WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Korean mushroom cloud supposedly Not From Nuclear Blast

Jung

???
Premium
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]so last thursday a mushroom cloud with a
diameter of 2.5 miles was spotted in North Korea. the US news wires didn't pick this up until saturday.

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/as...,272336,00.html

no one is really sure whats going on... then fox news and CNN report it was a "forest fire"
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiap...last/index.html

now apparently the "forest fire" excuse is going away and now its a "mystery":
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...id=516&ncid=716

while interestingly, S. Korean paper claims US covering up:
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/2004...0090309031.html

at this point i doubt it was a neclear blast (seismic data from around the world would detect this) but something fishy is going on.

also, i was watching CNN's webpage last night.. this story went from the front page to hidden in the "world" section within a span of 15 minutes.. replaced by topics such as "nelly releases new double album" and talks about how wal-mart wants to build a store in mexican ruins.
[/font]

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
thats scary... what ever it was.. hopefully China will get their lil brother in line...
the news organizations have been running with alot of stories lately with out substantial proof... they seem to compete to see who puts it out first.. not who gets the best most accurate story... all it does is spread rumors... I hope it wasn't a nuke.. but if it was it would still prolly be on the front page... unless Scott Peterson changed his hair color or some shit...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I think we should attack North Korea with full military force and without delay. If necessary we should release our nuclear arsenal on them. They are obviously terrorists and/or related to terrorists. I also believe they have WMD's.

Shit...........wait......they have no oil.

Never mind.....scratch that.

brad_nz

Just another white guy
fuck north korea.
if they kill us at least we would be in a better place than the hell that we are currently situated in right now

or subsequently we can blast them out of their own skins
your choice
enjoy

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
they don't have oil...but I believe they sit on some of the largest natural gas reserves in the world.. but we gave them money and technology for nuclear power plants... because they promised that if we did that they wouldn't persue Nuke weapons..

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
they don't have oil...but I believe they sit on some of the largest natural gas reserves in the world.. but we gave them money and technology for nuclear power plants... because they promised that if we did that they wouldn't persue Nuke weapons..

"But wtf......you promised"

"We had fingers crossed...roundeye" :mfinger:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MaxPower said:
I think we should attack North Korea with full military force and without delay. If necessary we should release our nuclear arsenal on them. They are obviously terrorists and/or related to terrorists. I also believe they have WMD's.

Shit...........wait......they have no oil.

Never mind.....scratch that.
No, no, I like your thinking, people are getting dam sick and tired of this Iraq thing, we need a new Terror target. I mean that hairdo on the Kim Jong Il, it's got terrorist written all over it... Let's go!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
voiceofreason said:
No, no, I like your thinking, people are getting dam sick and tired of this Iraq thing, we need a new Terror target. I mean that hairdo on the Kim Jong Il, it's got terrorist written all over it... Let's go!
I don't often say this but "ROTFL, LOL"

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
war sucks we all know it was a nuke

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I don't believe it was a nuke.. but we will see what the IAEA says about it... and you know if me.. the right wing conspiracy theorist doesn't believe it... it must not be true... :p

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
I don't believe it was a nuke.. but we will see what the IAEA says about it... and you know if me.. the right wing conspiracy theorist doesn't believe it... it must not be true... :p
The glass is always half full...maybe Kim Jong Il burped...

3 words............FUCK NORTH KOREA..........all they can do with a nuke is ship it to a US port or give it to terrorists. both those i doubt, and i also dont think they could make a ICBM able to reach us, i mean China just recently develped one that can reach middle american and the test rockets keep going boom 2 seconds after lift off. North Korea isn't that big of a threat yet...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
I agree. I don't believe it was a nuke. If it was; we have enough "eye's in the sky" and seismic detection to be able to tell. Then there would be detectable levels of residual radiation.

rainbowblack

fucked up shit
let N.Korea bomb us, at least the US has a valid reason to wipe another nation off the face of the earth