Live Journals

Awaken

God
5,711
1,195
507
OK, so I'm browsing another forum, look at a persons sig, and they have a link to their live journal. Well, I've seen this several timez now, but I've ignored it. Finally, I gave up and clicked the damn link. WTF?! What is with these things? You go on their and broadcast what happened that day or whatever. I personally find it lame. Why would a person want to do this? What a person writes in their journal is private information. And, if it's not, then we all wish it would be. I don't care where you have a pimple or what your mom said to you that made you cry for hours on end.

If you have a live journal, why? Why would you put that stuff on the internet for others to read?
 

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
682
1
0
Its fame dude...

All they want is their 15min where people are logging on to find out about their day... and the people logging on are into the whole voyeurism thing, and enjoy the fact they can get this insight into someones life...
 

Awaken

God
5,711
1,195
507
chucktheskiffie said:
Its fame dude...

All they want is their 15min where people are logging on to find out about their day... and the people logging on are into the whole voyeurism thing, and enjoy the fact they can get this insight into someones life...
Well....I guess. I don't see why anyone would want to read about someone elses totally boring day...
 

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
682
1
0
Awaken said:
Well....I guess. I don't see why anyone would want to read about someone elses totally boring day...
Unless you were gonna make shit up...

"Today, journal, on my way to work, i saw a woman being attacked by a dodo. Now, normally i wouldn't intervene, but on this occasion, i thought the girl was good looking..."

"So, i quickly ran to a conveniently nearby pet shop and bought a large bird cage. I ran over to the woman, and scooped up the dodo into the cage."

"She was so grateful, she gave me her phone number and said to come around tonight."

"So anyway, i went to work, and i thought about this dodo i still had with me... now, a dodo, journal, is extinct. So guess what - I SOLD MINE ON EBAY!! - so there i was, with a mound of cash, and this great chick's phone number."




Anyone care to finish this Live (fake) Journal??????
 

Bibas

That's Illogical.
275
0
0
Awaken said:
Yeah, I don't see how that can keep such a thing in business. I haven't clicked one since.

How can it ?

Well, you are not the only one on "teh interwebs", now are ya ?
 

Awaken

God
5,711
1,195
507
Bibas said:
How can it ?

Well, you are not the only one on "teh interwebs", now are ya ?
I'm pretty fucking close. I'm the only one that matterz... roffle. I just have a hard time imaging something like enjoying that. I guess if you have nothing else to do... :/

EDIT: Skiffie, exactly! :thumbsup:
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,685
149
157
To discover a vulnerability in Xanga and steal my ID!

Because Xanga, Inc. didn't heed the warnings given by the GNAA.

True story...
 

Bibas

That's Illogical.
275
0
0
Well Awaken, if you look just a little bit closer...

...what WTF is for some people ? Why do you post in "Life Sucks" ?...eh ?

Simple answer - some people are using web forums, as a substitute of a journal.

It is just some inner need to post shit about your poor self, even if you know, that noone will read it. Maybe a way of relieving your stress ? It's sure cheaper than a therapist, isn't it ? And if it helps...why not.
 

Awaken

God
5,711
1,195
507
Bibas said:
Well Awaken, if you look just a little bit closer...

...what WTF is for some people ? Why do you post in "Life Sucks" ?...eh ?

Simple answer - some people are using web forums, as a substitute of a journal.

It is just some inner need to post shit about your poor self, even if you know, that noone will read it. Maybe a way of relieving your stress ? It's sure cheaper than a therapist, isn't it ? And if it helps...why not.
Bibas, they're called friends. :thumbsup:

Plus, you can write it out on paper. :thumbsup:

Good call removing the flame, skiffie.

Also, Bibas, on wtf.com, we can reply. Get other people's opinions. :)
 

Bibas

That's Illogical.
275
0
0
Awaken :
1. You can reply to journals as well (comments)
2. What if a journalist haven't got any friends ?
3. It's way faster, to type it on keyboard.
4. What if someone's don't give a fuck about other peoples opinion ?
 

Awaken

God
5,711
1,195
507
Bibas:
1. I was not aware of that. Interesting. Why not just go to a forum? Roffle.
2. Then that guy should SERIOUSLY go out and get some...
3. True. Got me there.
4. That guy needz some new friends. :thumbsdn:
 

Jung

???
Premium
14,238
2,511
637
lookatme.gif
 

Bibas

That's Illogical.
275
0
0
Aw-fucking-right. Junglizm as always spoiled the whole fun, with one pic :/
But seriously, it's very sad that this picture shows 99% of truth about livejournals.