WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Last post wins!

CoprophagousCop

Old and bold and doesn't do what he's told.
Premium
@CoprophagousCop WTF caused you to make your title "Stamp out narcissism"?
I changed it to "Stomp out narcissism" now.

Anyway, I had been watching a bunch of news stories lately of how Donald Trump doctored a weather map with a marker to double down on the mistake he made when he tweeted that Alabama would be hit by Hurricane Dorian. (He was going off forecasts that were already a few days old at that time.) Trump is such a narcissist that instead of just admitting he made a simple mistake and moving on, he tries to alter reality to fit his mistake. (Remember "Tim Apple".)

Narcissism is a cancer in our society and with Donald Trump as a "role model", it is spreading. To stymie its effect, we should be calling people out when they engage in narcissistic behavior. We should be shaming these people. In the past I have had to endure retaliation for simply disagreeing with coworkers, my older brother, and even my grade school principal (who was a nun, by the way). Now I know these people were narcissists. The silver lining to Trump's presidency is that I have learned to recognize narcissistic behavior for what it is and I am no longer going to allow myself to be a victim of its oppression. Narcissists have a personality / mental disorder. They need to change their behavior and attitude towards others. Join me in defeating this rising disease on our society. :twocents:

(Also, I win.)
(Now that I think of it, isn't this thread a bit of narcissism? .. OK, I sometimes win. )

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
@CoprophagousCop I do agree with you, but isn’t being narcissistic and having narcissism a bit different? Everyone can be a bit narcissistic now and then, as you said this is a “narcissistic “ thread, then again are we misusing the word and making the word less impactful? A full blown narcissist (like trump) will most likely never change. Why would they?they can do nothing wrong. Like their prayer goes
That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.
Noone wins.

CoprophagousCop

Old and bold and doesn't do what he's told.
Premium
This thread is a bit narcissistic, but we all know that it is just a joke. This thread actually mocks narcissists in a way. Sure, we can be a little too full of ourselves at some times and that does not make us narcissists, but our narcissistic behavior should still be called out since it could lead to the perpetuation of mistakes.

No one wins.
/thread :happysad:

• 1Like
Reactions: Stardust