WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

linux

tzedek

Original Member
where can i get some decent linux games to run on suse 9? im looking for a decent first person shooter, maybe a starcraft type game too.

tzedek

Original Member
i already looked in all those places, thats why i asked.

Jung

???
Premium
A lot of games like quake and Ameica's Army can be played in linux. Are you looking for free games or just a linux port? America's Army is free and actually a pretty decent game. Quake2/3 shouldn't be too hard to find either.

tzedek

Original Member
probably looking for a free game, becuase i would rather have the full version. im actaully setting this box up for a friend of mine. its only a 500mhz/128ram/32mb video machine so i dont think americas army would run on it. i did find a game called cube that doesnt look too bad. I guess my question should have been more like what linux games do people recommend.

I remember that Redhat (?) had a large amount to small, arcade type games that came with it. Is there any place where i can get a package like that with a whole bunch of smaller games?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
TuxKart
Xmime: you could hook em up with the Oldies.
They have Medal Of honor, but I couldn't get it to run.
Bah fuck Keep looking..