WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

LCD vs Plasma

Which is better, LCD HDTV or a Plasma HDTV?

• LCD

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Plasma

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • This is a stupid poll!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I recently bought a 42" Plasma HDTV and wanted to know whether people prefer a LCD over a Plasma or vica versa. My friend and I bicker back and forth which is better and I stand by the Plasma. Is a LCD better then a Plasma???

LCD is better.. because you didnt buy it.. and now you want it

Jung

???
Premium
FuhkFace said:
I recently bought a 42" Plasma HDTV and wanted to know whether people prefer a LCD over a Plasma or vica versa. My friend and I bicker back and forth which is better and I stand by the Plasma. Is a LCD better then a Plasma???
LCDs have clearer pictures and win in almost every category. LCDs last a lot longer, they're less fragile, they give a brighter picture, they're more energy effecient, they don't require "burning in" and their contrast ratio is much better.

I own a 42" HDTV LCD and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm really happy that I did research and didn't waste my money on a plasma. You should google "lcd vs plasma", with out the quotes, and do a bit of research.

I'm not saying that plasma TVs are crap, but LCD is definately a better investment, in all aspects.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Plasma burn out real easy.......Hot plasma

none

you should buy a lcd and sell me your plasma for half off..

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
too much costly preventative maintenance from what I have heard from family members with the plasmas...

Odd how consumer reports rates the Plasma as a 9 and a half compared to the LCD which is only rated a 6!!! Hmmmm Ya I think I'll take the word of Consumer reports. Plus Plasma is way better picture, LCD only carries 720i compared to the Plasma at a whopping 1080i. Not to mention the progressive scan feature. Do your homework???? Man I've studied these stupid TV's so much I could prolly build one. BUT ur right Plasma requires more maintenece then a LCD but thats why you don't buy a plasma UNLESS you got a good 4 year warranty!

Plasma displays get the nod here because of their excellent performance with fast-moving images, high contrast levels, color saturation, and overall brightness.

While the "response time" of LCD TVs has markedly improved in the last couple of years, they still suffer from a slight "trailer" effect, where the individual pixels are just slightly out of step with the image on the screen.