WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Kinda Odd Friend

I have this friend, she is a very awesome person, but there are a few things about her that kind of irk me, correct me if you guys out there don't think any of this is weird:

• She's 19, doesn't live with her parents, but she's on her parent's medical insurance plan (insurance fraud, right?)

• She's super, super smart; but she insists on staying at the same retail job that only offers her $7.75/hour because her mom is the store manager.

• She refuses to fill up her own gas tank. Her mom does it for her.

• ...And she never pays for her gas, either. Her grandma does.

• She never does her own grocery shopping. She'll have her mom or sister go to the store.

• She considers working with friends as "hanging out". She doesn't really hang out with people outside the workplace.

• ...It's not like her job is full-time, either. She works only about 30 hours a week.

• She went 4 months without talking to me for no apparent reason.

• She calls a friend of ours a slut for no reason.

• ...Then she gets mad at our friend when our friend gets upset about being called a slut.

• She ended senior year of high school early because she had a mental breakdown (pretty much).

• ...That was two years ago and it's all still unresolved, but she won't get help for it.

• Her sister totally uses her.

• ...And she takes it out on everybody else instead of confronting her sister.

• She'll ask for my opinion, then do the opposite 90% of the time.

• She brings up things people definately don't want to talk about.

• ...On purpose.

But, yeah, like I said she's an awesome person, I just kind of felt like venting about her a little bit. I, surprisingly feel a little better. :thumbsup: But I'd still like to know other people's thoughts on this. Please.
:feedback:

Invalid

Clitpickle
well first of all mental problems? likely, but I'm no doctor...

she may stay working at the retail because it's easy? I dunno, I'd fucking hate dealing with customers. Some people like it though.

As far as having their mom do groceries and gas and stuff that's ridiculous, I'd say lazyiness or doesn't know how to do it honestly. When I used to work at a subway in a gas station atleast 1 person a day wouldn't know how to use a damn gas pump. Does she pay for groceries? Maybe only working 30 hours a week she isn't able to pay for it all?

mooching sister...I have one of those, although she actually pays me back. She's 23 for god's sake! As far as confrontation maybe it's because it's her sister? That "family" ties thing maybe? "it's my sister how can I say no?!" deal

Is she really out going or not? introvert, extrovert stuff. Maybe those things give her an anxiety attack or something? christ a mental breakdown for god's sake what for?

help is probably a good idea, like an intervention thing you know. They don't THINK they have problem. Mom and grandma aren't going to be there to baby her the rest of her life.

There are also probably a million different perfectly logical explanations for all those weird "quirks" she has but I don't have many friends that you know....have mental breakdowns.

edit: If I met someone like that personally I'd probably stay away. That's me though, I don't know her though so I don't know how "awsome" she is. You mentioned that outside of work she never really socializes with people, do you work with her?

I'm not sure why she had the mental break down...

And she has said "no" to her sister before, so, it's not like an "i can't say no to my sister" type of thing. So, I don't know about that.

And she does pay for her groceries, she just doesn't go grocery shopping. She has plenty of money to pay for her own gas even though she doesn't work that much, she just saves all her money that she doesn't use.

I can't even begin to explain how annoying it is when I hear HER complain about the gas prices increasing. I just want to say "But...you don't even pay for gas, let alone go get gas yourself." Grrrr...

Invalid

Clitpickle
You should tell her about that gas thing. As a friend it is your responsiblity to call your friend's on their bullshit.

I know I would

Invalid said:
You should tell her about that gas thing. As a friend it is your responsiblity to call your friend's on their bullshit.

I know I would
that's true. :)

Invalid said:

I know I would
I have to agree. Point out these things that irk you, (or better yet, e-mail her the link to this topic). She can't fix something she's not aware of.

Reqium

Tenderony
HintOfClarity said:
I just want to say "But...you don't even pay for gas, let alone go get gas yourself." Grrrr...
And that is exactly what you should tell her. That looks like Laziness at its best. I should know, My sister was like that. Not anymore though heh. For my sister i just pointed out how lazy she was.. Of course it took a bit of convincing but it worked.

thats pretty fucked up she needs a life and a therapist

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
HintOfClarity said:
I have this friend, she is a very awesome person, but there are a few things about her that kind of irk me, correct me if you guys out there don't think any of this is weird:

• She's 19, doesn't live with her parents, but she's on her parent's medical insurance plan (insurance fraud, right?)

• She's super, super smart; but she insists on staying at the same retail job that only offers her $7.75/hour because her mom is the store manager.

• She refuses to fill up her own gas tank. Her mom does it for her.

• ...And she never pays for her gas, either. Her grandma does.

• She never does her own grocery shopping. She'll have her mom or sister go to the store.

• She considers working with friends as "hanging out". She doesn't really hang out with people outside the workplace.

• ...It's not like her job is full-time, either. She works only about 30 hours a week.

• She went 4 months without talking to me for no apparent reason.

• She calls a friend of ours a slut for no reason.

• ...Then she gets mad at our friend when our friend gets upset about being called a slut.

• She ended senior year of high school early because she had a mental breakdown (pretty much).

• ...That was two years ago and it's all still unresolved, but she won't get help for it.

• Her sister totally uses her.

• ...And she takes it out on everybody else instead of confronting her sister.

• She'll ask for my opinion, then do the opposite 90% of the time.

• She brings up things people definately don't want to talk about.

• ...On purpose.

But, yeah, like I said she's an awesome person, I just kind of felt like venting about her a little bit. I, surprisingly feel a little better. :thumbsup: But I'd still like to know other people's thoughts on this. Please.
:feedback:
sounds kinda odd.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
wow..sounds kinda like me, lol
except I'm really nice...sorta depressed...sorta anorexic
I only got 3 friends outside work so at work friends is kinda a hangout...and my 3 friends barely see me, and I tend not to want to talk to them either, never had a gf
i still live at home though and I'm 19, really smart in math,
i do though pay for my own gas, my own medication, my college, my food, my clothes, basically I support myself

idk, sounds like someone I should be with, lol
i guess from my experience we're just an odd kind of ppl, unique, lol....afraid of the world..yet I'm tryin to conform myself to be more outgoing and expressive, more fun
ppl say I'm cool to be around with too, but I usually can't stand them..thas y my friends get annoying and I don't want to hear from them
if she's like me, then I can say I'm really lonely thas all, 3 friends who u barely see and no gf...only the internet is ur friend is pretty lonely, sux to do things by urself
but I don't jus do this..I dirtbike, paintball, play some DDR, etc...jus sometimes asthma kills ur breathin, and anorexia keeps u from getting that energy u need

idk, i feel like I should talk to her...cause u like described myself in 3/4 of that description and I didn't think there was others out there like me with those kinda odd problems
ok, estoy sueno, buenos noches todos, es ella esta linda? esta bebe o fuma? si no, me gusto habla con ella ;)

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
i hate humans they piss me off

pakdatson

Banned - What an Asshat!
did u say a few things, becuase u pretty much have a list of sh$t u dont like about her. she has to be hot, why else would u keep talking to her. she sounds like shes lazy, and wants to be taken care of.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
pakdatson said:
did u say a few things, becuase u pretty much have a list of sh$t u dont like about her. she has to be hot, why else would u keep talking to her. she sounds like shes lazy, and wants to be taken care of.
Way to beat dead horse dude. :bonk:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
She sounds like a spoiled little brat that needs a good dose of reality.

evilghoul

Eee-Ook Gow
Well, you could learn a little more about her, ex. why she called the friend a slut, why she ignored you... you have to talk before you post shit about her.