WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Liberals survive non-confidence vote!

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Well, there will be no election (not yet anyways.) Our crook of a Prime Minister and his Liberal minority government managed to squeak by on the vote of non-confidence this afternoon.

In tribute, I've created the following:

http://Paul-Martin-Is-A-Crook.ytmnd.com

For those not in the know, our system of government allows a government to be defeated and therefore an election called if, in the House of Commons (our equivalent to Congress), on an important vote (in today's case, a vote on the budget bill introduced by the governing Liberal Party) the motion is defeated.

It doesn't happen very often, because usually there is a majority government (the governing party has more seats in the House than all other parties combined, thus making it VERY unlikely that any motion introduced would be defeated due to party discipline). But in this case, the Liberals hold a minority, where they have fewer seats than the other parties combined. In fact, I believe it came down to one vote today by an independent.

This whole thing came about because of the 'Sponsorship Scandal' which basically involved the ruling Liberal government awarding major advertising contracts to some corporations while hiding the source of the funds (in plain terms: MONEY LAUNDERING). Basically they broke all the rules in the book and wasted millions of dollars of our money.

Details are still coming out in the inquiry and things don't look good, but for now the government is safe.

Ahhh Politics. In the States, they'd be crucifying them. But no, not here. We're so used to fucked up politicians and poor handling of public funds it's going to take a lot more than this to force an election. In fact, despite what's come out, most Canadians don't even want an election right now!

Geez.

Cheers,

WTFN

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Oh sponsorships happen in the states and they don't crucify shit. I'm sure Halliburton gets all the contracts in Iraq. Other companies get lucrative contracts in exchange for party funding.

Anyways, I'm glad there's no elections, because the result would either be :

1- Liberals win a majority, wich would suck.
2- Conservatives win a majority, wich would suck even more.
3- Conservatives win a minority, wich would still suck.
4- Liberals win a minority again, wich is still better than a majority.

NPD could get more seats, but not more than conservatives or liberals. The green party looks like a good choice, but no one would ever vote for them except the youngsters. The population is fucking retarded.

If I ever see martin in the streets, I'm spitting in his fucking face.

WTFNation

RageAgainst said:
Oh sponsorships happen in the states and they don't crucify shit. I'm sure Halliburton gets all the contracts in Iraq. Other companies get lucrative contracts in exchange for party funding.

Anyways, I'm glad there's no elections, because the result would either be :

1- Liberals win a majority, wich would suck.
2- Conservatives win a majority, wich would suck even more.
3- Conservatives win a minority, wich would still suck.
4- Liberals win a minority again, wich is still better than a majority.

NPD could get more seats, but not more than conservatives or liberals. The green party looks like a good choice, but no one would ever vote for them except the youngsters. The population is fucking retarded.

If I ever see martin in the streets, I'm spitting in his fucking face.
That's all well and good, but did you like the ytmnd?
:p

Cheers,
WTFN

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
WTFNation said:
That's all well and good, but did you like the ytmnd?
:p

Cheers,
WTFN
lmfao I just checked it.. nice fucking sound! it's so lame that's it's hilarious :thumbsup: what does ytmnd mean anyways?

WTFNation

RageAgainst said:
lmfao I just checked it.. nice fucking sound! it's so lame that's it's hilarious :thumbsup: what does ytmnd mean anyways?
It all started with one site: YoureTheManNowDog.com

Then people started copying them so the original dude set up YTMND.COM for everyone to post there, free. Most of them are retarded, but some are pretty good. Check it out sometime. That sound is from The Price Is Right and is known on YTMND as the "Fails at Life" sound. It's probably in a couple thousand or so of the pages.

Have Fun,

WTFN