WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

knock it off nintendo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
ok Nintendo is getting a bit annoying with the endless parade of handhelds lately... We started out with Gameboy, and Gameboy Color... Then The Gameboy Advance. The Advance got Re-released in a smaller pocket size fold up shape, the SP. then the fuckheads pumped out the Nintendo DS.. some dual screen game boy thing, just the second the advance was becomming the thing...

Now before the DS has even gotten a real chance to take hold, they are pumping out this new Gameboy Micro.. Come on now... its worse then computer processing power lately... the second you buy one of these fuckers you gotta get a new one because nintendo wants to add an extra screen, or make it fold.. its getting annoying..

but on a positive note it does have a retro NES controller style

really. haven't seen or heard of it yet. did like the nintendo controllers that first came out though.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Many of the faults Nintendo is performing were already pioneered by Sega 10 years earlier...

Too many incompatible platforms/inferior versions of other products in that family: GameCube, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Micro

Sega: Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn, Pico, Nomad (The Nomad is an uber-rare handheld Sega Genesis that gets c. 2.5 of battery life with 6 AA's. I'm a proud owner of one and I can safely say it pwns the PSP.)

Alienation of user base.

When Sega of Japan forced Sega of America and Sega of Europe to fire the advertising firms responsible for the "SEGA Scream" and "Pirate TV" ads, Sega went from rebellious and cool to kiddie and totally gay, even in my eyes. I still don't own a Saturn...

If you were to compare the Nintendo 64's library and ad campaign to the GameCube, it's the exact same shit.

But unlike the Saturn, it's pretty much impossible to use the GameCube as your main system if you are thirteen or older.

Hence why I feel assraped by them with the GameCube.

Those who do not learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it...

anyone who purchases a gamecube experiences an assrape.

as soon as xbox 360 passes by and drops a few hundred bucks, i'm gonna go on and get one of those.

Fideru

Agitated Pancake
Well, the new Nintendo Revolution controller is just dumb. Like honestly, what drugs were they on when they made it?

And ps3 rapes xbox 360 btw.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Fideru said:
Well, the new Nintendo Revolution controller is just dumb. Like honestly, what drugs were they on when they made it?

And ps3 rapes xbox 360 btw.
Why is the Revolution's controller dumb? It's designed after something you use everyday, a television remote. Like, they must have been on the, like, totally weird drug, that like, makes you realize, that like, people won't have to adjust to a new controller, like whoa.

Did you know that the Gameboy Advance was re-released with brighter back-lit screens and two new colors. :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Why is the Revolution's controller dumb? It's designed after something you use everyday, a television remote. Like, they must have been on the, like, totally weird drug, that like, makes you realize, that like, people won't have to adjust to a new controller, like whoa.

Did you know that the Gameboy Advance was re-released with brighter back-lit screens and two new colors. :thumbsup:
it's an attempt to appeal to people who aren't tech savvy and see video games as complicated and confusing.

im probably not going to even hit this console round. at 300 or more dollars per console there isn't any big rush on my part to get the consoles when most of the games i play are also released on the computer, even if it's later down the road

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Alls I gotta say is that I'd rather use a console controller to control my TV with. For us, say, GAMERS, it's a lot more intuitive than a remote. :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
WizardlyFriend said:
it's an attempt to appeal to people who aren't tech savvy and see video games as complicated and confusing.

im probably not going to even hit this console round. at 300 or more dollars per console there isn't any big rush on my part to get the consoles when most of the games i play are also released on the computer, even if it's later down the road

And if you don't buy one, I'll be SURE to stick a pineapple up your asshole until you see the sheer amount of innovative, third-party, indie software you've been missing out on.

Why upgrade to a new console with less innovative, quality software, when you can buy an older console for $30 and have the time of your life, playing all-new kinds of stuff?

Descent said:

And if you don't buy one, I'll be SURE to stick a pineapple up your asshole until you see the sheer amount of innovative, third-party, indie software you've been missing out on.

Why upgrade to a new console with less innovative, quality software, when you can buy an older console for $30 and have the time of your life, playing all-new kinds of stuff?
Never Forget

Oh, the ironing.

:rotflmao:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Unforgiven said:
Never Forget

Oh, the ironing.

:rotflmao:
I was jabbing at Kitana :)...

She would ban me if that was 2004 :rotflmao:.

Unlike 9/11 almost everyone forgot what Dreamcast actually did for us: Let everyone into the game design world with no lock and key, give us excellent online play, next to no loading times, amazing graphics, and endless hardware and software innovations.

Nailbomb said:
Descent, seriously, you need to get off Sega's cock.
:mad::mfinger:

I've said numerous times I enjoy Dreamcast because of innovative indie games, NOT because of Sega's first party lineup, which, IMO, is of high quality but not to my Americanized liking.

Like Dreamcast or hate it, there is no denying that it created a new, cheap, easy to get into market for upstart game companies with fresh ideas, like the sadly now-defunct Pitbull Productions, the company behind the amazing game Demolition Racer: No Exit.

Sega's first party stuff is best on Genesis and Saturn, like I've said before. Dreamcast is the system for people who always need something new and refreshing, like myself.

FzM said:
Did you know that the Gameboy Advance was re-released with brighter back-lit screens and two new colors.
:lol:

That's why I wanted a Game Gear for so many years - You had to be near the surface of the Sun to play on a Gameboy Color.

When the GBA came out, I never bought anything for it. Instead, I used my (now dead) Neo Geo Pocket Color and my Sega Nomad.

I literally went outside on the fucking curb to play my GBA when I got it. My bro has an imported one from Japan and it's screen sucks balls even more than my American unit.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color had no backlight but didn't need one, the display was so intensely reflective that it could easily be seen next to a 4-watt nightlight bulb, I tried it and beat the final boss of Sonic Pocket Adventure like that.

The Sega Nomad is, well, a luggable handheld Genesis that has eaten more batetries in it's lifetime than Pamela Anderson has eaten cocks.

But is it worth lugging that bastard around? Absolutely. It attracts people like a magnet, and attracts fun like one as well.

Old handhelds > *.handhelds

Descent said:

Sega: Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn, Pico, Nomad (The Nomad is an uber-rare handheld Sega Genesis that gets c. 2.5 of battery life with 6 AA's. I'm a proud owner of one and I can safely say it pwns the PSP.)

You forgot the CDX, one of the worst systems ever. "Look ma it's a "portable" cd player too!"
On a positive note the new Revolution control looks friggin awesome.

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
Nintendo are pissing me off too. People bitch at EA for theier yearly updates of games. Nintendo are doing a similar thing with thier hardware.

P.S Looking at some of the recent games published by EA, Burnout Revenge, Burnout Legends and the new Madden, they seem to be responding to all the shit they are taking.

people who bitch about ea are stupid. first of all sports rosters change everyyear. you have to come out with new updated games each year for sports that is a given. not to mention how much fun is a game once you beat it. especially if it only takes a few days. trade it in for the new version and be done with it. and i personally like the original gameboy and tetris. all of these other ones suck..and PS3 will rape xbox360...............

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
With the amount of people who have or are getting broad band internet connections the new genneration will be decided on the online play. Microsoft have an advantage with XBOX Live already set up they have a slight advantage. Whereas Sony's PS2 online thingy they have sucks. There is no one thing that links one game to the other (like friends lists). If any one has used XBOX Live and Sony's service there is comparison really. If Sony get this aspect correct then the PS3 really will rape the 360's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.