WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Liquid that poisoned man's beer bottle was caustic

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Holy shit, what a freak. He is now an honorary member of WTF.com! -Jason

SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. A South Kingstown man who became ill after he drank from a beer bottle ingested a caustic liquid.
Police say the liquid that sent Michael Darigan to the hospital last Sunday resembles lye.

Lye is a highly concentrated solution of potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide. It's often found in commercial drain and oven cleaners.

The 53-year-old Darigan found the bottle along his jogging route last week.

Sergeant Thomas Owens says there's no evidence suggesting Darigan was personally targeted.

Want to learn more?
http://www.eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3781735&nav=F2DOdu3B

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
He found a bottle of something, when he was running, and thought it was a good idea to drink it? There's got to be more to this story.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
not the first time I knew of someone drinking beer bottles they found... me and a guy were cleaning a parking lot next to a military pier once and found 3 beer cans... they were near a pay phone since last night.. our conclusion was a drunkard was making a phone call and put the remains of his 6 pack or whatnot down and forgot they were there when he returned to his ship... I didnt want them because I only drink hard liquor, but the guy I was with downed em both..

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I still think it sounds like asking for trouble. Cans are more tamper proof than bottles. There has to be more to this story.