WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Know your Enemy: Bill Gates

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
First, he betrays his former partners at Zerox.
Then, he plagues America with shitty software out the ass.
Now, he seeks to legitimize and intensify the work shortage for American software engineers...
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates urged the Bush administration and lawmakers Wednesday to abolish immigration limits on foreign engineers who can be hired by U.S. companies, a sensitive subject among American technology workers watching their own jobs increasingly move overseas.
whole story...
Bill Gates says piss on American tech workers
I can't believe this piece of shit is breathing my air.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well there is a flip side to Gates. He has enough money to live the rest of his life in complete comfort and just enjoy himself. He will never do this. He is a driven, miserable, socially inept, person. He'll NEVER be happy, how can he be? He's one of the richest men who ever lived, and he's completely unable to enjoy it because of his obsessive lifestyle. I feel sorry for his failed attempt at a life.

If "winning" at life is money, he wins.
If being "happy and fullfilled" in life is the goal, he loses.

I'd rather be the latter, than the former.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I don't know how you call a phobia for people with beards.. but I heard he has it :thumbsup:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Did anyone actually read the link?

Gates gets pwned by the Undersecretary of Commerce. It was awsome... well, I chuckled at least.

dude if it wasn't for gates you most likely wouldnt even be on a computer right now.think about that.

:mfinger:

Jung

???
Premium
iamegan said:
dude if it wasn't for gates you most likely wouldnt even be on a computer right now.think about that.

:mfinger:
He uses a Mac... There are plenty of other good OSes out there, nobody has to use Windows, it's actually one of the worst choices.

Think about that.

P.S. It'd probably just be best for you to avoid this forum. Definitely don't troll it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Windows Longhorn Smashed by Paul Thurott (Multiple Pages):
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=46188

Microsoft Misses Q3 Profit Projections:
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2005/tc20050429_0734_tc024.htm

There are about four other nasty Longhorn stories on Slashdot, but I'm not posting them...They've been covered before, mainly shit like the lack of WinFS and Trusted Computing (The latter being a godsend, I don't want my MP3's getting deleted wrongfully).

Unless M$ is able to soup up Longhorn to not be "3D XP," I'm honestly not upgrading, and I'm not too sure OEM's will either.

I mean, if you saw the new WinHEC beta screenshots when they were on the web, fucking build 4051 from 2003 - THAT'S A LITTLE OVER 1000 BUILDS OLDER, had more impressive features than this crock of shit. I personally used build 4051 on a friend's machine for a day and loved it. But this "New" Longhorn just screams "filler."

Hey...4051 had no 3D accelerated desktop...But it was definitely better GDI code, and if there's no sidebar, nothing can make me upgrade.

THE DEATH OF THE SIDEBAR IS FUCKING TRAGIC! That was the greatest thing ever...I loved being able to organize everything I needed in one little box, and minimize it if need be. Too bad my friend has that copy of Longhorn...It was pure bliss surfing the net on it, and it ran games mighty fine too!

Chewie

Oops I farted....
hehe. According to Yahoo news, Gates in now pressuring major automobile makers to start incorperating more tech into cars......OMFG. He say that he envisions a future where cars will fix themselves and will be computer controlled, eliminating crashes. WTF?? he cant even make an OS that will run a computer reliably, let alon a vehicle with thousands of moving parts! Is this the beginning of the Endtimes??? Is Bill Gates the Antichrist?? This must be the sign of his impending takeover of the entire world! Actually, if you think about it, Microsoft and the Internet sound like Skynet.....OOOOOOHHHH

LOL :D

Boycott

Soul Doubt
...Self fixing car? Who the shit lets this guy live? Gates probably has enough money to have cars fixed, but not a self-fixing car... Seriously, is the car going to grow a new tailpipe? Or weld its own patches onto rust spots? Paint itself after fixing the welds up to be unnoticable? Replace its own spark plugs? Replace its own oil?

Transformers, Robots in disguise!

OMG i just bought a new Microsoft Autobot! I named him Alt Control Delete!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Error: Drive.exe has encountered a fatal exception and has to stop. Please brace for getting rear ended as we slam on your brakes.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Unless M$ is able to soup up Longhorn to not be "3D XP," I'm honestly not upgrading, and I'm not too sure OEM's will either.
You make yourself look like a clueless fanboy when you say "M$," yet use their OSes yourself. Also, it's an ago old clliche...
I mean, if you saw the new WinHEC beta screenshots when they were on the web, fucking build 4051 from 2003 - THAT'S A LITTLE OVER 1000 BUILDS OLDER, had more impressive features than this crock of shit. I personally used build 4051 on a friend's machine for a day and loved it. But this "New" Longhorn just screams "filler."
I've seen the new videos from WINHEC, the new Longhorn looks a LOT better than the old crap. It's more useful, with less eye candy and useless garbage like that god awful sidebar.
THE DEATH OF THE SIDEBAR IS FUCKING TRAGIC! That was the greatest thing ever...I loved being able to organize everything I needed in one little box, and minimize it if need be.
That sidebar was the shittiest thing about Longhorn, what an eyesore.

Jung

???
Premium
Bill_Gates said:
Lol...Um...I`m Bill Gates, Bitch
Stop shitting up this thread, you stupid gimmick. I won't hesitate to ban your uncreative ass. :mfinger:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Is it just me or does no one realize that Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s (SCEI) wrongs have been more aggressive and harmful for the game industry than M$ has ever done for the computing industry :confused:?

It's very lenghty, but I'll post about it later. I'm super tired.

SCEI makes M$ look like fucking pansies.

As much as M$ hates it, Sony will ALWAYS have more power than them. They put out crappy records, crappy movies, crappy electronics that break down a lot, and crappy games systems from a hardware point of view.

But people still buy them. Except me, I boycotted their fucking asses back in 2001 when they fucking robbed me of my Dreamcast investment. And although Sega's titles sucked, the third party quality was superb due to the ease of programming the unit.

Oh, and the CD player I bought from them before that lacked a pause button, and it sounded like a cassette. For $50 even a GPX would have kicked that things ass.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
do you actually read......any of the stuff you post....?