WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just call me teacher

magnolia

Postaholic
I went to this daycare today to drop off my application and was hired on the spot. So right now I'm an aide and as soon as I'm done with this semester of school and can get them an unoffical transcript from the college I'm gadda be promoted to a Teacher's aide. Same dutys, but a $0.50 raise. I'm so happy I could burst. I started today too. Talk about moving fast. And my god, I was put in the toddler room. They don't call em the terrible twos for nothing. But it was so great. The kids are wonderful and I can't wait for my first full day on Monday. Best part, I don't work past 6 pm on weekdays and I don't work weekends at all. :cheerldr:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yay1 Im happy for you. You are going to love it kids are so cool. Just watch out for the nose pickers, they wipe things on you.

magnolia

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:
Yay1 Im happy for you. You are going to love it kids are so cool. Just watch out for the nose pickers, they wipe things on you.
haha. so many kids there pic their noses. It's so gross. They had to wash their hands every time i caught them.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
magnolia said:
I went to this daycare today to drop off my application and was hired on the spot. So right now I'm an aide and as soon as I'm done with this semester of school and can get them an unoffical transcript from the college I'm gadda be promoted to a Teacher's aide. Same dutys, but a $0.50 raise. I'm so happy I could burst. I started today too. Talk about moving fast. And my god, I was put in the toddler room. They don't call em the terrible twos for nothing. But it was so great. The kids are wonderful and I can't wait for my first full day on Monday. Best part, I don't work past 6 pm on weekdays and I don't work weekends at all. :cheerldr:
YAY! Go you maggie! Congrats on your new job. Now I need to find one! heh. :p

Signify

Particinator
magnolia said:
haha. so many kids there pic their noses. It's so gross. They had to wash their hands every time i caught them.
way to excersise your power....
congrats with the new job!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Gratis on the new job! Sounds like it'll be a blast for you.

magnolia

Postaholic
Darkness_Reaper said:
way to excersise your power....
Like, it was really cool cuz these kids were running around and screaming and they wouldn't listen to the head teacher in the room so she went to get the owner and I just yelled out for everyone to sit down and be quiet right now. And everyone stopped and got quiet and all but three dropped to the ground right on the spot. The head teacher came back and asked me how I got them to do it. Cuz she had been yelling too. Hehe. Watch out for Maggie! hehe. I'm lookin forward to work on monday. :p

Signify

Particinator
how did you tell them to do that? was it "sit on your god damn asses and shut the fuck up" for stun factor or was it just SIT DOWN AND BE QUITE?

magnolia

Postaholic
Darkness_Reaper said:
how did you tell them to do that? was it "sit on your god damn asses and shut the fuck up" for stun factor or was it just SIT DOWN AND BE QUITE?
haha. it was "Sit down RIGHT NOW and BE QUIET!" Hehe. they were running in circles and screaming. Oy. :p It's gadda be great.

i remember working at a sports hall where they had over 60's bowls club
there the complete opersite of "running in circles and screaming"
really...made me wanna... :sword: :sword: :sword: :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Congratulations!

That's awesome. Be sure to smack them a couple times while they're not looking, just to show them who's the teacher.

:thumbsup:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
magnolia said:
My girlie was an aide for a while when she was 17, and she loved hangin with the innocence! Kids look to you like no other. and I think you will gain more from them than they will from you. Enjoy, you'll have fun if you like kids.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
Im really happy for you! congratulations! i hope things workout and you continue to enjoy your fun new exiting job!

magnolia

Postaholic
Today I got to work at 11:30 and the kids were just being put down for naps. All the kids but two went to sleep. But then of course, they were crabby brats all day who were causing trouble. Madilyn wouldn't do anything but pout and she kept comming up and saying, "teacher! teacher! Blake is gadda hit me!" And I'd look up and he'd be across the room on the floor playing with a truck. :rolleyes: So I kinda had to ignore her. There is this cute little boy named Clayton who wouldn't sleep either. And he got into trouble, but at the end of the night he was being my little helper and picking up trucks and cars with me. He's such a cutie. Also, there's this little girl named Katlyn and her mom actually works in the next room over. well, Katlyn didn't listen in her mom's room, so she got moved up to our group early. So like, she keeps saying she needs to go potty cuz the bathroom is connects our rooms. Well, I gadda take her cuz what if she really does need to go? Well, 9 out of 10 times she just bolts to her mom's room. So like, I'm always keeping an eye on her, mostly cuz she sticks to me like glue anyway. So like, she was causing problems. She ate someone elses snack, threw another girls snack on the floor, colored on the floor with crayon, ripped a book, and kept running into her mom's room. There are like 30 something kids in there, so I can't watch her all the time. It's just like, hard cuz like so many want so much attention. But I was reading books to this little girl Molly and the owner came in when we were talking about what book to read next and she said, "Molly, I don't think i've ever heard u say more than 2 words." So like, it's great cuz even the shy kids are warming up to me. I feel so good despite the fights and the breaking toys and the injuries and stuff. So far... I LOVE this job.

But... my friend Marsha was just fired from her job and I had told her that I got a job at a daycare, so who is sitting in the lounge when i get to work filling out an app? Marsha. It's like, I don't fucking want to work with u! I go to class with u almost every day of the week. It's like, this is me time. But the manager said she'd review her app. after the holidays, which means that she didn't like how marsha looked. :p We'll see. I'll update y'all more I'm sure cuz this is just like, the best job so far. I'm sure it will get old, but kids are just so damn cute!

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
That sucks that their such lil' rascals. Looks like your enjoying your job! :)

magnolia

Postaholic
Yeah. I so am enjoying my job. Although, i didn't know my shoulders could hurt so much. Now I know why the other ladies don't really pick kids up. :p

</rant>

Tenderony
Nice one. Doing something you enjoy is always the way to go..

:thumbsup:

</rant>