WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss "lip".. "chew".. whatever

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
So I tried chewing tobacco the other day.. The first time it was ok.. I got a buzz and was a little dizzy and it felt different (obviously).. Second time I tried it I think I may have swallowed a bit.. My pupils got wicked small my friends said they almost couldn't see them, then they got huge.. I STILL feel lightheaded and dizzy and I've only done it twice, second time was wednesday.. I don't know much about this shit, anything I can do to feel better or like make sure my brain doesn't friggin melt because thats what it feels like.. :(

edit: Ew though.. I'm not doing it again..

Jung

???
Premium
i remember trying it myself when i was 13 or 14, with the same outcome. i decided it would be cooler to smoke and i'm still trying to quit 10 years later. don't start using tobacco, it's not cool and definately not a good idea.

smoke weed, much better "buzz" and it doesn't have a shitty affect on you like that shit.

Jung

???
Premium
Jeranamo said:
smoke weed, much better "buzz" and it doesn't have a shitty affect on you like that shit.
yeah, because weed doesn't cause cancer. i smoke occasionally, but i'm not naive enough to believe it's much safer than tobacco.

tzedek

Original Member
it is much safer than tobacco... why??? becuase you smoke a hell of a lot less...

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Diviner's sage is my shit. It's a mild halucinagen. I rarely have dreams that i remember, so I sometimes take some before I go to bed. The dreams are LUCID.

Jung

???
Premium
tzedek said:
it is much safer than tobacco... why??? becuase you smoke a hell of a lot less...
depending on who you are. in college i smoked all day, everyday. if you smoke cigarettes it also leads to smoking more of them. it is marginally safer than the same amount of tobacco, but not by much. i've done a lot of researcho n the subject, even wrote a paper on it in college.

Fugly

Tenderony
p99 said:
So I tried chewing tobacco the other day.. The first time it was ok.. I got a buzz and was a little dizzy and it felt different (obviously).. Second time I tried it I think I may have swallowed a bit.. My pupils got wicked small my friends said they almost couldn't see them, then they got huge.. I STILL feel lightheaded and dizzy and I've only done it twice, second time was wednesday.. I don't know much about this shit, anything I can do to feel better or like make sure my brain doesn't friggin melt because thats what it feels like.. :(

Don't start...ever. I am thouroughly and utterly hooked. I started in baseball many years a go and dropped it in college...to redneck. I picked it back up again when I became a pilot. Pilots chew like crazy don't ask me why. Now my job is just stressful enough that it's very difficult to quit. Hell I don't even want to try its so bad. So I figure I got twn years or so before cancer gets me and kills me. I didn't want to live to see 40 anyway.

magnolia

Postaholic
Jeranamo said:
yeah, except that it's a proven carsenogen(sp). In other words, it's been proven to have a link with causing cancer, along with a whole slew of other long term health problems. Don't go with pot or cigs. They have a lot of the same outcomes. And chewing is so gross. Ya always gadda spit. It's such a turn off.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
p99 said:

why did ya do it...did someone bet you

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
p99 said:

Oral Cancer A picture is worth a thousand words. Show your friends.

Jeranamo

Tenderony
Fugly said:
I picked it back up again when I became a pilot. I didn't want to live to see 40 anyway.
Holy shit, I hope you don't fly commercial jets... I don't wanna fucken go crashing down when you decide to take your life.

tzedek said:

For every joint you smoke, it's like smoking ten cigarettes. So you smoke maybe 4 joints, then you've smoked 2 packs a day. But if you vaporize it, the belladonna helps open up your lungs, or so I hear.

I'm down to one and a half, and I smoke about 2 or 3 grams worth....

I haven't noticed the effects yet, and I've been smoking for at least 4 years. I give it another year and I'm gonna start hacking non-stop.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
ChilianFuckFace said:
Why did you do it? Did you just want to try it out? Or was it peer preasure?

Thats good to hear!
tobacco bad

Jung

???
Premium
HavokChylde said:
For every joint you smoke, it's like smoking ten cigarettes. So you smoke maybe 4 joints, then you've smoked 2 packs a day. But if you vaporize it, the belladonna helps open up your lungs, or so I hear.

I'm down to one and a half, and I smoke about 2 or 3 grams worth....

I haven't noticed the effects yet, and I've been smoking for at least 4 years. I give it another year and I'm gonna start hacking non-stop.
i'm not disputing that marijuana is bad, but those numbers are way off. you used to hear them in anti drug movies adn pamphlets, but they've quit using them. marijuana is more harmful than tobacco, but not by that much. it's very hard to find un biased drug propaganda (oops i meant information) in the US. like i said before, i've researched the issue a lot and found many people still believe the crap they were taught in grade school, most of which was misleading at best.

the bit about vaporizing is true, you're not creating any harmful smoke, so you're not exposed to the many toxins emitted in the smoke.

junglizm said:
i'm not disputing that marijuana is bad, but those numbers are way off. you used to hear them in anti drug movies adn pamphlets, but they've quit using them. marijuana is more harmful than tobacco, but not by that much. it's very hard to find un biased drug propaganda (oops i meant information) in the US. like i said before, i've researched the issue a lot and found many people still believe the crap they were taught in grade school, most of which was misleading at best.
Researched? :slap:

Heellloooo! McFly!!

Do you realized how much bud I've smoked in this lifetime?? I think I've experimented a bit during my existence to prove your "researched" theories all wrong. Have you ever blown weed smoke through a paper towel? Look at the resin left over. After doing so, blow some cigarette smoke into a paper towel. The resin stain is ten times darker than the niccotine left on the paper towel.

I'm sure scientists that researched this subject had the right answer the first time, they just forgot and made some new numbers up.

Jung

???
Premium
HavokChylde said:
Researched? :slap:

Heellloooo! McFly!!

Do you realized how much bud I've smoked in this lifetime?? I think I've experimented a bit during my existence to prove your "researched" theories all wrong. Have you ever blown weed smoke through a paper towel? Look at the resin left over. After doing so, blow some cigarette smoke into a paper towel. The resin stain is ten times darker than the niccotine left on the paper towel.

I'm sure scientists that researched this subject had the right answer the first time, they just forgot and made some new numbers up.

please post links or stop spewing diatribe, thanks. it's obvious that technology has improved, therefor many scientific beliefs have changed upon reexamination. i'm talking proof a bit more scientific than "blowin smoke through a paper towel." i said marijuana is worst than tobacco, but not as much as you let on. i don't have time to post links right now, but i'll subscribe to the thread and check back later. so hit up google for me, because if i'm wrong i'd like to be pointed in the direction on the correct information. thanks

junglizm said:
please post links or stop spewing diatribe, thanks. it's obvious that technology has improved, therefor many scientific beliefs have changed upon reexamination. i'm talking proof a bit more scientific than "blowin smoke through a paper towel." i said marijuana is worst than tobacco, but not as much as you let on. i don't have time to post links right now, but i'll subscribe to the thread and check back later. so hit up google for me, because if i'm wrong i'd like to be pointed in the direction on the correct information. thanks

Have you ever even smoked bud?

And yes, the internet, is also a very, very good source of information. (sarcasm) There's no comparison between information you get from the net, and those dumb flicks they would show you in health. No comparison, because they are the same. The information comes from a bunch of dips who have probably never even touched or seen weed.

And sure, my little experiment doesn't seem too scientific, and most experiments don't, but smoke six blunts a day, every day for about a month, quit for a month, then smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day for about a month and see which makes the flem a darker brown in the morning.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I tried it just to see what it was like.. I did a second time because the first wasn't too bad but I dunno I guess I may have swallowed some accidently.. My head STILL fucking hurts so much.. My friends didn't pressure me into it, but they thought I should try it to see what it was like. I have told them it will give them cancer, they say its only if you do it a lot, well.. They do it everyday so their contradicting themselves..