WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

lets make this interesting..

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#1
Okay, a while back on wtf, I mentioned that I had quit smoking pot, won't touch it, won't hang out with friends that do it, etc.
Well, its harder than it is to stay away from it, everywhere I go, people are smoking it. So I gave in,(I know it was stupid, but I don't fucking care) and smoked. Boy, was that enjoyable! I haven't felt that good in a while. I know I'm a hypocrit, but I don't fucking care, I'm going to do what makes me happy in my life, and there isn't a thing anyone can do about it either. :p
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#2
There ya go my brother. Smoke em some nice dro for me. Ill toke up for ya. :thumbsup: some day we'll be able to legalize marijuana and stop wasting time with crowding up our jails with petty crimes like possession and intent to sell.
 
100
0
0
#5
yeah, I'm against full-out potheadism, but I think an occasional toke isn't such a bad thing.
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#6
AnthemBoy7 said:
yeah, I'm against full-out potheadism, but I think an occasional toke isn't such a bad thing.
you wouldnt like half my friends then ol' chum. My buddy rob is on his 3rd school in a year and a half. Kicked out of the first 2 for smokin too much reefer. He is a full fledged smoke a 20 bag a day pot head. I don't know how he can afford it.
 

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
9,350
2,352
387
#7
The occational burning of the trees wont really hurt shit. But,there is a difference between controlling your habits,and the habits controlling you. Although,I wish I could at times be less responsible and smoke myself into a retard,and enjoy doing it. Sadly,I cannot. I value what I have way too much to chance it. (trust me) I do agree that weed is too much of a pissant drug for the government to worry of,though. Think of it;how many people die every year,(every day) from smoking fucking Marlboros and drinking alcohol,as opposed to puffing weed? I realize that at the moment,marijanna has very little medicinal properties to legalize it. (unlike Marlboros)

So,I would at this time,like to thank our Government for their better judgement in the matter.
You might as well outlaw sugar while you're at it.
If you don't think sugar is a drug,you obviously don't have young children.

Stupid shit.
 

Sektor

Particinator
662
0
0
#8
I've never heard of anyone dying from smoking weed, actually... and it's a profitable trade. Wonder why the government hasn't capitalized on it yet, like they do cigarettes.
 
100
0
0
#9
well, to make it perfectly legal, they would have to completely get rid of the current supply in private hands and put it into commercial hands to make it taxable, and really, do you think everyone are just going to hand over their dimebags now so they can pick it up at the local gas station in a few years?
 

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
9,350
2,352
387
#10
AnthemBoy7 said:
well, to make it perfectly legal, they would have to completely get rid of the current supply in private hands and put it into commercial hands to make it taxable, and really, do you think everyone are just going to hand over their dimebags now so they can pick it up at the local gas station in a few years?
In part,that's true. Really,you can still grow your own tobacco. You just can't LEGALLY sell it without taxation. I'm sure the Government at this moment is weighing out their chance of profits in the dope show.
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
281
118
#11
Smoking and doing drugs is fine, until you start using it as an excuse.

Examples:
My father being a deadbeat
Me flunking out of Junior High
Every failed relationship with an addict

If you can handle it, go for it.
 

Sektor

Particinator
662
0
0
#12
AnthemBoy7 said:
well, to make it perfectly legal, they would have to completely get rid of the current supply in private hands and put it into commercial hands to make it taxable, and really, do you think everyone are just going to hand over their dimebags now so they can pick it up at the local gas station in a few years?
Hmm, good point. And who wants to give up the extra dollars they make from selling it?
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
281
118
#13
An alternative is the goverment buying all the weed they can, and all the female cannabis plants they can.

Then they can just assume that in a couple months or so, it's all been smoked. After that, it's a matter of containing smuggling (although they can't seem to stop it when it's illegal either).
 
100
0
0
#14
yeah, but there's still private growers, the college kids with black lights in their closets and whatnot, I mean really, the cost of legalizing marijuania would be incredible, and in my opinion, more than the government really thinks it's worth.

So while it would be nice to see, it's probably not a realistic dream any time soon.
 

Fugly

Tenderony
524
0
0
#15
All fun and interesting....but ask yourself this....

Why do 99% of chemical dependancy specialist say they would rather treat 50 heroine addicts then one pot smoker?
 

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
9,350
2,352
387
#16
Icarus said:
Smoking and doing drugs is fine, until you start using it as an excuse.

Examples:
My father being a deadbeat
Me flunking out of Junior High
Every failed relationship with an addict

If you can handle it, go for it.
I don't mean to sound like I know all about drugs,but I think this is supposed to be common knowledge. Smoking any carcinogen won't really have much cause and effect on your life.(other than,it's poison to your body) Your actions do. Deadbeat dad;It's outta your hands. Being a flunkie;Blame that on your lack of interest of learning. You're good on the relationship failure though. I understand her point.

By all means blame it on smoking. It's no more harmfull than pork. Unless you're trying to fuck the pig...or your dealer.
 

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
9,730
4,263
387
#17
Fugly said:
All fun and interesting....but ask yourself this....

Why do 99% of chemical dependancy specialist say they would rather treat 50 heroine addicts then one pot smoker?
If that fact is even true...

Heroine addicts are physically addicted to that shit... they literally can't just quit.... they'll cease to live. A pot smoker on the other hand... he's prolly like addicted more psycologically than physically... when was the last time you saw a pot smoker all quivering and shit cause he hadn't had his daily dose of THC?
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
281
118
#18
gehtfuct said:
I don't mean to sound like I know all about drugs,but I think this is supposed to be common knowledge. Smoking any carcinogen won't really have much cause and effect on your life.(other than,it's poison to your body) Your actions do. Deadbeat dad;It's outta your hands. Being a flunkie;Blame that on your lack of interest of learning. You're good on the relationship failure though. I understand her point.

By all means blame it on smoking. It's no more harmfull than pork. Unless you're trying to fuck the pig...or your dealer.
I meant marijuana, not tobacco. I'm not saying that it has any effect (except while you're smoking), but when people use it as an excuse is when it gets out of hand. It's fine until you start blaming your problems on it.
 

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
216
3
78
#19
Marijuana. Mmm. I have a shitload hidden in my room right now. But I have a cold and don't want it at the moment. :(
 
100
0
0
#20
ok, well then let me ask you this lost, if the government knocked on your door and said "hey, we're not going to arrest you or anything, but ummm... can we have all your pot so that in a year or two you can buy it at wal-mart?" would you give it to them?

Assuming that they wouldn't arrest you, which brings up another point. Hypothetically, in trying to control the marijuania in order to legalize it, would they press charges against private owners?