WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Life Beyond Our Solar System

Well, I'm looking for opinions to "open" my mind, and hopefully yours, upon the idea of extraterrestrials. Do they exist? Have we made contact? Are we infact extraterrestrials ourselves? If so what do YOU suppose thier objectives are? I'd really appreciate that the members of wtf who are just looking to flame to look else where. Well let the the opinions flow. T.I.L. :bomb:

Rebel89 said:
Well, I'm looking for opinions to "open" my mind, and hopefully yours, upon the idea of extraterrestrials. Do they exist? Have we made contact? Are we infact extraterrestrials ourselves? If so what do YOU suppose thier objectives are? I'd really appreciate that the members of wtf who are just looking to flame to look else where. Well let the the opinions flow. T.I.L. :bomb:
Well this is how i see it, yes theres life out there. We problaly have made contact with it in some sort of way. Who knows, one of us might be extraterrestrial and not realize it but i myself havent noticed anything out of the ordinary. Then again, we dont know the truth of what is actually above the skys we see, and what the government is hiding from us.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I want us to find Alf, that was a good alien. Fuzzy fucker, I miss him.

Blacksmith85 said:
Well this is how i see it, yes theres life out there. We problaly have made contact with it in some sort of way. Who knows, one of us might be and not realize it but i myself havent noticed anything out of the ordinary. Then again, we dont know the truth of what is actually above the skys we see, and what the government is hiding from us.
Well when I say extraterrestrials ourselves, I am refering to the theroy that our life may have been brought by a meteor that had impacted earth during the early development of the solar system. The meteor, in theroy, may have been carrying organic life. There fore when it had collided with earth, life forms(cells) that were preserved by the possible ice upon the meteror, may infact of spread upon the habitable land creating life.

Zoso

Zappafied
every star is a potenial sun, with a potential solar system... there are millions of galaxies with billions upon billions of stars in each. we exist because the rock we live on just so happens to be juuuuust enough distance from the sun, and just close enough to where everything works in harmony to create life, and support life. why wouldnt there be other rocks orbiting other suns with the same thing we have? yeah, im sure theres life out there, but i dont think they are the little green guys that are in movies. probably beings like us or slightly different.

tzedek

Original Member
bnccoder said:
I want us to find Alf, that was a good alien. Fuzzy fucker, I miss him.
:thumbsup: , but in all seriousness, just thinking how large the universe is its hard for me to believe that there isnt any life any where else. AS far as making contact and such I have no idea about that stuff. But im sure they are out there.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Zoso said:
every star is a potenial sun, with a potential solar system... there are millions of galaxies with billions upon billions of stars in each. we exist because the rock we live on just so happens to be juuuuust enough distance from the sun, and just close enough to where everything works in harmony to create life, and support life. why wouldnt there be other rocks orbiting other suns with the same thing we have? yeah, im sure theres life out there, but i dont think they are the little green guys that are in movies. probably beings like us or slightly different.
That is the most mature and probable opinion here, I agree 100% :thumbsup:

What would be fucked up is intelligent life, like us or smarter, but like.. in a reptilian body or something. The possibilities are endless.

Like maybe there's a planet with +50 temperatures and the life on it have cold blood, but still evolved into intelligent beings

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I personally feel there have been "visits" from aliens on earth, both in the past and in modern times. I feel there are some people in the know who have withheld evidence, and created the campaign to make anyone who talks about it feel like a moron. I also think they may have a good reason for keeping the lid on it like "Tell them and we'll blast you" or they are afraid of the upheaval of the religious folks, or some such. I have seen unidentified flying objects that defy normal explainations several times, with many different people. I'm certain that the earth is not the only life in the universe, simple math reduces the possibility to zero.

Who? Why? Where? These things are beyond my current knowledge. I hope one day they let us "in on it". That would be a good change imo.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
I do believe there's life out there somewhere... I mean, my god, in a universe 28-somewhat billion light years across, there's got to be another god forsaken rock out there facing the same crap we do. Now, my main question is would they be hostile, or hospitable...

They're likely to be extremely primitive, or extremely advanced, in comparison to us... That is to say, it's unlikely they're in the same technological time frame as us...

And it's likely they'll either be very hospitable, or very inhospitable... They'll either be seamlessly integrated in our society, or they'll look to genocide us and be homicidal and resource hungry... Kind of like some nations present on our world nowadays :p

I'm hoping we make contact with an extremely advanced, hospitable race... That way, we may actually get some kick ass gadgets :p

noodles

Flame Bait
just can't belive we are the only ones .

the universe is so freaking vast .i just can't see us being the only form of life. :ufo:

Indica

Necropedophile
yes. there are aliens out there. deal with it.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I don't think we have made contact. The closest star to the solar system is proxima, at 4.23 light-years and it's unlikely it has any life around it. Since nothing can travel at the speed of light until further notice, it would be extremely long for aliens to reach our planet (even at the speed of light it would take long, some galaxies are at millions-billions lightyears). So long, that it would probably take generations and generations and they would have to breed. So basically, inter-galactical contact is not possible IMO. intra-galactical contact might be possible, but unlikely. Besides, who the hell wants to meet the silly humans?

Okay, here's the deal life has been found on other planets in our own solar system. They were single cell bacteria and the like, but isn't that how our planet got started? This being said, I believe that their has to be other beings as intelligent as us out there. I have two reasons for said belief. With the universe being as big as it is and the fact that there are already signs of bacterial life there is no way we are alone in the universe. Secondly, for the religious folks, I was told about something that Jesus says by a hardcore Southern Baptist who reads the Bible every day. I don't know where to find it, but I'll be looking. She told me that Jesus says something about tending his "other flock" and then disappears from his apostles for a while. Now, granted the other flock could have been on Earth, but it was kind of a strange way for Jesus to put it isn't it? I mean, couldn't he have just said I have to take care of these people in such and such country?
I think something is out there beyond our galaxy. It would be selfish to think we are all alone.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
tiger_86 said:
Okay, here's the deal life has been found on other planets in our own solar system. They were single cell bacteria and the like, but isn't that how our planet got started? This being said, I believe that their has to be other beings as intelligent as us out there. I have two reasons for said belief. With the universe being as big as it is and the fact that there are already signs of bacterial life there is no way we are alone in the universe. Secondly, for the religious folks, I was told about something that Jesus says by a hardcore Southern Baptist who reads the Bible every day. I don't know where to find it, but I'll be looking. She told me that Jesus says something about tending his "other flock" and then disappears from his apostles for a while. Now, granted the other flock could have been on Earth, but it was kind of a strange way for Jesus to put it isn't it? I mean, couldn't he have just said I have to take care of these people in such and such country?
I think something is out there beyond our galaxy. It would be selfish to think we are all alone.
Actually.... They haven't found life on our solar system. They've found bacteria fossils on a meteor that came from mars. But the bots sent on Mars didn't find life. There's no life on our solar system, even if there is, it's on mars and it's bacteria.

About your second point, are you saying Jesus travelled from planet to planet? If so, wow. How about no.

I believe what I believe. Just because you think differently does not mean I'm wrong. I believe that if Jesus could perform miracles then he could travel to other planets without a problem. Believe as you like, Rage, I am only stating my beliefs.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
tiger_86 said:
I believe what I believe. Just because you think differently does not mean I'm wrong.
Just because I believe in santa claus doesn't mean I'm right. I don't want to sound arrogant here, but that just doesn't make sense. So you believe Jesus had superpowers because you've read it in the bible. Ok. If you'd find out that Jesus was just an ordinary man with extraordinary principles, that Mary was not a virgin, that Jesus had a wife and a kid, that he never made any "miracles" and that he wasn't more the son of God than you and me, would you still love him? What if the "super jesus" story was nothing but propaghanda.

If you believe in superjesus or santa claus that's fine, but please, don't become president one day.

Jung

???
Premium
WTF? How did a question about aliens turn into 'what would jesus do' and sunday school ramblings? :rolleyes:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
junglizm said:
WTF? How did a question about aliens turn into 'what would jesus do' and sunday school ramblings? :rolleyes:
It's the work of the aliens that have infiltrated our society. :aship: :yikes:

I also believe that logic simply dictates that there must be some other form of life on a planet/solar system other than here.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tiger_86 said:
Jesus was an alien human hybrid. The immaculate conception of Jesus, by Mary was done by means of artificial insemination. God is the leader of the mother ship. The wise men brought gifts of frankincense and Romulan ale. Ever notice Jesus and Yoda wear the same kind of clothes?

It’s all very clear to me now.