WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Kit locked my thread, why????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
so here's what i want to know.
why is Kit censoring my inquiry?
b/c its publicly posted????

http://forums.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=6688

that's not right. why the hell can't i post about the things that involve this site on the site?

(about your post)
but since you mentioned it Kit, yes i have pm'd jason. (many times) and the answer i received was..."i'll mail it to you next week." which is fine, but "next week" is always next week. and if you're not going to really send me the stuff, tell me, that's okay too. except i'd be pissed wtf.com got my personal information from me when everyone else gets to remain anonymous. what REALLY pisses me off is, you're acting like you're trying to hide something or cover it up?!!!!!! WTF?

-thanks for your help & concern though Kit

jason/brit
guys, i like this site but this is BS. and if i sound angry its mostly b/c Kit decided to take it upon herself to lock the original thread for NO reason. there is NO policy against my thread's contents and it just seems like someone is a little too "MOD" happy.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
and btw-
DG is mod of chit chat too. who read it, replied, and left it alone.
so i am guessing if the content isn't up to Kit's expectations, then its locked and sent to the wastelands?

-i wasn't aware Kit owned this site.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Kit does nto own the site. Her view was that it was not a viable post. She has been a MOD a hell of a lot longer than I. I am not defending her, I am stating that she is a MOD for a reason. Apparently, your question would have been better answered by contacting Brit or Jas to get a reply, instead of a thread that I am sure would have turned into several pages of dipshit speak, my own post included.

It was locked.

Deal with it.

Move on.

I am fucking sick of why was my thread moved, deleted, shoved up my ass.

Get on with life people, it is only a fucking post.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Just for some clarity...

While there has been some delays in receiving your X-Box, it's only been less than two weeks since I've last spoken to you (and I was "the best" and you had forgiven me for my family situation which i had no control over) and 5-6 weeks since I announced you as the winner. While that's annoying I'm sure, there have been hardware shortages (i'll detail that below) and posting on the site in the way you did wasn't going to get you anywhere. I don't technically have to send you squat. :) Kitana did the correct thing, as any staff member with experience on any online service or any company/store would do. Would you walk into a store and do that? You'll be asked to leave. No, you'd go to customer service or make a call. Kitana removed it properly pending further response from me. You're bitching about it not being in the rules was ill-conceived and a desperate attempt at an excuse for silly behavior. Not everything is in the rules, and we reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason. You agree to these terms by clicking the checkmark when you register.. ;) I only told you about a delay a couple of times, and it's been weeks since you've spoken to me and elected to just yack about it publicly.. Remember, when things are missing from public view here, they are in my queue for me to look over and you needn't worry.

The delays in total only amounted to a month (and half that since we've last spoke to each other). I've also e-mailed you MOST of the time but apparently that wasn't working and dumbass that I am didn't think of PM'ing you instead (since we did that a few times too, I just prefer e-mail).. The X-Box game console is in extremely low supply around the US (mostly sold out everywhere), as well as difficult to get for online purchase. You can barely buy it anywhere without getting sick-ass packages with 50 things included.

The one I had purchased BEFORE I announced the contest winner ended up having to go back to the Walmart because of a very barely noticable sticker indicating a return. Before I noticed this return label (small sticker that was near the barcode making it difficult to see without LOOKING for it) I had already gone to ship your item after about a 1 week delay (as was told to you with apologies and the offer to include a couple free games I had which we did PM back and forth about a few times) but you had only given me a PO Box to work with which noone would apparently ship with. It's lucky though, otherwise you might have gotten THAT unit heh.

Anyways, when I returned home with the unit because of the PO Box situation, I e-mailed you and let you know I needed a more specific address (which took a little while to receive). The following day is when I noticed the return sticker, and the return shouldn't have been on the shelf, and I certainly wasn't comfortable sending you a unit that may have had problems. I returned it, and couldn't find a replacement in any local stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, Target, EB Games, Toys R Us) and I've been having a bitch of a time getting it online from all the popular sites (I don't send gifts from companies I haven't dealt with before personally). I found one unit at one place last Thursday, where it was labeled in STOCK but was e-mailed yesterday saying that was a mistake too. Kick ass. I had e-mailed you during this process too and for some odd reason you had not received them so I should have just PM'd you all along eh? I apologize for that.

This was also all in the middle of some rather tricky family situations going on right now which has not been easy, and this didn't always have my attention as much as it could have. This was the reason for about half of my delays.

The resolution: Saturday the X-Box popped up on Circuit City (Online) as a bundle only. I have decided to purchase this bundle (which includes an extra controller, a dvd playback kit, etc.) and have also included a $50 Gift Card to purchase a new game for your unit when you receive it this week. Shipping has also been expedited and you should receieve it Wednesday or Thursday. Since it's a weekend, I do not yet have a tracking # available but i will PM it to you on Monday when it is in my inbox.

No hard feelings, we hope you enjoy many hours with your new X-Box.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
gurlgonewild said:
so here's what i want to know.
why is Kit censoring my inquiry?
b/c its publicly posted????

http://forums.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=6688

that's not right. why the hell can't i post about the things that involve this site on the site?

(about your post)
but since you mentioned it Kit, yes i have pm'd jason. (many times) and the answer i received was..."i'll mail it to you next week." which is fine, but "next week" is always next week. and if you're not going to really send me the stuff, tell me, that's okay too. except i'd be pissed wtf.com got my personal information from me when everyone else gets to remain anonymous. what REALLY pisses me off is, you're acting like you're trying to hide something or cover it up?!!!!!! WTF?

-thanks for your help & concern though Kit

jason/brit
guys, i like this site but this is BS. and if i sound angry its mostly b/c Kit decided to take it upon herself to lock the original thread for NO reason. there is NO policy against my thread's contents and it just seems like someone is a little too "MOD" happy.
Actually I removed the thread, kit just closed it. You need to talk to Jason through Email/chat or Pm's. I can't think of a reason to make this public unless you are trying to make him look less than honest.

Broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.