WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Lincoln Fry

ferengi

Yay fire!
So I'm sitting here watching the superbowl, and I see this McDonald's commercial with these people saying they found a fry that looks like Abraham Lincoln. They said they were putting it up for auction. So out of sheer curiosity, I checked it out.
WHAT
THE
HOLY
FUCK?????
CURRENT NUMBER OF BIDS: 155 BIDS!!!!!
CURRENT BID: $275,000.00
TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS...... FOR A FRENCH FRY!?!??!?! HOLY SHIT DUDE!!! WHAT KIND OF DUMBASS PAYS THAT MUCH FOR A FUCKING FRENCH FRY????
CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
you know how fucking depressing that is....that people would rather have a fried piece of novelty vegetable, than help some homeless people out. 275 grand is ridiculous....do you know how many starving africans you could feed with that amount of money....do you know how many starving AMERICANS you could feed with that. Why do I dislike people again....oh yea.

Jung

???
Premium
Things like this make me lose even more faith in humanity. People are just fucking stupid, there's no other reason for that.

:thumbsdn:

ferengi

Yay fire!
Ah... I just took a closer look at the description:
McDonald’s® “Lincoln Fry” – actual prop from TV
This auction is for one “Lincoln Fry” prop. Prop was created for DDB Chicago’s production of McDonald’s “Lincoln Fry” television and internet advertisements. This Lincoln Fry prop is crafted from polyurethane and stands approximately 4 inches tall. It forms a base at one end and a partial bust of President Abraham Lincoln at the other. “Lincoln Fry” is not edible.

Upon auction close, Buyer will be notified via email. Shipping cost to be paid by Seller. The final bid amount will be donated by Seller to Ronald McDonald House Charities®. Purchase by Buyer is not tax deductible. For more information about Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMCH®) and its three core programs – the Ronald McDonald House®, Ronald McDonald Family Room™ and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile™ – please visit www.rmhc.org.

Serious bidders only. If you have any questions, please ask before bidding. Payment is to be made within 7 days of auction close.
I guess as long as the money's going to a good cause it's okay.... but that's still a hell of a lot of money to pay for a french fry prop... and it's not even tax deductible, even though the money's going to charity! WTF?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Thats rediculaous. My friend told me the largest bid was over a trillion dollars. Something doesn't smell right.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I've got a sack of Fuckin' Taters that look like Mr.Potato Head....

...Nude. ;)

$5.00 each :thumbsup:

Limited time only
Offer only good as long as your stupidity lasts