WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Linux Horror Story...Part 2

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well well...Fedora seemed to install okay, but the fucking GRUB bootloader halts at stage 2. A Google turned up no results, so I'm just going to reinstall and hope for the best.

Jung

???
Premium
At this point, don't you begin to wonder why you're having so many problems?

Also, try editing the /etc/grub.conf or /boot/grub/grub.conf.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
See thats the thing that sucks about linux... ohh well good luck

Jung

???
Premium
swizeguy said:
See thats the thing that sucks about linux... ohh well good luck
Linux wasn't meant to hold your hand through everything, like Windows does. Linux was creaated, and meant for people who know what they're doing and need/want more from an OS than Windows can offer. Linux isn't for everyone.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Reinstalled about two hours ago...works fine now.

However, I'm having trouble installing the SRPMs for the Linux kernel (Google was no help). I need these so that I can install my WLAN adapter.

After I get that shit installed, it will be smooth sailing from there.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Bah! It tries to install, but it says "Cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES"

Funny thing is that I'm fucking running this under root.

tzedek

Original Member
i never use grub, becuase seems like i always have problems with it and have never had any trouble with lilo.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well, I could use LILO, but since GRUB is what Fedora comes with, I'm just going to use that.

Jung

???
Premium
A boot loader is a boot loader, it doesn't really matter. You can even use the windows boot loader if you want. I usually use what the distro comes with.

Descent

Hella Constipated
LOL...

Ah yes...the good old DOS days.

HIMEM is testing extended memory...Done.