WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Just Why...

Ryunitash

1337 NINJA!!
Why is it computer hard drives have to just "give up sometimes"? I have had my hard drive for quite a long time and it is just starting to burn out....sometimes I wonder why people just dont make them longer lasting. Im ganna have to go buy a new one in a distant future...its ganna suck bad. :mad:

Ryunitash

1337 NINJA!!
No I don't mean it like it "breaks" as in you drop a vase, it shatters. Think of it as something that wears out over a certain period of time. I used up too much memory for it run correctly and now it simply wont work.

Anything with moving parts has a tendancy to wear out over a period of time.

This includes computer parts.:happysad:

Ryunitash

1337 NINJA!!
Oh, I see where your going with this. Nevermind what I said then, I understand what you were trying to say.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
You think you got it rough, I had to replace the hard drive in my laptop 3 times:mad: The first one lasted a year, the 2nd about 2 months, and the 3rd started overheating when I was loading the OS.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Ryunitash said:
No I don't mean it like it "breaks" as in you drop a vase, it shatters. Think of it as something that wears out over a certain period of time. I used up too much memory for it run correctly and now it simply wont work.
If I get you write, you're telling us not that your hard drive FAILED but that you've filled it and now it's running VERY slow.

Try defragging it. Fragmentation can suck up a TON of room on your drive and it makes your drive work way freaking harder than it needs too.