WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

life changing events

nexus

Hoodrat
What would you say is the one thing that has changed your life the most?
One of those life-changing events?
Or just telling your boss to go fuck him self?
For me it was when my mother got cancer and having to stare death in the face
I had really never tort of death and the affect that loosing my mum would have on me and my hole family and even my friends. It’s just not one of thos things that you ever think about..

So what is your story, what changed you life in some profound way. Changed it so that life as you new it would never be the same???

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
ok... heres the story, i know, its long:

it was a lil past my birthday and i went to the amusment park, with my dad and my cuzin, we had alot of fun, when we come back home, and my mother is crying, my dad asks y she is so upset, she doesnt answer, he asks again... yelling this time WATS THE MATTER. she tells him that his father had a heart attack infront of his house. my dad wasnt himself for about 6 months, about 7 months after the accident, my parents get into another fight, i already had a rough day at skool, with all these kids bothering me and shit, i was in one of my moods, saying that no body gave a shit about me, and if i was to die right there and then no one would even be upset or care that much. so, in a way i concidered suicide, at that moment, my grandpa spoke to me, telling me i had so much more to fullfill in my life, that it coundlnt end now, telling me I had a purpose.... till that day, ive never really been the same.

tzedek

Original Member
Unforgiven said:
being born

:troll: :owned2: my life changing event is getting a girlfriend that i actually love and she loves me too. not like the other whores i have been with before.

MetalHead

Clitpickle
A couple of years ago, 2002 to be exact, I lost 5 family members within a year. Ever since I have come to live for the moment. Live everyday like it's you last, someday you'll be right. Not always a good lesson but whatever. I have also come to cherish those that I am close to. Always a good lesson but whatever. Yes that year changed me forever and usually for the better.

Mr.Happy

Go And Die
when i lost the girl i loved... she died of a OD, after that i tried to commit suicide by jumping off the motel down the street but it only hurt alot

then i went into the mental hospital for about a year just thinking about her and i became mad at the world and hated everything that is happy and fun i ended up stabing a docter who was talking about how great his life is with some nurse with a broken toothbrush

about 2 weeks later some goth chick came in and started talking about how bad her life is because her boyfriend broke up with her. I got pissed because she didnt know what real know what real pain is so i showed her.. i must have broken her nose and probly made her blind in one eye..

after that incedent i was put in a little room with cusions on the walls and shit and i was sedidated about every three hours and i had alot of time to think about what i was doin and i realised that im not helping anything by beating down people who think differently then me..

so then i was released after about 5 months after i found out that beating on people isnt solveing my problems... im a much better man today

Having three relatives murdered in the span of two months. The day I found out about my Aunt and Grandmother I was leaving school and said, "This is the worst day of my life." Then my sister picked me up and told me what had happened. I still get kinda freaked out when I'm home alone.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Unforgiven said:
Wow.

Old thread. :happysad:
You can post in an old thread as long as you can bring something relevant to the table. As in posting something that has something to do with the topic.
WITH SOME CONTENT.

If you can do that, I wont want to bestow physical harm unto you. :hint:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
3 nights where i got charged with 2 counts of disorderly conduct and 1 count of vandalism. they got dropped though.

Descent

Hella Constipated
You can post in an old thread as long as you can bring something relevant to the table. As in posting something that has something to do with the topic.
WITH SOME CONTENT.

If you can do that, I wont want to bestow physical harm unto you. :hint:
Ignore the rules again, Descent. It'll take an unbelievable amount of rep for you to geht out of the cock farm.

Stop thread crapping.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Thank you Descent for that totally off topic out of line post, directly following gehtfuct's statement about making a relevant post. I'm sure everyone applauds you.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well..

I think its been pretty recently. I'm starting my senior year, grandmothers on both sides of the family being diagnosed with cancer(it was earlier in the year, so I've dealt). Getting a job, and then recently my boss got pregnant on accident. This is the one that really got close to me. We were talking one day and she said even though this happened on accident, shes so happy about it. She told me that she bought the cutest furniture and got the room all ready, and they were picking out names, you know, the happy pregnant couple stuff. About two days later I hear from my other boss that she had to go to the emergency room, and that she had a miscarriage. I heard that and I was so heartbroken for her. I think pretty much all of this summer has led to me growing up a little more. Life-changing, not in a dramatic way, but gradually.

Descent

Hella Constipated
MaxPower said:
Thank you Descent for that totally off topic out of line post, directly following gehtfuct's statement about making a relevant post. I'm sure everyone applauds you.
:)

I didn't even know he posted. I just don't like necroposters in general :).

[Sega zealotry edited for your sanity] Strike two in so little time? :rolleyes:
Wiz said:
3 nights where i got charged with 2 counts of disorderly conduct and 1 count of vandalism. they got dropped though.
My buddy got hit with that shit for pissing on a post office.

Now, the funny part is that the charges were MORE SEVERE because it was a GOVERNMENT BUILDING. I wonder what our founding fathers would have to say about that.

I was eight years old, and it was Christmas Eve (or extremely close to it) when my dad took me into the living room and told me that he and my stepmom of the time (whom I considered my mom) were getting a divorce. A year and a half later we (my dad and I) moved which altered my world even more. I was pretty angry for many years. I was angry at my father for yelling at my mom all the time and making her leave. I kept in contact with my mother, and together we reopened old wounds, and basically she kept me angry and lying to my father. One day my father caught me in a lie (that actually was mine not my mother through me) and talked to me about the importance of honesty. We actually had a deep conversation that lasted for hours, and he told me the truth about some things that I did not know, things about my mother that in my blind support of her I had not realized. It took me a few years for the full effects of what he told me to hit home, but I eventually realized that my stepmom had been a manipulative, vindictive bitch and had pulled me along by a string the entire time. Realizing that helped me to finally start healing. Now, I'm actually pretty laid back. It takes a lot for my family's trademark temper to kick in.

tiger_86 said:
...and talked to me about the importance of honesty. We actually had a deep conversation that lasted for hours, and he told me the truth about some things that I did not know, things about my mother that in my blind support of her I had not realized....
That's actually really cool that you two were able to work through like that. Lots of parents don't ever confide in their kids.

FlipTheState said:
That's actually really cool that you two were able to work through like that. Lots of parents don't ever confide in their kids.
My dad's never lied to me, which is one of the many things I'm very grateful to him for. With so many of the important people in my life lying to me one person who will always tell me the truth is a vast relief. Now, unfortunately, we don't talk like we used to for other reasons, but that's another ballgame.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Descent said:
I didn't even know he posted.
That right there is proof that you don't pay attention and that you intended to only shit on yet another thread. You know better, Descent. Keep the thread shitting in B&T. Even then, don't be careless.
Descent said:
I just don't like necroposters in general .
It's not up to you to judge that. That's why we have Moderators and Admins here. Necroposting is frowned on and is somewhat in a gray area. Nevertheless, if you can post something relevant to the topic, go ahead. If it is in fact necroposting, I'll make that call. If you can't contribute to the topic, don't post.

End of discussion.
Carry on.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Well my most life changing event is a long one but ill try to keep it short. I'n 2003 i joined the navy and shipped off to boot camp. For graduation, one of my aunts came to see me graduate, she had lung cancer, and she was told she had 3 months to live. It don't end there, one friend of mine drownd in his bathtub doing meth. Over chrismas, i couldn't go home, my aunt died, and I got chrismas pictures and hears exactly what one said on the back "the reason why grandmaws hair looks funny is cause she had breast canser and just got over kemo." Finaly i had watch on new years day, and after i was up for 36 hours, I get a phone call from my girlfriend telling me she just got raped. I was 1000 miles away, there was nothing i could do, i felt horibal. I couldn't hold her, i couldn't help her, nothing.

Since then, i haven't done anything with other people. This is the only thing i do to interact with people. And this is the first time i've been able to talk about it.