assload of Flash open at once sometimes...It's not cool, especially when it's running off of a 2600+ on 2000 Pro, on a virgin install.

The bottom line is that they don't take the time. End of story.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
I have trouble multitasking on Firefox with an assload of Flash open at once sometimes...It's not cool, especially when it's running off of a 2600+ on 2000 Pro, on a virgin install.
Flash isn't CPU intensive at all; it's created to be very optimized. In fact, Macromedia doesn't even specify a minimum hardware requirement for their player, only browser versions. You're trying to run old hardware like you would new hardware, and it's not going to happen. Hell, even animated .gifs will be CPU intensive if you "multitask in Firefox with an assload of them all at once."

I'm running Macromedia-2000 on my 286 system, no problem :thumbsup:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
junglizm said:
Flash isn't CPU intensive at all; it's created to be very optimized. In fact, Macromedia doesn't even specify a minimum hardware requirement for their player, only browser versions. You're trying to run old hardware like you would new hardware, and it's not going to happen. Hell, even animated .gifs will be CPU intensive if you "multitask in Firefox with an assload of them all at once."
Precisely what I was thinking when I read the first rant.

I have a completely fucked up Geforce FX 5600 that cant correctly render 3D Environments, but it has no problem displaying flash applications. I've had 10 flash apps open just to test the CPU stability, and there's barely a difference in performance.

The reason Macromedia hasn't incorporated OpenGL in their software is because there's just no need to do so. The program is designed for internet use in movies and presentations, and in order to run it in an OpenGL environment, other software corporations would need to develop codecs to read different formats of flash applications for embedded flash files. Many flash artists would have to adapt to something new, and in the world of expertise, change is usually not good. OpenGL is more demanding on the CPU as well. That statement alone nullifies your rant.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
glad you got it off your chest asshole asshole asshole.