WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Killer deal on a 6800, forget the 6600GT.

Descent

Hella Constipated
As of now, fuck the 6600GT, because Chaintech is selling their 6800 128MB 10% OCed Turbo Version for $229.99, only $30 more than a 6600GT.

You will get infinitely more performance, and you are able to softmod it to a 6800GT/Ultra if you get a GPU that has 16 working pipes. With the 6800 series, from what I've read is that they have a much higher softmodding rate than ATi's cards. As of now, I'm running a 9700 Pro but I will upgrade this summer.

I can personally attest to Chaintech's quality, because my 7NIL1 motherboard is the only mATX Socket A board on the market with the nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset, and it OC's like a dream, as well as being the best mobo I've used to date.

Currently running my 2500+@3200+ 190FSB rock-solid.

The Card:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=323261

Read a review here:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/VGA/Chaintech_AA6800/index.htm

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
daaaaamn! i remember when the 6800 OC GT was 400 at Best Buy...but hey if you can just softmod it, I'd go with this. I'm definitely in the market to buy right now, so I might consider a 6800. gg descent. :thumbsup:

ArrowHate

Banned - What an Asshat!
LiberatioN said:
daaaaamn! i remember when the 6800 OC GT was 400 at Best Buy...but hey if you can just softmod it, I'd go with this. I'm definitely in the market to buy right now, so I might consider a 6800. gg descent. :thumbsup:
GODDAMN that sucks. My Geforce > that any day

Descent

Hella Constipated
LiberatioN said:
daaaaamn! i remember when the 6800 OC GT was 400 at Best Buy...but hey if you can just softmod it, I'd go with this. I'm definitely in the market to buy right now, so I might consider a 6800. gg descent.
Better act quick before nVidia locks it like ATi did!

Oh, and by the way...The cooling on that card is great. I'm personally picking one up over the summer.

Did you check out the pictures in the review?

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Yea...cooling is a major issue for me. My Geforce FX 5600 heats up WAY too much; mainly because i play alot of graphic-intensive FPS games (Doom 3, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half Life 2, Call of Duty, etc). Within this month, I might be able to put some money away for that card. We'll see what happens.

Descent

Hella Constipated
LiberatioN said:
Yea...cooling is a major issue for me. My Geforce FX 5600 heats up WAY too much; mainly because i play alot of graphic-intensive FPS games (Doom 3, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half Life 2, Call of Duty, etc). Within this month, I might be able to put some money away for that card. We'll see what happens.
I've always said that stock cooling sucks, but I can honestly say that Chaintech's is extremely nice.

Two weeks after buying my Radeon 9700 Pro, the fan conked out and I got a second degree burn touching the heatsink. I picked up a Vantec Iceberq 4, and eight Zalman ramsinks. I have four Vantec sinks on the bottom ram, four large Zalmans on the top RAM, and four small Zalmans on the MOSFET heat spreader. My card actually runs better after I did this, and it overclocks better too, but I don't bother with that.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Wow, I've noticed all Descent posts about is:

1.) Homosexual Animals..
2.) Computer parts and Computers in general..
3.) Old Video games and Consoles...
4.) And his hairy ass back...

Great.
:thumbsup:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
well, sometimes his posts are actually decent, which is alot more than i can say about yours.

Descent

Hella Constipated
LiberatioN said:
well, sometimes his posts are actually decent, which is alot more than i can say about yours.
Yes...as of late Smoke :).

Wow, a post about computer parts in a computer forum, wtf is his problem? Regardless, that looks like a really good deal and I'm actually thinking of upgrading from my GG Geforce 2 MX