WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just shoot them all

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
I hate my fucking family. I have never hated them more in my life than at this moment. Goddamn fucking loserass nephews, wish he'd just fucking die right now. FUCK! almost makes murder of the frist degree to seem like a haven then living in this shithole

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
fool

screw_you_jack said:
I hate my fucking family. I have never hated them more in my life than at this moment. Goddamn fucking loserass nephews, wish he'd just fucking die right now. FUCK! almost makes murder of the frist degree to seem like a haven then living in this shithole
explain your problem!

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
YUCK FOU!!! said:
explain your problem!
hmm... my problem.... besides the fact that i was just mad as hell last night.....
i hate it. My fucking lazyass brother couldn't take care of his kids, so they end up living with me. Been this way for about 9 years. Two kids, both boys. ages 11, and 9. The 9 year old has Adhd. makes him so fucking hard to handle. I hate when i loose my patience with him, becuase he just starts laughing, and it makes me want tto ring his neck. He is out of control, and i don't know what the fuck to do. We just douple his medication about a week ago to see if it helps, but it doesn't and it just fucks him up more. Jesus, the shit he pulls. HOw the hell do you handle a child that can control him self, when you have trouble controling your self around him? I don't like to spank, or beat.... cus as i kid, that was how i was treated. I think that it's wrong, but goddamn, there seems to be no other way to reach this kid. My parnets let him get away with so much becuase of his "condition" but hell, the kids smart enough to figure out that gives him almost free rain. I can't deal with this situation any, cus, this kids gonna end up in prision when he gets older, or i will.

that's pretty bad, I was in a situation like that but on the other end, my parents couldn't take care of me or my younger brother, my younger brother has add and he really lost it sometimes, but I really apreciated what my aunt was doing for me, so my aunt and I talked about it, and I just beat the tar out of my brother when he was being an idiot, when my aunt turned a cold ear to him, he kinda got the point, and he's actually been a lot smarter about things ever since

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Personally I think you should hit him up, he deserves it. Just kick hes ass.

IMNOTANGRY

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah everytime he laughs wring his arm around so he cries, maybe that will teach him.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
screw_you_jack said:
I think that it's wrong, but goddamn, there seems to be no other way to reach this kid.

This whole part of your post syj was really caught my attention and basically cause it's hard to say how to reach a child. For watever reason your brother couldn not take care of him, your parents was two easy on him and now he has you. His aunt, who pretty cool and don't want to take shit from him. I can tell you really do care for the kid, which is good.

I held off on replying to this when I first read it cause I wanted time to think about it. I know where this kid is coming from, at least I think I can pretty much understand. His story.... it sounds like the same from many of my friends back in school and even my husbands past.

I am sure you have sat him down and talked to him about this, probally even asked how he feels or why he acts this way. I am sure its probally really hard to make him understand...

I guess what I am trying to say, is there is no real answer on how to reach a child. Just hang in there, can't say its going to get any easier.... might even get harder, but there is hope. Hope is a real awesome thing in life that was given to us. (sound like i am telling you to go to church or some fucked up thing, thats not my point) It may be the smallest thing you do that touches this child and makes him see...

Your going to have to keep being tough on him, I mean really tough. He may hate your guts for it, but in the end he will see. Alow time out to just talk to him to, to ask him how he feels, what he thinking, what he wants to do with his life. Anything you can think of. Even 30 mins of good attention devoted to him, won't make him seem so forgotten where he seeks so much bad attention.

I hope this helps you some SYJ.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
This whole part of your post syj was really caught my attention and basically cause it's hard to say how to reach a child. For watever reason your brother couldn not take care of him, your parents was two easy on him and now he has you. His aunt, who pretty cool and don't want to take shit from him. I can tell you really do care for the kid, which is good.

I held off on replying to this when I first read it cause I wanted time to think about it. I know where this kid is coming from, at least I think I can pretty much understand. His story.... it sounds like the same from many of my friends back in school and even my husbands past.

I am sure you have sat him down and talked to him about this, probally even asked how he feels or why he acts this way. I am sure its probally really hard to make him understand...

I guess what I am trying to say, is there is no real answer on how to reach a child. Just hang in there, can't say its going to get any easier.... might even get harder, but there is hope. Hope is a real awesome thing in life that was given to us. (sound like i am telling you to go to church or some fucked up thing, thats not my point) It may be the smallest thing you do that touches this child and makes him see...

Your going to have to keep being tough on him, I mean really tough. He may hate your guts for it, but in the end he will see. Alow time out to just talk to him to, to ask him how he feels, what he thinking, what he wants to do with his life. Anything you can think of. Even 30 mins of good attention devoted to him, won't make him seem so forgotten where he seeks so much bad attention.

sounds like you've got a pretty good head on your shoulders Kit...

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
_Kitana_ said:

Thanks for the advice. Sometimes, it's just ranting that helps. I'm only 18, and i just can't handle the parnet figure, especially to a 9 year old. My parnets are in their late 50's and just don't have the energy to attend to him, good or bad. I'm afriad that this kid has a hell of a hard life ahead of him, like so many others. The day i posted that, so much shit was happing. HIs dad, my brother, was sentenced to 15 years for..... lots of stuff, mostly durg related. i was anrgy, and just couldn't deal with the kid. I'm not that smart, or energtic. I can't help the kid. I disaprove of medications, and just don't know what to do. IT's my own patience i'm working on, staying cool. But that's my problem, not his. I have hope, though very little, that he just might grow up to be a good, happy adult someday. Thanks for your encouragement. IT's life, it keeps going even when it's raining shit. Just have to deal with it. I'm good i think.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
screw_you_jack said:
Thanks for the advice. Sometimes, it's just ranting that helps. I'm only 18, and i just can't handle the parnet figure, especially to a 9 year old. My parnets are in their late 50's and just don't have the energy to attend to him, good or bad. I'm afriad that this kid has a hell of a hard life ahead of him, like so many others. The day i posted that, so much shit was happing. HIs dad, my brother, was sentenced to 15 years for..... lots of stuff, mostly durg related. i was anrgy, and just couldn't deal with the kid. I'm not that smart, or energtic. I can't help the kid. I disaprove of medications, and just don't know what to do. IT's my own patience i'm working on, staying cool. But that's my problem, not his. I have hope, though very little, that he just might grow up to be a good, happy adult someday. Thanks for your encouragement. IT's life, it keeps going even when it's raining shit. Just have to deal with it. I'm good i think.

Unfortantly he does have a hard road to walk. Nothing you can do will change that. Having your dad in jail for 15 years, man... at 9 the must be REAL tough to handel. The only thing you can do is let him know that you are there for him, he going to push you away some....push back. Being there for him and being tough on him is soemthing your going to have to figure out how to balance.

No one asking you to be smart or energtic (well maybe a little energtic) You can help this child, its just not going to be easy. Not at all and I know from experince that its going to require a lot of your own strenght.... and its up to you to decided if you want to put that much effort into being their for this kid. Being patience is something we can all learn. When you feel yourself just wanting to kill the lil brat, set back for just a moment or two... look at him remember he 9 dealing with a lot and just flat out ask him. "Why are you acting this way?" Don't blame him either.... try saying things like "When you do that, I feel very angry and hurt." Trust me the kid is probally already feeling unwanted by his own father so just alittle diffrent wording will help a lot and try to allow him room to talk too.

Don't have to tell you life is hard, Don't have to tell you its not fair either. The fact that you still have some hope, even how small it is...tells me that you will some how pull trhough this. Have alittle faith...It goes along way.

Take Care.

okay dont hit the kid like some ppl are saying... it wont work... I have dealed with kids with ADHD... I dated one for a while...it was awful I know... one of my brothers has it... he was a terror to bring up but hell we had to do it... just face the facts that you have been stuck with this kid and anyway you'll be out of the house soon enough that you wont have to deal with him... and he should get medical attention if his meds arent helping... doctors can help...
good luck.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
screw_you_jack said:
that's gotta suck being 18 and handling this, I'm 19 and I can't even handle my little brother which is 15
and this little kid is 9 and they say "boys will be boys" but consider a bribe approach...ur still young and can relate to him if he understands...just keep stuf from him unless he's good, or do things with him as a reward for being good...works on my brother and sister

for some reason a lot of neighborhood kids look up to me as a friend, it's like I'm their connection into adulthood, they hate grownups and so do I but I've got the edge being one so u tend to relate
plus just try to have a lot of patience (that's the key), and be strict...let them know the rules clearly and that they cannot screw with u or else

u should be responsible, but u shouldn't have to deal with them,..they should have to deal with u,..they were made to live with u and should respect ur grattitude for taking care of them