WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Let’s Purchase Greenland

ib4

Error
Staff
Please, in all seriousness, keep the pro/anti-Trump rhetoric out of this. Make it specifically about the topic. Please honestly separate your discontent or love for Trump from the honest thought of this extreme idea.With the exception of this one Trump introductory sentence:

When I first heard about it, of course I had the chuckles. It’s a Trump thing right? Of course this guy wants to buy a country...

I honestly want to know why someone would be so annoyed by this idea? I also want to know what you think about it? We aren’t Russia forcefully annexing a piece of real estate next to us. The man with the mango tan is floating a beneficial idea that would also help Denmark out with their apparent financial stresses of owning Greenland themselves. While I personally prefer the America that maintains what we already have; the America that doesn’t instigate war in countries and stick Americas nose where it doesn’t belong; the America that doesn’t keep sending out missions for its background agenda; the thought of expanding towards the Arctic is a pretty cool idea.

There aren’t a ton of benefits to this that make it a thing where everyone is like, FUCK YEA LETS DO IT! But the few benefits available, are rich benefits.

The biggest benefit I’m into is that it further expands our geopolitical position in defending ourselves (air/ground) for the many years to come. I’m not interested in presidents or ideals when it comes to the thought of my daughter and her kids and other people in our country being safe one day. I understand we are a powerful country, a large country, an abled country, where we most likely may never again face any kind of major ground intrusion. But who knows! You cant predict what’s going to happen in the future with the human condition. No matter what you try to argue, no matter how bad you want America to stop expanding into the world, there will always be someone on this planet who stirs things up, wants to push the boundaries, stir hate, launch attacks etc. we are humans, all those behaviors come no matter what, simple expanding your ability to follow your natural extinct to out survive others is OK.

Expanding to Greenland really is a cool idea. Maybe the added defense postures could help us stay home instead of feeling the need to go cause problems else where.(I know that’s a reach, but it’s possible). Why keep crawling into areas to spread democracy or the American Agenda anymore when we truly do have access to a large chunk of the globe? I would say the resources are a major pro, but I don’t want to expand to a beautiful land just to gut it. If this was a true possibility, the absolute last thing I’d want to happen is see the place gutted.

Why not expand to a new area? We are one of the largest, most powerful, most influential countries On the planet. Despite what you think about America’s current state, we still are the country who keeps pushing the line a little more towards existing freely as a human being despite racial, religious, political restrictions etc. Despite our own problems here at home, our efforts to fight any form of oppression motivates other areas of the world. Democracy may have a lot of pitfalls, but it has given us the ability to keep getting louder and keep breaking this barrier of people being ruled by their government in all aspects. Sure it’s far from perfect and there’s a lot of problems to still workout, but we are major drivers on this planet of making those things better, why not keep expanding our reach and influence (I mean in The good ways) to enhance the possibility of keep the whole globe moving forward in that way? Sure it’s just a land purchase, but presence has a lot of impact on all these various things I’ve mentioned.

I don’t know, tell me what you think. Teach me something I may not know. Tell me that you like the idea too! I don’t care let’s hear it! There are some really interesting minds here. I’ve learned a lot from many of you since I arrived in 2014. Let’s chat!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Crazizniac

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
While I personally prefer the America that maintains what we already have; the America that doesn’t instigate war in countries and stick Americas nose where it doesn’t belong; the America that doesn’t keep sending out missions for its background agenda;
Didn't Trump want to start another war overseas?

ib4

Error
Staff
Didn't Trump want to start another war overseas?
What does that have to do with me saying “what I personally prefer” ? Don’t intertwine what I’m saying from my thoughts and preferences with whatever you’re itching to discuss about your favorite president. Care to provide a response to the topic though? 🙃

He likely thought it would be perfect for Golf courses.
🤣 I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s looking for a new Marasluggo location. Expand and go bankrupt, you know the cycle.

No thoughts @BRiT ? I usually look forward to your input. There’s plenty of space for burials upcoming there you know?

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
What does that have to do with me saying “what I personally prefer” ? Don’t intertwine what I’m saying from my thoughts and preferences with whatever you’re itching to discuss about your favorite president. Care to provide a response to the topic though? 🙃
I don't care for Trump. Don't know why you are assuming I do.

I don't see how buying another country is going to do anything about making America a peaceful country, since it still wants to go to war with people.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
It even wants to go to war with it's own territories, like Puerto Rico, where the President says they shouldn't rely on the US when recovering from severe natural disasters.

Crazizniac

Postaholic
Premium
The U.S. could only fuck Greenland up. Better served would be a concerted effort to embrace every single man, woman and child of Mexico, Central and South Americas and Canada. Spread wealth and health throughout those lands and turn as a united front to Fuckingchina not "China" it's "Fuckingchina" with our middle finger in the air and order them to set their people free to pursue and enjoy the prosperity that is the Estados Unidos De America.

No choices given, aircraft carriers on berserk, jets fueled, rockets fueling, guns loaded. Every citizen finally sick of the oppression of that realm ready to die to free those poor human beings from the bondage they have labored under since before the mongol hordes even thought of riding west to the Atlantic.

And after that telling that fucking faggot Putin to commit Sepuku. Again no talk, no summit, no debate. Let's be a world people. Greenland? Really? What in the hell are you people even on this for. The nuclear clock has been ticking long enough. Let's cure humanity!

• 1Like
Reactions: ib4

Crazizniac

Postaholic
Premium
Besides, didn't Walter Mitty get in a shark fight in Greenland? Learn something from his mistakes.

• 1LOL

TooSmartGuile

Tenderony
There are so many areas of our country that are quickly in need of repair. If we're going to spend money on more land, we may as well spend it taking care of the land we have. California, for example. I just saw Paul Joseph Watson's latest video about Los Angeles, where homelessness and the freaking plague are on the rise. It's a microcosm of the dire situations our country is in.

We don't need Greenland, and I don't want Greenland. I want to heal this country and heal its people.

• 11UP!
  • 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: ib4, BRiT and Crazizniac

CoprophagousCop

Stomp out narcissism!
Premium
While I applaud the idea of obtaining new territory peacefully, the United States is so far in debt to China, it is laughable to even suggest it buying anything like this.

As an environmentalist I strongly believe Denmark is doing a better job at protecting Greenland than the current United States could ever do. Besides having more military bases close to Russia, the main reason for buying Greenland is for the fossil fuel and other mining companies to ravish it. Donald Trump would benefit by building a large resort(s) there, something Mexico did not allow him to do. To get these billions of dollars of benefits for mining companies, the American taxpayers would have to pay billions and billions. This is yet, just another ploy to make the extremely wealthy in the United States even more wealthy while the vast majority of Americans would foot the bill.

ib4

Error
Staff
I don't care for Trump. Don't know why you are assuming I do.

I don't see how buying another country is going to do anything about making America a peaceful country, since it still wants to go to war with people.
Assuming? I thought it was incredibly clear around here that you were a MAGA-Trumpito fan...

Most of you all made very good points. One I especially like is focusing on fixing things at home. That one is forgotten all too easily. Another unfortunate reality is, if Trump were the one to do it, the island would definitely see a swift death by Trumps big business comrades.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Buying Greenland is laughable. Suspect timing aside, the talk could LITERALLY be about any other place on Earth and the pros and cons would be quite similar.

Pro: lol free army parking.
Con: boo ignored infrastructure and more stupid debt

• 1LOL