WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just a thought...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Maybe this is something you don't want at wtf.com, but if we can have a sports page added... can we get a forum, for people to post...short stories, epic battles, poetry.... a writer's forum...

Kind of been looking for a place to post my writting up, where I don't have to edit them before I can put them up...

Anyone else intrested in a forum like this... does anyone else write?

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
_Kitana_ said:
Maybe this is something you don't want at wtf.com, but if we can have a sports page added... can we get a forum, for people to post...short stories, epic battles, poetry.... a writer's forum...

Kind of been looking for a place to post my writting up, where I don't have to edit them before I can put them up...

I write, but I just hope you realise this is a forum to vent your spleen. They have a sports forum to debate about sports. No-one wants to debate about writing, it just isn't the sort of thing to argue about.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Solanaceae said:
No-one wants to debate about writing, it just isn't the sort of thing to argue about.
Says who? I can safely say that you definitely do not speak for the rest of us on this forum. So move along Sheila...

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
_Kitana_ said:

yeah i agree. plz can we get that.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Solanaceae said:
I write, but I just hope you realise this is a forum to vent your spleen. They have a sports forum to debate about sports. No-one wants to debate about writing, it just isn't the sort of thing to argue about.
Before there was T.V. there was books, plays, art, theories and concepts, poetry.

I mean how can you say its not the sort of thing to argue about, I may not be famous for writing but somewhere out there is a future, Ann Rice, E.A. Poe, Walt Whitman, Shakespeare, Linsner... I mean please. With out writers, poets, artist… there would be nothing to debate about, there would be nothing to drive passion and feeling... Yes even your beloved t.v. and internet is all based off of writing.

This from someone claiming to have an I.Q. of 134, but yet thinking that great works of writing an art should not and can not be debated. I don't understand. The world is often more deeply expressed in forums of poetry and written words. Often a short story is a reflection of how the writer feels inside, its a glimpse into the soul. I mean... I just don't get your logic.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
_Kitana_ said:
Before there was T.V. there was books, plays, art, theories and concepts, poetry.

I mean how can you say its not the sort of thing to argue about, I may not be famous for writing but somewhere out there is a future, Ann Rice, E.A. Poe, Walt Whitman, Shakespeare, Linsner... I mean please. With out writers, poets, artist… there would be nothing to debate about, there would be nothing to drive passion and feeling... Yes even your beloved t.v. and internet is all based off of writing.

This from someone claiming to have an I.Q. of 134, but yet thinking that great works of writing an art should not and can not be debated. I don't understand. The world is often more deeply expressed in forums of poetry and written words. Often a short story is a reflection of how the writer feels inside, its a glimpse into the soul. I mean... I just don't get your logic.
wow that was great, im impressed

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Just makes me angry, when the very thing that is suppose to separate us from the animals, is the fact that we feel empathy, sorrow and regret...the fact that we can dream and have an imagination, is a great achievement in evolution for humans. When some poor fool over looks it and is like; its not worthy of being on a board. *GROWLS*

FIRES WARNING SHOT....

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
I think your idea deserves some thought, however this is a rant forum. Most writing, poetry, all literature, is based on your own private personal thoughts and emotions. Are you really ready to open that part of you to the world? I think it's a great idea. I love all sorts of literature and poetry, but are you ready for the possibility of being flamed on those thoughts? the world is a tough place, this forum is even.....um... freindly? just remeber the ture nature of this site and then decide if you still want to post your words...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
screw_you_jack said:
I think your idea deserves some thought, however this is a rant forum. Most writing, poetry, all literature, is based on your own private personal thoughts and emotions. Are you really ready to open that part of you to the world? I think it's a great idea. I love all sorts of literature and poetry, but are you ready for the possibility of being flamed on those thoughts? the world is a tough place, this forum is even.....um... freindly? just remeber the ture nature of this site and then decide if you still want to post your words...
Sure I would... One thing. I am a hell of a writer, when people shread your work and hold nothing against it, it only helps to improve upon it. Trust me... I have had poems/stories that I thought was my greatest peice of writting... torn, ripped apart and spit back at me, by publishers.

Then I have had other stuff... that they just loved... it all depends.

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
_Kitana_ said:
Sure I would... One thing. I am a hell of a writer, when people shread your work and hold nothing against it, it only helps to improve upon it. Trust me... I have had poems/stories that I thought was my greatest peice of writting... torn, ripped apart and spit back at me, by publishers.

Then I have had other stuff... that they just loved... it all depends.
well then, i would love to catch a glimpse of some of your works.... and i support your idea

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hmm... I'd consider this, however I'm going to leave this open for a little bit more feedback/debate before I do so...

Nice idea, K!

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Jason said:
Hmm... I'd consider this, however I'm going to leave this open for a little bit more feedback/debate before I do so...

Nice idea, K!
i have no voice in this area but.... kit does write very good and im shure there are many more that would write if they had a place to post their writeings.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
screw_you_jack said:
well then, i would love to catch a glimpse of some of your works.... and i support your idea
yeah i want to give out some stuff too.

i've only written one piece that i feel is good... the other things i've written all suck or have never and will never get done

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Unforgiven said:
i've only written one piece that i feel is good... the other things i've written all suck or have never and will never get done
aww... such is writing, sometimes for something to truly take forum you must let it set and rest. Till the idea has developed strongly in your mind, till it is crystal clear. Such as my case in "The River's End".

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
I was going to have a reply to your psot earlier, and I worte one out. But my browser stuffed up. *gumbles about microsoft's shortcomings* I am far too busy to write it again. I am sure you understand.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Solanaceae said:
I was going to have a reply to your psot earlier, and I worte one out. But my browser stuffed up. *gumbles about microsoft's shortcomings* I am far too busy to write it again. I am sure you understand.
*giggles*

yeah I can see how "Busy" you are...

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
_Kitana_ said:
*giggles*

yeah I can see how "Busy" you are...
Actually you have no idea how busy I am. And wtf is with the giggles. Just showing us your immaturity eh?