WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Notice Logo design ideas...

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey guys...

While we're working on a site refresh, we wanted to know your thoughts on the logo...

Which type of logo do you think you'd prefer the most?

Just a simple text logo?

The little fella we have up there now?

Go retro and bring back some angry character from our past?

I could post a few old designs for comparison sake I suppose...

What say you?

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
I'd say do a few of each, and break out the poll to which is more popular, then design a new one based on the 'winning design', or have someone design the new one.

Fÿn

Always black
Yep, what Swah said. Post the examples and we can vote afterwards. I liked the old angry demon logo more

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I say we're entering the age of Aquarius and that the logo take a more intelligent and professional design. Farm out the work for at least 200 bucks... I'll pay half....

Keep the same fun... but make something that captures the complete essence. Make a contest out of it. Include outsourced professional artists and have premium members, notable members and the staff vote on the mother fucker.

Its our house... we built it.... and sure there are some children under the stairs... but hey man... eyes up here you fucking pervert!

steelasp

poontangwrecker
I miss the old demon as well. I would love to see it rise from it's eternal slumber once more.

Haresy

Misanthropic Blender
Premium
I say we're entering the age of Aquarius and that the logo take a more intelligent and professional design. Farm out the work for at least 200 bucks... I'll pay half....
Works for me. I accept cash, single-malt scotch and more single-malt scotch as payment.

ib4

Error
Staff
Are there any particular details you guys (site owners) are aiming for in this go around? i.e. lighter theme, less crazy more clean cut, still WTF!? but more modern web style etc.

I don't think "more professional" is the right description. It is already a professional looking website, very clean, very welcoming, and so on. I think the words would be, a style that is more inviting to any ol person while still maintaining some style of WTF!? imaging or theme.

I personally don't care which route is being taken, I'm just trying to figure out some of the idea details so I can play with graphics :]

Last edited:

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Yes, we're interested in a more modern style without appearing like a tech gaming site.. Its a fine line. ;) We've won several awards for designs in the last 12 years we've been on the internet. We've had about 8 different designs during that time.

We want to maintain a bit of humor and a laid-back atmosphere...

It'll start out with a dark theme, then we can expand from there to something lighter as well which we haven't done in several years.

We're looking at sticky navigation that allows for easier navigation when you're not at the top of a page, and a smaller version of the logo as you scroll around that sizes up when you're up top, and a few other tidbits and installed add-ons (such as Steam, new layout for the medals, maybe return of "The Maul" so we can give gift icons to each others, etc).

We'd like to be creative, but we're at the mercy of those creative types because I have little brains for that sort of thing. ;)

For the @ib4 types

Or...

For the animal loving @BridgetteH types.

Obviously you would want to get the artists permission, but just some examples to get the idea justices flowing. Hard.

ib4

Error
Staff
wtf.png

This isnt apart of the ideas im coming up with. I was just impressed how I removed his head from the original, replaced his color, and replaced his outlines so smoothly. lol