WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just thought I might show off my new setup

Alright, long story short, we had to remove a desk from my basement .. so the comp and monitor on it went to my desk.

The Computer is the only PC in the house, a 3.4 ghz pentium 4 etc I dunno much about it.. it works for gaming.

The monitor is a 21' crt, but I wanted to have a contiguous mac dual screen instead of having it spilt, so I have my 19' LCD and the 21' CRT hooked up to my mac, and a 17' LCD hooked up to the PC.

Looks like this:

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
too much glare from the center one....but go mac :)

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
I wish I had enough money to replace my aging Fragbox 1024. It was awesome when I bought it nearly two years ago, but it won't play BF2 or San Andreas, on the lowest graphic settings, without horribly slow framerates.
I need to get a 3.x Ghz CPU and the latest nVidia.

skullmaster said:
too much glare from the center one....but go mac :)
well that's only because I set the flash off like right in front of it, otherwise it's fine.:happysad:

and yeah, I have the processor, but only 512 ram and some shitty graphics card .. so major upgrades needed, but christmas is coming

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
i have no idea if my computer is for gaming or not.
i have like 1 gb ram or something and a ATI Radeon X600 XT with 128MB DDR SDRAM; PCI-Express graphics card

wtf!:confused:

wilko125

Rep My Post
skullmaster said:
i have no idea if my computer is for gaming or not.
i have like 1 gb ram or something and a ATI Radeon X600 XT with 128MB DDR SDRAM; PCI-Express graphics card

wtf!:confused:
...are you serious... since when was any mac made for gaming, sure you can get like games from blizzard (WoW, Warcraft3) and halo plus a select few from other publishers... and there is also emulation, which will make the game A. not run B. run shit C. nuff said

i dont know any mac that was made for gaming, and im sure there never was a mac that was made for the purpose of gaming.

Jung

???
Premium
OmegaZeto said:
I need to get a 3.x Ghz CPU and the latest nVidia.
I wouldn't buy Intel for gaming if I were you, unless you just like lackluster performance.

+1 on what jung said, cnet just did a big study on intel vs amd processors
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077.html

wilko, you're correct in that macs aren't "gaming" machines so much as PCs are, but I missed where skullmaster said anything about him having a mac... unless it was in a different thread I haven't seen.

Anyways, a more games than you might think are available for mac. No, games like halo and counter strike aren't available, but anything from EA, Blizzard, Aspyr, and a few other companies are available for mac. Don't get me wrong, the number of games out for PC is probably 10 times the number available for macs, but there are enough games out there for mac users.

Jung

???
Premium
wilko125 said:
...are you serious... since when was any mac made for gaming, sure you can get like games from blizzard (WoW, Warcraft3) and halo plus a select few from other publishers... and there is also emulation, which will make the game A. not run B. run shit C. nuff said

i dont know any mac that was made for gaming, and im sure there never was a mac that was made for the purpose of gaming.
Macs aren't made for gaming like some PCs are, but that's not to say you can't game on a Mac. Also, you're wrong about the games; there are plenty of Mac versions of games out there. The thing that keeps some games from being ported over is the lack of a DirectX API for the Mac. Most, if not all, OpenGL games get ported though. Doom 3, Call of Duty and Quake 4 are all on the Mac, and those are just off the top of my head.

Base

it's a motherfucker
i think one of the best games in the universe would be.....minesweeper, Honestly it kicks ass!!! :thumbsup:

nice looking set by the way teh

Life Sucks

Banned - What an Asshat!
Damn Teh anarchrist you look like one hell of a hacker where's Linux? Oh and you have windows on one so would the programs work with Linux to windows or do you have a emulator? lol See you guys got money lol I'm on a Celeron 600 MHz with 256 ram and the sound and video card is one of those on bored ones so its stock with a like 96 97 hp pavilion computer. So enjoy the power of having well... power lol.

I used to have a Celeron 900 mhz with 256 mb of ram.

Until about 4 months ago, when I bought a better computer.

Works for my purposes.:happysad:

junglizm said:
Macs aren't made for gaming like some PCs are, but that's not to say you can't game on a Mac. Also, you're wrong about the games; there are plenty of Mac versions of games out there. The thing that keeps some games from being ported over is the lack of a DirectX API for the Mac. Most, if not all, OpenGL games get ported though. Doom 3, Call of Duty and Quake 4 are all on the Mac, and those are just off the top of my head.
:thumbsup:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to junglizm again.