Ladies ONLY, I have a question.

Easty

Click click boom
I learned in 8th grade that if you cuss in the presence of a lady, it acts as a sign of disrespect. is that true? :(

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
it was. i say was, b/c i admit being fond of cursing occassionally. i especially like the work FUCK. the way it rolls off my tongue...mmmm, there's just something no other word in the slang-ionary that suffices. :)

..............eastside! eastside of manhatten?????????......or no?

Nymphchick

Fack Aff!
it depends on the girl, some are really insulted, some can put up with it but cring, i myself couldn't care a less. then again i swear worse then a guy, i'm such a lady :rolleyes:

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Generally yes it is. These days, however, girls just accept it as every day language so it's not as bad. But I'd still say yes it is rude and disrespectful to curse in front of a lady/woman. It may be old fashioned but I do think it's a sign of intelligence for someone to be able to refrain from using curse words in front of me in general conversation. I understand sometimes the use of curse words is a way to express yourself but there are many other words that can express a person's thoughts just as well.

That being said. I really only use curse words in my own home. My family doesn't hear me curse nor do friends and aquaintences. My husband hears me sometimes but he lives with me and gets to hear the good and bad stuff from me. What a lucky guy! ;) However, if I have a guest over, the cursing stops imediately.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
In general, yes it is disrespectful. The key phrase is "in the presence of a 'lady'." Very few women these days are deserving of the term "lady", which essentially translates to sheltered uptight bitch. To find out if the woman in question is a lady, drop something heavy on her foot. Or get in the car with her during rush hour. It'll become clear soon enough. :D

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
switch_scribe said:
To find out if the woman in question is a lady, drop something heavy on her foot. Or get in the car with her during rush hour. It'll become clear soon enough. :D

lol i wasn't aware bodily harm was necessary to figure out if she's a lady! 2ff

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
shes a lady if she will unlock ur door when u let her in through the passenger side.....if she dont open it 4 u that means shes a skank ho who will eat ur freakin lobster dinner and suck off the waiter when she "excuses" herself to use the ladies room haha

mideck

mideck
Quite frankly, I dont think it is disrespectfull .. I mean, some chicks curse all the time .. and some dont .. it depends on the person I guess .. But I mean .. it might be offensive to some ... but like all the chicks I hang out with and the ones I know .. wouldnt be offended by it .. and I think it also depends on the age of the chick ... if she is like 30 something .. ya prolly she will be offended .. and it does show disrespect .. but the teens .. ya right like we could care .. well the majority of us would ..

Basic line ... It depends on the lady ...

mideck

mideck
Quite frankly, I dont think it is disrespectfull .. I mean, some chicks curse all the time .. and some dont .. it depends on the person I guess .. But I mean .. it might be offensive to some ... but like all the chicks I hang out with and the ones I know .. wouldnt be offended by it .. and I think it also depends on the age of the chick ... if she is like 30 something .. ya prolly she will be offended .. and it does show disrespect .. but the teens .. ya right like we could care .. well the majority of us would ..

Basic line ... It depends on the lady ...

Jarilith

Tenderony
I am a mechanic's daughter, I make construction workers and truckdrivers blush. Swearing in front of me is par for the course. :argue:

There is a difference between swearing as emphasis, and swearing just to see how many curse words you can smash into one sentence. I have MORE respect for someone articulate enough to their point indisputably clear without the need for profanity. However, I still think its disrepectful to curse in front of older (read: ELDERLY) women. Unless of course they drop the bomb first.:naughty:

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
switch_scribe said:
The key phrase is "in the presence of a 'lady'." Very few women these days are deserving of the term "lady", which essentially translates to sheltered uptight bitch. To find out if the woman in question is a lady, drop something heavy on her foot. Or get in the car with her during rush hour. It'll become clear soon enough. :D

first of all i know i'm not a lady so yeah you can just get over that now, now that being said...

Thats your opinion. I see a girl as one of two things, a woman or a lady. A woman is just a bitch that cares nothing of anyone else and who lacks morals and just dosn't give a damn. A lady is someone who has morals respects others and takes other feelings into account before opening her mouth. So i would have to say yes it is disrespectful to curse infront of a lady, but screw the woman cuss her out all ya want