WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Life or Death Situation

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
I dont know what to do. My mom has been sick for the past few months. She has lost a lot of weight in one month, 145lb to 119lb. She has been to the doctor every week and they tell her that they dont know for sure what it is. Her stomach has been bothering her a lot. She got CT Scans and MRI's. She finnaly went to the emergency room again today and they found out that her pancreas is swollen. They said it could either be fluids in it or it could be cancer on her pancreas. We all fear that it is cancer though and wont know until Monday. I am scared because I dont want her to die and I have to go with her Monday to find out. I just dont know what to do on this. :confused:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If I were you, I'd just not change anything. Oscar Wilde said "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative," but it can be very comforting.

Best wishes to your mother.

Don't change anything in your lives until you get the results. Help your mom out and make sure she knows that your there for her. offer support and make sure she knows you love her. I hope she gets well and she will be in my prayers tonight.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
just pray...........all you can really do..........just hope for the best......i like your name

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
CuddleMuffin said:
I dont know what to do. My mom has been sick for the past few months. She has lost a lot of weight in one month, 145lb to 119lb. She has been to the doctor every week and they tell her that they dont know for sure what it is. Her stomach has been bothering her a lot. She got CT Scans and MRI's. She finnaly went to the emergency room again today and they found out that her pancreas is swollen. They said it could either be fluids in it or it could be cancer on her pancreas. We all fear that it is cancer though and wont know until Monday. I am scared because I dont want her to die and I have to go with her Monday to find out. I just dont know what to do on this. :confused:
i dont know what to say. but i hope she is aight

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
CuddleMuffin said:

I will be praying for your family also. Focus on what is within your control, like helping your mom around the house, and just letting her know that you love her and you will be there for her.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and just love each other right now. :)

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
G's-up said:
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and just love each other right now. :)
what she said

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'll give you my Atheist prayer...meaning that I wish you the best of luck.

I have been in a position like yours. Six months ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer...fortunately it was in the early stages and she has been cured. Originally my dad was freaked because before the biopsy results came in, it could be a calcium buildup or a tumor, so he went against my mom's wishes and talked to my brother and me about it. My mom didn't care though, she knew that my dad was scared for her and needed someone to talk to about it.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:

Now do you see how respectful people were to you in this thread? Nobody tried to correct your spelling they just offered you support. This is called class...... :)

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
G's-up said:
Now do you see how respectful people were to you in this thread? Nobody tried to correct your spelling they just offered you support. This is called class...... :)
Shut up and :mfinger: G's-up, I really dont care what you got to say.

G's-up

Postaholic
CuddleMuffin said:
Shut up and :mfinger: G's-up, I really dont care what you got to say.

Even after that wonderful display of class I still feel this way for you and your family.......

G's-up said:
~Peace~ :)