WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Left Out

Wahhhhhhhhh........I'm gonna whine a little bit.

Here's the story:

My family doesn't seem to have any interest in going that extra mile or two to include me in anything. Granted, during my teen years I didn't give a shit about that kind of stuff.........they know I care now.

My brother and his kids come over for dinner every Wednesday. I normally have Sundays and Mondays off. Well, a couple weeks ago I finally had a Wednesday off. I was really excited. My mom knew I was really looking forward to seeing them. What do they do? They all decide have dinner on Tuesday, when I had to work! :mad: And it's not like I can stop over their house on my days off cause they're practically never home or they don't answer the phone when I call to set something up.

Now, my sister-in-law is pregnant, and is due Aug. 1, two days before my youngest nephews birthday. Well........as usual, everyone waited til the last minute to plan anything, and decided to have his birthday party on the 13th--and I have to work. Everyone knows I need to know about these things in advance so I can request the day off. GAR that makes me so mad! It's like I don't even count. One time, maybe a month ago I was sitting on the deck with my nephews. My dad came outside. He had three grapes. He gave one each to my nephews then turned and gave the third TO THE F-IN DOG!! Not that I really care about a grape, but damn! Now I know where I rank in this so-called family! :mfinger:

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
awwww sweetheart... i want to come over and give you a huge ass hug and maybe a grope but thats besides the point. i know exactly how you feel. my father started a new family and i go over there sometimes. oneday he decides to tell me he is naming his boat star. s(samantha) t(taylor) a(alexandra) and r(rebecca or robert because my stepmother is pregenant YET AGAIN) then he turns around to me and says sorry jessie you were cut. WTF! FUCK YOU DAD! YOUR THE ONE CUT!

the point is. i totally understand how that is. you can talk to them though.. tell them how you feel. maybe they will make a point to accomodate you a bit more. feel better <3

icka said:
my father started a new family and i go over there sometimes. oneday he decides to tell me he is naming his boat star. s(samantha) t(taylor) a(alexandra) and r(rebecca or robert because my stepmother is pregenant YET AGAIN) then he turns around to me and says sorry jessie you were cut.
Man, icka. That's really shitty! Sorry to hear that.

magnolia

Postaholic
aww, :hug2: for the both of you guys. That really sucks. Icka, that super sucks cuz u're older, so if anything the one who is yet to be born should have been cut. I dunno.

And Z, the whole planning thing, I know how you feel. My whole family decided to go to the movie while I was working and then they also decided to go out to dinner. We NEVER EVER EVER do ANYTHING as a family. So I was super pissed. And about the grape thing, who in their right mind only takes 3 grapes? And aparently ur dad doesn't know that grapes are toxic to dogs?

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Black Sheep Syndrome.....I know how it feels. I've never been included in any family things unless we were going to visit relatives, then we pretended we were a big happy family. I left home at a young age because of it and have had a hard life ever since but I have made some very good friends along the way that I call family now. And I actually like spending time with them!!! When you get older things will get better, just hang in there.

Duplic8ed

**Eat it**
I am a bit in the same boat. My mom has MPD..(multiple personality disorder) so I wanted to get out as soon as possible. After I moved she wouldn't talk to me. and still hasn't for two years now... I moved in with my father (which was a bad decision) but he is an alcoholic (who pissed in my gene pool eh?) So now that I'm moving to Dallas , he won't speak to me either. its a terrible mess when your family doesn't acknowledge you. Sometimes I feel left out... but I know its for the best. I will be better off in a way. But there are still those feelings of wanting to go to one of them for guidance..and I can't. I just try to be positive about things. I miss them and I still love them. But it has to be from a distance.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I never get to do anything. Everyone always plans something and I work 9-9 monday thru saturday. work sucks. So, I feel ya guys.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
Duplic8ed said:
I am a bit in the same boat. My mom has MPD..(multiple personality disorder) so I wanted to get out as soon as possible. After I moved she wouldn't talk to me. and still hasn't for two years now... I moved in with my father (which was a bad decision) but he is an alcoholic (who pissed in my gene pool eh?) So now that I'm moving to Dallas , he won't speak to me either. its a terrible mess when your family doesn't acknowledge you. Sometimes I feel left out... but I know its for the best. I will be better off in a way. But there are still those feelings of wanting to go to one of them for guidance..and I can't. I just try to be positive about things. I miss them and I still love them. But it has to be from a distance.
my sister is a certified social worker and going for her doctoret now. she told me MPD is not diagnosed as Multiple personality disorder and it really doesnt exist. bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia cover the aspects of multiple personality disorder. just what she told me. when you said that its what i thought of. possibly off topic a bit but oh well.

zoloftcasserole said:
Wahhhhhhhhh........I'm gonna whine a little bit.

Here's the story:

My family doesn't seem to have any interest in going that extra mile or two to include me in anything. Granted, during my teen years I didn't give a shit about that kind of stuff.........they know I care now.

My brother and his kids come over for dinner every Wednesday. I normally have Sundays and Mondays off. Well, a couple weeks ago I finally had a Wednesday off. I was really excited. My mom knew I was really looking forward to seeing them. What do they do? They all decide have dinner on Tuesday, when I had to work! :mad: And it's not like I can stop over their house on my days off cause they're practically never home or they don't answer the phone when I call to set something up.

Now, my sister-in-law is pregnant, and is due Aug. 1, two days before my youngest nephews birthday. Well........as usual, everyone waited til the last minute to plan anything, and decided to have his birthday party on the 13th--and I have to work. Everyone knows I need to know about these things in advance so I can request the day off. GAR that makes me so mad! It's like I don't even count. One time, maybe a month ago I was sitting on the deck with my nephews. My dad came outside. He had three grapes. He gave one each to my nephews then turned and gave the third TO THE F-IN DOG!! Not that I really care about a grape, but damn! Now I know where I rank in this so-called family! :mfinger:
I dont have anything smart or wise to say, but I can say that that really sucks, and I hope it gets better..

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Zoloft, the stories almost sound like they're going out of their way to avoid you. Seems like something you should be direct about. Ask them what the fuck's going on.

Slacker

Postaholic
Sounds like my family. I would go into more detail but i too tired.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
Linksy said:
Sounds like my family. I would go into more detail but i too tired.
then why bother post at all?

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
Nailbomb said:
Zoloft, the stories almost sound like they're going out of their way to avoid you. Seems like something you should be direct about. Ask them what the fuck's going on.
I agree, if you haven't had the chance to bring the issue to the family then they'll keep on stepping all over you. It's horrible that they do that especially if you actually want to be there. I'm the opposite, my family is filled with a bunch of back talking fake people, I hate to go to any events because they just take their time to harass me.

Well, not too long after I posted this I got into a fight with my mom over the phone while I was at work. It was AWFUL.

However, things are worked out now. The party was moved to a day I don't have to work (not cause of me, though). We came to an understanding, and I think it's gonna be okay.

Thanks, guys......and gals. :)

Slacker

Postaholic
O.k. it sounds like my family because my step-mom allready had kids of her own and they are 25 and shit but any ways one of her kids had three babies and we ended up taken care of two of them. We've been taking care of one for 8-years as a foster parent. And another for 3-years. And my step-mom always pays attention to them and i am left out. See she wants my dad to adopt them but she won't adopt me.