WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Kennedy assassination re-created in video game

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
I think this video game is stepping over the line.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kennedy.game.reut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- A new video game to be released on Monday allows players to simulate the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

The release of "JFK Reloaded" is timed to coincide with the 41st anniversary of Kennedy's murder in Dallas and was designed to demonstrate a lone gunman was able to kill the president.

"It is despicable," said David Smith, a spokesman for Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the late president's brother. He was informed of the game on Friday but declined further comment.

Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game, said he understood some people would be horrified at the concept, but he insisted he and his team had nothing but respect for Kennedy and for history.

"We believe that the only thing we're exploiting is new technology," said Ewing, a former documentary filmmaker and senior executive with Scottish developer VIS, responsible for games like "State of Emergency." He said he sent Edward Kennedy a letter before the game's release.

Ewing said the game was designed to undermine the theory there was some shadowy plot behind the assassination. "We believe passionately there was no conspiracy," he said.

Traffic Games said the objective was for a player to fire three shots at Kennedy's motorcade from assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's digitally recreated sixth-floor perch in the Texas School Book Depository.

Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions.

Each shot can be replayed in slow motion, and the bullets can be tracked as they travel and pass through Kennedy's digitally recreated body. Players can choose to see blood by pressing a "blood effects" option.

Players can view the motorcade from a number of angles, including the perspective of filmmaker Abraham Zapruder and a view from the "grassy knoll" where some conspiracy theorists believe a second gunman was stationed.

The game will be available via download for $9.99.

Razine

Chaotic Smacktard
i think i dont give a fuck about whats "right" or "wrong" anymore, so the unlucky bastard got shot, and they're showing how they did it. "OMG WHAT BLASPHEMY" its not like itll hurt anyone, and if yuor offended you can hide in a corner from it and fuck yuorself

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
Razine said:
i think i dont give a fuck about whats "right" or "wrong" anymore, so the unlucky bastard got shot, and they're showing how they did it. "OMG WHAT BLASPHEMY" its not like itll hurt anyone, and if yuor offended you can hide in a corner from it and fuck yuorself
Don't you have some Cart's to stack?????

Get back to work before you get fired from your $2.95/hr job! :mfinger:

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I personally think that everyone is trying to push their limits to see how much they can get away with. Its like that with everything now, from video games to tv.
But we will see where it takes us.

BumB

Hoodrat
Razine said:
i geht paid 5.55 an hour thank you very much
Haha that's not very much money, why you still working at Pablo's Mexican Penthouse?

ferengi

Yay fire!
Razine said:
Okay, let's just say for a moment you had a close family member brutally murdered. Say someone raped and tortured your mom or sister to death. Would you want someone making a video game in which the player recreates your loved one's brutal murder?
Get a fucking clue :mfinger:

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
i wonder how accurate the game is... in other words, do you shoot from the book depository, or are you one of the three CIA agents on the Grassy knoll??

G_-FLaSH

Take it fer granted
wtf

ferengi74656 said:
Okay, let's just say for a moment you had a close family member brutally murdered. Say someone raped and tortured your mom or sister to death. Would you want someone making a video game in which the player recreates your loved one's brutal murder?
Get a fucking clue :mfinger:
Agreed. You cant tell people to go fuck themselves for beliving that the re-creation of a murder is wrong, withought comming off as an asshole. It was a murder, and it is being glazed over as some cool, rebellious shit. The game only glorifies the event as something that is acceptable and "cool". Its a bullshit marketing fuck-up.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I found the idea deplorable and discusting but...

its also old... the game was released nov 2004... the link to cnn doesnt exist anymore.. page not found... the old website is still there but the game is no longer available... it just says on this site history was made on nov 22 2004...

really is it any worse then grand theft auto 3, postal, or any of the other games of the nature? Givin its about the assasination of one of our presidents.. but medal of honor allied assault has a portion where you storm the beach of normandy. bombs exploding and bullets flying and watching a few hundred soldiers get blown to bits.. in one part a peice of a soldiers head flew by my view... so really is it worse to recreate the assasination of one man or the slaughter of a few hundred?

jamesp

In Memory...
yeah, i think i saw a story on the news about this game last year.....get current!

gross i had to watch a film and see jfk's head get blown to bits thats sick that they're makin a video game with it in it

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
lesmith128 said:
I think that is the grossest thing i have ever heard of what is the world coming to
I'm really suprised nobody said this yet...

"If you haven't got anything to add to old threads, KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT."