WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Lokitorrent.com down forever

Cash21

Clitpickle
80
0
0
#1
:(

Shortly after hearing torrent websites are under fire by such organizations as the MPAA it is shut down. What a damn shame......... As if the movie industry doesn't make enough money already.....

Please post any torrent sites that are still up. Don't let these greedy bastards cash in even more by cutting of our freedom.

editedlink.com - Didn't read the rules. My apologies.
 

Cash21

Clitpickle
80
0
0
#3
"The page you've requested cannot be found."

Don't bother posting if you don't have anything even slightly beneficial in an attempt to make the teeny bopping, l33t teen kids turn their pimple-faced, poopy- pant asses away from the computer and off the forum. You make a perfect example for them by making dipshit comments like that.

:mfinger:
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#4
Cash21 said:
:(

Shortly after hearing torrent websites are under fire by such organizations as the MPAA it is shut down. What a damn shame......... As if the movie industry doesn't make enough money already.....

Please post any torrent sites that are still up. Don't let these greedy bastards cash in even more by cutting of our freedom.

http://edited.com
God, this is old news. When will you warez monkeys learn to read the fucking rules? This isn't a warez site, stop posting fucking links to torrent sites.
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#5
Cash21 said:
"The page you've requested cannot be found."

Don't bother posting if you don't have anything even slightly beneficial in an attempt to make the teeny bopping, l33t teen kids turn their pimple-faced, poopy- pant asses away from the computer and off the forum. You make a perfect example for them by making dipshit comments like that.

:mfinger:
what could possibly be beneficial to this thread? why dont you go lurk some more instead of posting.

and heres the link i meant to post:

http://news.com.com/Court+Hollywood+gets+P2P+giants+server+logs/2100-1025_3-5571782.html

You = still owned bitch


A Dallas federal court has ordered file-swapping site LokiTorrent.com to shut down and provide Hollywood lawyers with access to its full server logs, including data that could expose hundreds of thousands of people to copyright lawsuits.
 

Cash21

Clitpickle
80
0
0
#6
tzedek said:
what could possibly be beneficial to this thread? why dont you go lurk some more instead of posting.

and heres the link i meant to post:

http://news.com.com/Court+Hollywood+gets+P2P+giants+server+logs/2100-1025_3-5571782.html

You = still owned bitch
Hey, take your "owned" talk and shove it right on up your ass, how about that? There ARE people who actually download movies and games to make backup copies, such as myself. So stop being such a lame asshole and fuck off.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#7
Cash21 said:
There ARE people who actually download movies and games to make backup copies, such as myself. So stop being such a lame asshole and fuck off.
And there are people who rationalize and lie about that. It's much easier/quicker to just make images/rip your legal media, than it is to download it. Regardless, downloading "backup copies" is still illegal, don't be ignorant. Posting links to torrent sites is also against the rules, maybe you should read them.
 

Cash21

Clitpickle
80
0
0
#8
junglizm said:
And there are people who rationalize and lie about that. It's much easier/quicker to just make images/rip your legal media, than it is to download it. Regardless, downloading "backup copies" is still illegal, don't be ignorant.
No, downloading backup copies is NOT illegal, just as burining them is not.
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#9
Jung, You really changed your stance on this whole downloading thing havent you?

So someone who actually knows...How does it work? Do MPAA agents show up at your door and take you to jail? Do you get a letter...I live in a huge apartment complex and have my wireless router that I just leave on...If people are dl'ing off of that i'm sure it would seem like its me. All of the little playground "oooooo...you're in trouble" shit can be saved for now...I really have no idea how it works.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#10
Cash21 said:
No, downloading backup copies is NOT illegal, just as burining them is not.
Seriously, do you really believe that? Do some research there bud, you'll find out you're dead wrong.
bigck3000 said:
Jung, You really changed your stance on this whole downloading thing havent you?
I dont' try to rationalize what I do, if anything, with internet rumors about legality. (you should know my stance on this though.)

Also, this isn't a place to post warez links. I'd just like to be able to post in this forum, without having to deal with warez posts. That's just my opinions though. :)

A mod/admin would've edited his link out anyway, I was trying to help him out.
 

Cash21

Clitpickle
80
0
0
#11
Junglizm, maybe I didn't explain myself clear enough. It is, indeed, legal to burn CD's, DVD's and games for your own personal use provided you own the original copy.

And it isn't old news considering lokitorrent.com as well as several other torrent sites were shutdown within the last few days.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#12
Cash21 said:
Junglizm, maybe I didn't explain myself clear enough. It is, indeed, legal to burn CD's, DVD's and games for your own personal use provided you own the original copy.
Yeah, you made yourself clear enough. I just don't think that's true, at least not from what I've read. Regardless, it's the seeding that you're more prone toget in trouble for. (which nobody does on open trackers anyway. :rolleyes: )
Cash21 said:
And it isn't old news considering lokitorrent.com as well as several other torrent sites were shutdown within the last few days.
You're right, my mistake. I was thinking of the last wave of these shut downs. I thought loki was already down. Open trackers are the devil anyway, I'd avoid them like the plague.
 

Cash21

Clitpickle
80
0
0
#14
bigck3000 said:
Jung, You really changed your stance on this whole downloading thing havent you?

So someone who actually knows...How does it work? Do MPAA agents show up at your door and take you to jail? Do you get a letter...I live in a huge apartment complex and have my wireless router that I just leave on...If people are dl'ing off of that i'm sure it would seem like its me. All of the little playground "oooooo...you're in trouble" shit can be saved for now...I really have no idea how it works.
Well, I've heard stories about agents from whatever organizations actually knocking on peoples doors or calling people and warning them. In one case I heard someone had their PC taken from them due to using torrents.

I don't know how credible these stories are but I'm personally not concerned. If I get a call then I'll stop downloading or If I get a knock on the door I won't let them in until I see a Search Warrant signed by the D.A. There are ways to mask your IP address which I probably should be doing..... But hey, what happens happens. I don't think this hurting the entertainment industry THAT much considering revenue is still in the billions :rolleyes:

If, you ask me the music indistry, MPAA, and software/gaming companies are fo rthe most part greedy SOB's. But the law's the law and that's the issue i guess.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#16
bigck3000 said:
so i take it no one knows?
Read the DMCA. Usually what happens is the copyright holder will submit notificatin to your ISP, who in turn will basically tell you to knock it off. They can request your information, to proceed with criminal charges/fines though. Piracy in now punishable by jail time too. (Well, it's always been, technically, but now they're actually enforcing it.)
Cash21 said:
There are ways to mask your IP address which I probably should be doing.....
Most anon proxies are blocked by trackers though, and things like protowall, and such, don't help much for torrents. I just stay away from public trackers all together. When I do download stuff, it's usually just TV episodes anyway.
Cash21 said:
On a lighter note, how was your mardi gras junglizm? I'm in Metairie :thumbsup:
Pretty good; Zulu was fun, as usual. We had many drunken moments of stupidity! :thumbsup:
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#18
Hes a smart guy....what are they going to do..."Hey! I was illegally downloading files and this guy took my money."

generous people= idiots
 

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
290
0
0
#19
Jeez, you guys were railing cash...

oh and cash for future reference, downloading backup copies offiles is illegal, moron.
 

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
9,653
1,302
387
#20
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask: "What the hell is a 'bit torrent'?"

I'm gonna google it and post my own answer...


Edit: What is BitTorrent uploading from my machine?
Pieces of the file you're currently downloading. BitTorrent trades pieces you have with pieces your peers have.

So basically I guess, when you download a torrent, you send it as well, making use of your entire bandwidth... Interesting.