WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Just say no?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Thoughts on this guys?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance54.html

I in away was hurt by it. Not so much because of technical religious terms, but for the fact that it placed good men like my husband and friends in a category as a murder. I know very few soldiers who think this is a war on Islamic or it’s people or that they are doing God’s Work.

If they are thinking that way then they should not be a in the military or over in Iraq. Our soldier job there is to protect the lives of others and die for a cause that is greater than their own existence. Why it is true that some of our soldiers do not understand their job or question the war itself. There is no doubt in any of their minds that this is their duty, responsibility and what they sworn to do.

However, It is hard for non-military personal to understand this. I can’t blame people for saying thing like this. They can not be asked to understand a lifestyle they do not live. However I find it cruel that they try to think or make up the minds for people and pass judgment on those who live that lifestyle with out ever really talking to them.

My husband has no religious preference upon entering the army. He was solely there to help and do his duty with pride and honor. As was the soldier next to him with the Christian faith. There are a lot of physical, spiritual, mental issues that a soldier must sacrifice and it is not always an easy one.

I guess what I trying to say is, weather you agree or disagree with the war, It has little to do with what faith you are and this article is extremely wrong in a lot of ways with the point of view it has as it is trying to lump so many people into one neat little package.

No one can truly do that. Even Soldiers are unique individuals.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
There is at least one thing that is always true of soldiers:
Anyone who joins the armed forces is accepting the possibility that they may be ordered to kill someone they don't know for reasons they don't agree with or understand. I would suggest the peace corp for someone who wants to help people abroad. It certainly doesn't have the benefits the government gives to soldiers but you'll never be called upon to kill.
I understand the difference between murder and defending yourself, so maybe this is more appropriate: People joining the armed forces accept the risk of being ordered to enter dangerous places where they will have to use their weapons to defend themselves.
As for me, I do not dishonor those who have worked in the armed forces, but I don't give them any extra respect either.

I don't know where I heard/read/etc... this, but it is one of my favorite quotes about the army: "Wars are the worst human invention, because men are called upon to kill others, but warriors are the best humans, because they are willing to put their lives on the line for others." Slightly paraphrased, but true nevertheless.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Should we "Just say no to invading other countries, and killing
the people there for no reason? (Except to jack the price of oil up as high a possible)

Umm, yeah, that would be a good idea.

Next question...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
voiceofreason said:
Should we "Just say no to invading other countries, and killing
the people there for no reason? (Except to jack the price of oil up as high a possible)

Umm, yeah, that would be a good idea.

Next question...
VR I was more discussing his points and theories of the thread. Not the cause reason and just of the war.