WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Life Cereal

rbutler_7

A Poster
Being a frequent shopper I notice things like downsizing and price inflation and I was particularly disturbed when i went to buy a box of Life cereal (my favorite cereal) and it was about the size of a snack pack box of cereal and If that was not enough to piss me off, it was also five dollars!! Also, recently microwave burritos went up! AAAAH! NOT MY BURRITO'S! They conveniently went "on sale" for $2.50 when that was the normal price! Do they think people don't notice?

Unforgiven

That Guy
then they come up with some bullshit excuse like "oh, it's inflation... high cost of living" whatever.

"Buy one box of cereal half off and geht a second for ONLY doulbe the original price."

bullfuckingshit

now i'm hungry

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I used to like Life cereal... but now it's just like real life... it sucks :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, they run the store, they have the right. However, doesn't mean you can't kill them all.

:thumbsup:

rbutler_7

A Poster
:popcorn: There is very few that I can eat. I like rasin bran, honey buches, and life just happens to be one of them.
and burritos rock!

Last edited by a moderator:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I like Marshmallow Mateys.

It's like Lucky Charms, except cheaper. Hooray for colleges that cost 30 grand a year!

rbutler_7

A Poster
Ya, unforgiven. you might want to consider "honey & nut", it comes in a much bigger bag and is half as cheap as cheerios!

Unforgiven

That Guy
rbutler_7 said:
Ya, unforgiven. you might want to consider "honey & nut", it comes in a much bigger bag and is half as cheap as cheerios!
i know...

when you buy cheerios, 63.592% of the price you pay is for that stupid dot on the I... you know... the dot that is a cheerio.
bullshit bastards

rbutler_7

A Poster
lmfao. Ya but what about the little shit on the life cereal box? I certainly don't buy that cereal so some little dude can get on the box. or do I? :ut-oh: ?

Unforgiven

That Guy
rbutler_7 said:
lmfao. Ya but what about the little shit on the life cereal box? I certainly don't buy that cereal so some little dude can get on the box. or do I? :ut-oh: ?
you probably do... 5 bucks CDN for a box of cereal, 3.50 goes to the fucking logo. it's the same with nike... or any big corporation... a lot of the money you spend goes to the logo.

rbutler_7

A Poster
ya, thats true. And you know that kid doesn't get any money he just won some god damn contest to look like a dumbass on a box! BAH HA HA

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
hahaha yea he did

i'm eating cheerios before i leave to work right now
down with cholesterol or whatever these things are suppose to do... :thumbsup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Another thing they pull is the old "Value size " scam. If you look at some of those items that are bigger and labled as value size. and break down how much you're paying per unit of measure, you may actually be paying more per ounce than if you bought the smaller size.
The idea is, they know you're going to realize that it's bigger therefore the price is higher. But they slip in a few cents extra, figuring you won't bother to do the price per unit of measure, calculation in your head.

yeah but we're smarter than that max. fuck those companies that try and scam us into paying more. we will make those companies corrupt max! we will make a new, bigger company! with your computer skills, otep's awesome music skills, maggies mod skills (+ shes a female so that helps a lot) and ...my showmanship...skills, we will take over the world! *crazy look*

extremepilot

Go jerk off or something
I hate cereal.
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
thats all I can say about life. FUCK. FUCK IT. FUCK THEM. FUCK LIFE.
Have a nice life :thumbsup:

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i know but its not only cereal thats doing that.. alot of icecreams are now comming in "not quite" gallon sizes... it makes me mad cuz they cost more then the gallon versons of the same thing that is sold by shaws.

Unforgiven

That Guy
MaxPower said:
Another thing they pull is the old "Value size " scam. If you look at some of those items that are bigger and labled as value size. and break down how much you're paying per unit of measure, you may actually be paying more per ounce than if you bought the smaller size.
The idea is, they know you're going to realize that it's bigger therefore the price is higher. But they slip in a few cents extra, figuring you won't bother to do the price per unit of measure, calculation in your head.
increase the size of the box... same ammount of cereal.

rbutler_7

A Poster
See, I guess the question is- is life cereal being more honest by making their box smaller or gypping us by making the box smaller AND putting less in?

either way your gonna get less cereal.