WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Lapping up the Competition

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Lickity

Board repremands teacher for licking students’ wounds

BEND (AP) — A state board voted to publicly reprimand a Central Linn High School teacher and football coach for licking the bleeding wounds of several student athletes.

The Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission Wednesday placed Scott Reed on two years’ probation.

Details of the case and censure will go on the commission Web site and be sent to all Oregon school districts and to departments of education nationwide.

Reed must attend a class on the risks of blood-borne pathogens within the next two months and furnish the commission with written verification of his attendance.

Reed agreed to “stipulated facts” that included him licking blood from wounds on a track team member’s knee, a football player’s arm, and a high school student’s hand.

It was not clear why he licked the wounds.

The Linn County Sheriff’s Office investigated the case last year. No charges were filed. Sheriff Dave Burright called the behavior “bizarre” but not criminal, since the contact wasn’t forced.

Two students who reported licking incidents and another who witnessed an incident said it seemed that Reed was “just joking around.”

Reed, a science teacher, resigned this spring as a track coach but remains the school’s dean of students and head football coach.

The state sanctions virtually duplicated those imposed by the school district.

In a separate case on Wednesday, the commission sanctioned Max Harrell, the Central Linn superintendent, for gross neglect of duty. He also will receive a public reprimand and two years’ probation.

Harrell’s stipulated agreement revealed that he was disciplined for two matters. He employed former Idaho colleague Ed Sansom as a district principal before Sansom had obtained an Oregon administrative certificate.

He also allowed an uncertified teacher, Anthony Cherry, hired by Harrell’s predecessor, to continue teaching a middle school video and drama class at Central Linn Middle School. Cherry was later convicted of child sexual abuse.
Ha ha. DG, CL, watch out. I'd homeschool my kids if I lived in that district. Well, if I had kids that is.

R

RedOctober

Hmm...

I've seen our cats licking each others wounds after a fight..
Normal social behaviour. :D

Ummm...that's just wierd. And inappropriate for a freaking SCHOOL. Here, let me lick your hand.....

Who the fuck does that?

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
WTF? This happened in my state?

See, Oregonians aren't all rednecks. Apparently there's some vampires too.

Seriously though, that is just wrong.

R

RedOctober

CopyLifted said:
WTF? This happened in my state?

See, Oregonians aren't all rednecks. Apparently there's some vampires too.

Seriously though, that is just wrong.
Hmmm...
I understood Rednecks were bloodsuckers.. :confused:

Slacker

Postaholic
I heard of this happaning a long time ago. But it is pretty nasty.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Why would the students allow that? WTF is wrong with them?

If my soccer couch try licking my wound, I would have kicked him and then ran as fast as I could. WTF? :confused: I don't get it!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
ChilianFuckFace said:
Why would the students allow that? WTF is wrong with them?

If my soccer couch try licking my wound, I would have kicked him and then ran as fast as I could. WTF? :confused: I don't get it!
Soccer? Did you have to change outdoors? The kids at my high school in Illinois did. Poor bastards had to strip to their boxers outside while everyone was leaving school.

wootness

Banned - What an Asshat!
That Teacher Needs A Round House To The Head! And A Brick Dropped On His Head From Ten Stories High!

magnolia

Postaholic
This is just wrong. When I started at the daycare I had like a 1.5" booklet on blood bourne pathogens and illnesses that I had to read and then take a test on before I could even put a band aid on a kid. Why someone would feel compelled to LICK A WOUND is beyond me. They must not have gotten the memo that blood is sick and should not be injested.(SP)