WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just when you thought you got used to Trump's 280 character limit...

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
...INCOMING TWEETSTORM!

Twitter today is announcing the launch of a new feature that will allow people to more easily post tweetstorms – that is, those series of connected tweets that have grown to become a popular workaround for getting past Twitter’s character count limitation in order to share longer thoughts. The company confirmed last month it was testing the feature – which it’s now calling “threads” – across its iOS and Android apps.

The tweetstorm format has been used for a long time on Twitter, initially by a small number of early adopters, including a16z co-founder Marc Andreessen, who would often pen the equivalent of blog posts using tweets.

The need for tweetstorms became more pressing over the years, as users continually bumped up against Twitter’s 140 character count limit – a restriction Twitter recently doubled, ahead of today’s launch.

Users have adopted the tweetstorm for a number of reasons – to tell personal, suspenseful or funny stories via Twitter, to connect facts surrounding breaking news, to rant about politics or other issues, or even to just make a longer post more readable and easier to follow.

There are now hundreds of thousands of threads tweeted out every day, notes Twitter.

Despite Twitter’s new character limit of 280, tweetstorms remain in use. The feature has essentially become a Twitter convention at this point – and the company has a history of taking inspiration from its user base in developing new features. The @reply, the hashtag, and the RT were all launched as official products based on patterns of user behavior, for example. Now the same thing is happening with threads.

Source: Tech Crunch

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I guess you could just not read the Trump tweet or read half of it and then you'll have a good idea what the other half says... the same thing, am I right or am I right? everybody should just stop tweeting and shut the fuck up, then Trump would lose his mind. I'm joking I like the man, he's a great guy, I like him a lot he's great.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Good. Getting around the Evil controlled MSM is amazing for any President who has the entire Evil Corrupt system doing everything in their power to distort and destroy anything Trump does.

Anyone who believes the MSM and wants Trump gone based on their lies is ill informed and foolish in the extreme.

How exactly does one begin to unravel an Entire System Corrupted from the Top to the Bottom?

Direct contact with the people.

When the Civil War comes, I support Trump over the Entire Sold Out Globalist Lying Evil Government.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
LOL so in my absence WTF has become some Pro-Globalist, Anti-Trump zone?

Hilarious. You think Trump is the problem?

Our entire government is corrupt to the core, on all levels, and working Against the American people, and you all want to continue and expand on that?

I'm sure you're all gonna cry when they arrest Hillary and Obama and vast numbers of Traitors then? When they prove the were working for ANYONE BUT the American people will you finally grow up?

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
President Trump is the only man in Washington who is following the rules, working to solve problems and not dramatizing non issues. WTF is not a anti President Trump Zone.

• LOL
Reactions: CoprophagousCop