WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Lebron V.S M.J

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
Lebron is a lot better then Jordon was at his age but who do you guys think will be the better player when its all said and done? Its really hatd but i will say Lebron becouse he has already proven hes one of the best players int he NBA;World and hes 19 at 19 M.J was a good college player not a amazing NBA player.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
back when MJ (not Jackson) was that age it was very rare that someone would make the jump straight to the NBA... some players take longer to develop.. age to age... Lebron is better... however.. he still hasn't proven much in the NBA yet.... he may just become another everyday player... hasn't proven that he has any staying power.... he may blow out his hip (ala Bo Jackson) and never play at the same caliber again... Way too premature to compare him with Michael Jordan.. now... Kobe ... you could start makin comparisons... with all his championships and individual honors...

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
kobe is talented but hes been in the nba a long time and he has not been at thre mj level , how long will "potentail" be used on him? until hes 40?

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Lebron is hype like Kobe; he'll eventually become a greedy businessman who sells out and ruins a great team (much like this year's 04-05 Lakers).

The problem with the NBA and many professional sports is that they shift talent and business around to make them look like the same thing.

Players like Tim Duncan throw up 30 points an night without national recognition (and yes, Im from San Antonio and I'm a Spurs fan...so you can understand where I'm coming from). It's all about image nowadays. In the days of Jordan and his early career, he didn't have a really great squad until the early 1990s. The smart decision that Jordan made with his team is that he was offered millions of dollars to go other places but he stayed where he was for the glory, not for the salary. Much like Kobe and Shaq, Lebron will probably decide to fuck (pun intended) his career over and simply go with whoever is offering him more money or who he can control. The media has already made him out to be this amazing player, and he isn't nearly as good as they say. This goes to a player's head. Kobe stated in a 2003 press conference that it "was either [Shaq] or him" that was going to lead the team. You start developing this idea that you're the best and you need no help.

A great example of why this doesn't work: The Jazz beat LA the other night by 25 points despite Kobe scoring half the Lakers points.

I think much of this has to do with a player's class, which I think gains the player more respect in the long run.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
im in minnesota tim duncan is a household name that is always talked ont he local radio shows and sometimes is labelled as "no media coverage" by the local radio stations , eh if all the way in minneosta local radio they are talking Tim Duncan that does not mean hes never geting hype , before last year kg got NO respect fromt he media.

Janglenut

Particinator
Lebron will never be close to Michael Jordan, he is just another hyped up young player who is too dumb to get the grades needed to play in college..

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I respect K.G., but I dislike him. He cannot shut his mouth.

Duncan, though, I both respect and immensely like. Don't even try to call him under the radar... every basketball person knows who he is.

Lebron, I have been more and more impressed with. I didn't buy into the hype, I had (and still have) high hopes for Darko Milicic. But he has shown himself to be a Michael Jordan in the making. Did you watch him pass to Z., a center, beyond the three point line, so his teammate could take the shot for the win? That's the mark of a team player. He passed to the most unlikely teammate, and beleived in him, because he was open.

Lebron James has earned every ounce of the respect I give him. I'd have him on my team over Kobe Bryant any day. M.J., I think, was overrated. I always preferred Hakeem Olajuwan (picked over Jordan in the 1984 draft).

Edit:// Way to raise yourself up a few notches on the "stupid" scale, Janglenuts.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
My point is that Tim Duncan isnt signing contracts for 90 million dollars with Nike, and he's a MUCH more solid player.

Theres a reason why everyone who plays with San Antonio always has good things to say about the team, and Duncan's the supporting factor.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Duncan does, however, have a horrendously ugly shoe.

I agree with you that he's not all hyped-up, he is not a flashy player by any stretch of the word. He goes out and slogs, plays hard-nosed defense, and gets it done with old-school work ethic.

He's a more solid player, but I'm not sure he's a better player. LeBron is still very, very young. Duncan has had time to play a while. Let's let King James get a few seasons under his belt before we get too carried away.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Let's let King James get a few seasons under his belt before we get too carried away.

Lebron needs more seasons under his belt before he can even sniff MJ's Jock...

we aren't comparing Rothlisberger (sp) to Marino/Farve/Aikman/Elway yet are we.. rookies need to prove themselves for more than one season...

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
fuck the errors on this site are coming back for me , i have to post ont his thread in order to see the new posts and sometimes i go to a website called registerx.net when i type wtf.com.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
New England gave up on bledsow after 1 year of brady , but they really did not have a choice did they?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
bledsow after 1 year of brady , but they really did not have a choice did they?
yeah.. they coulda benched the Superbowl MVP... and paid both of them... Bledsoe was aging... they figured they better offload him.. and get something in return... before he is too old for another team to touch..

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
NoSubstance said:
Duncan does, however, have a horrendously ugly shoe.
lol, who cares? if it fits, then wear it. a nice looking shoe doesnt help him average 24 points a game.

Spurs beat Knicks. 5-1...off to a good start.

baconbits

Fresh Meat
Overrated

Remember that Carmelo Anthony guy??? How the mighty have fallen. I can't believe people were actually mentioning him and Lebron in the same sentence.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
baconbits said:
Remember that Carmelo Anthony guy??? How the mighty have fallen. I can't believe people were actually mentioning him and Lebron in the same sentence.
You mean Carmelo Anthony who scored 30 points last night? Carmelo Anthony who has proven, by every stretch of the mind, that he belongs in the NBA? The Carmelo Anthony that was selected to the U.S. Olympic basketball team, the Carmelo Anthony that has shown every sign of being an all-star in the near future?

Oh yeah, that guy. I remember. Fucking tool.

Edit:// Oh, and I think it's fairly telling. Carmelo made the playoffs, Lebron didn't. Both took over dismal teams.

LiberatioN said:
lol, who cares? if it fits, then wear it. a nice looking shoe doesnt help him average 24 points a game.

Spurs beat Knicks. 5-1...off to a good start.
I cares. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to projectile vomit every time I look at my feet. :thumbsup:

The Spurs are off to a great start, but at the top of their game is Seattle. 8-1, the best record in the NBA. Fuckin' sweet.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Jordon was great because he made everyone around him great. Jorden was the best, not because of what he did with a ball, but what he did when he did'nt have the ball.
What I have seen from Lebron, I have liked, but he he needs 4-5 years before he becomes seasoned.
Kobe is a punk, and this year, everyone will see how worthless he really is now that he does'nt have shaq to carry his ass.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
watching kg evrey time theres a game for 3 years i know the things he does for the players around him he made wally world a allstar he helped cassel make his first all star hes the best pf of all time.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
fuck_you said:
watching kg evrey time theres a game for 3 years i know the things he does for the players around him he made wally world a allstar he helped cassel make his first all star hes the best pf of all time.
Werd ... KG is probably the best player in the league right now