LCD vs Plasma

Which is better, LCD HDTV or a Plasma HDTV?

• LCD

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Plasma

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • This is a stupid poll!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FuhkFace

Hoodrat
I recently bought a 42" Plasma HDTV and wanted to know whether people prefer a LCD over a Plasma or vica versa. My friend and I bicker back and forth which is better and I stand by the Plasma. Is a LCD better then a Plasma???

Jung

???
Premium
FuhkFace said:
I recently bought a 42" Plasma HDTV and wanted to know whether people prefer a LCD over a Plasma or vica versa. My friend and I bicker back and forth which is better and I stand by the Plasma. Is a LCD better then a Plasma???
LCDs have clearer pictures and win in almost every category. LCDs last a lot longer, they're less fragile, they give a brighter picture, they're more energy effecient, they don't require "burning in" and their contrast ratio is much better.

I own a 42" HDTV LCD and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm really happy that I did research and didn't waste my money on a plasma. You should google "lcd vs plasma", with out the quotes, and do a bit of research.

I'm not saying that plasma TVs are crap, but LCD is definately a better investment, in all aspects.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
too much costly preventative maintenance from what I have heard from family members with the plasmas...

FuhkFace

Hoodrat
Odd how consumer reports rates the Plasma as a 9 and a half compared to the LCD which is only rated a 6!!! Hmmmm Ya I think I'll take the word of Consumer reports. Plus Plasma is way better picture, LCD only carries 720i compared to the Plasma at a whopping 1080i. Not to mention the progressive scan feature. Do your homework???? Man I've studied these stupid TV's so much I could prolly build one. BUT ur right Plasma requires more maintenece then a LCD but thats why you don't buy a plasma UNLESS you got a good 4 year warranty!

FuhkFace

Hoodrat
Plasma displays get the nod here because of their excellent performance with fast-moving images, high contrast levels, color saturation, and overall brightness.

While the "response time" of LCD TVs has markedly improved in the last couple of years, they still suffer from a slight "trailer" effect, where the individual pixels are just slightly out of step with the image on the screen.