WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

LEGO - The online multiplayer game

Jung

???
Premium
www.ageoftime.com/blockland

I've been playing this for about a week now. It's basically just an online version of LEGO; you get to build and destroy structures with others online. I didn't think it would be fun at first, but I decided to give it a shot. It's actually pretty fun, I even got my girlfriend playing with us in the SA server.

We should start a WTF server, if anyone's interested. I think it'd be a fun idea.

Here are some screenshots from our server.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
thats awesome! im downloading it right now.

edit: what is the IP/hostname of your server? (include pw if necessary)

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
thats awesome! im downloading it right now.

edit: what is the IP/hostname of your server? (include pw if necessary)
71.8.107.200 - It should show up in the room list as WTF.com

No pass as of now, unless I get a bunch of random idiots in there. This is just a server I'm running from my house though.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
sigh* i was afraid of this. i'm getting weird render errors from my video card again...i need to replace it. i think it's a heat issue...but ill save the discussion for another thread. i'll get back with you guys soon.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
junglizm said:

No pass as of now, unless I get a bunch of random idiots in there. This is just a server I'm running from my house though.
it's not like you need a dedicated server where bandwidth is crucial...lol...it's not Far Cry or Doom 3 or something.

I'll probably be on sometime this week.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hey Junglism, is this something that my kid could play or is it all online with chatting and shit? I dont let him play live on the net because....well....look around HERE....LOL

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Looks like fun. If it doesn't kill my Dell, I'm all over it.

ferengi

Yay fire!
My system specs aren't good enough for it. :(
I only have 256 MB of RAM.

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
Hey Junglism, is this something that my kid could play or is it all online with chatting and shit? I dont let him play live on the net because....well....look around HERE....LOL
Well, like any online game, it really just depends on the people in the server. The game isn't bad per se, but the language the others players use can get offensive.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
junglizm said:

where is it? i don't see any

Jung

???
Premium
It's down while I'm doing some stuff for work. I'll probably put it back up tomorrow.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm playing around, it's fun. Great find, Junglizm.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
looks like a lot of fun... i'll have to check it out

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Well, like any online game, it really just depends on the people in the server. The game isn't bad per se, but the language the others players use can get offensive.
Yeah, thats the problem. there are so many cool online games i would love for him to play, but to many assholes on the internet which makes it hard....

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
Yeah, thats the problem. there are so many cool online games i would love for him to play, but to many assholes on the internet which makes it hard....
I think the official BlockLand servers are modded pretty well. You might want to try those yourself, just to see.

Its very fun and I can't stop playing it. I can't resist the urge to build higher and higher :smash:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
You can run a server from your own pc AND be on it at the same time quite easily. Just make sure your router is configured correctly and that you have adequate bandwidth to host up to about 4-5 people.

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
You can run a server from your own pc AND be on it at the same time quite easily. Just make sure your router is configured correctly and that you have adequate bandwidth to host up to about 4-5 people.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but I was doing something important and all the windows were annoying me. Nobody even joined the server anyway, not a single person.