WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Long-Distance Relationship

Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship? If so did it work?

  • Yes and yes

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yes and no

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I really don't give a fuck

    Votes: 2 9.5%

  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
95
0
0
#1
I was just wondering if anyone out there has encountered a long-distance relationship? If so did it work?
 

Punk Ass

sometimes Blond
106
0
0
#2
they can work but usually dont exspecially if you dont get to see of talk to the person offten. humans need physical contact (not sexual) and an emotional closeness in order to maintain a healthy relationship with some one. but i can be a hopeless romantic and say if you really love someone enough you will never le anything stand in the way of you loving he other person. and anything that comes aong the way you will stick it through and work it out.
 

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
2,197
0
0
#3
undiehiker04 said:
I was just wondering if anyone out there has encountered a long-distance relationship? If so did it work?
I dont think it would work. You would be so far away from each other and dont know what to do and then you would end up meeting someone else and doing what you shouldn't be doing for the other might break you heart.
 
11,055
399
382
#4
i'm in one right now... seems to be working alright... i've heard of people who've been in them... one couple, the guy was from holland, the girl from new jersey, and now they're married.
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#6
i had to put, i dont give a fuck, just because i had too, it was to good of an opportunity to pass up, i dont think long distance relationships work most of the time, its hard to have trust in a person u dint even see.. and without trust a realationship crumbles.
 

swizeguy

How dare you!?
912
0
0
#7
well i dunno about that whole long-distance relationships.. i was in a real close distance one.. the girl lived down the road but i never saw her so it didnt work.. but now i am going out with a girl thats about 40 min away and it seems to be working so wtf..
 

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
916
0
80
#8
wel ive been in several ..close distance relationships.....punkass is right....we need contact in order to maintain a healthy relationship....but then again if you see each other everyday..all day...it kinda....saturates things....however some long distance relationships do work..i had a buddy who lived 20 hrs away from his gf...theyve been together for 4yrs....theyve been at diff schools for 3yrs....and theyre still together and very happy....i can only assume it would be realyl really hard to keep something like that going...
 

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
2,732
0
100
#9
undiehiker04 said:
I was just wondering if anyone out there has encountered a long-distance relationship? If so did it work?
yeah when iwas 14.
 

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
889
0
0
#10
i've never been in a relationship and the girl i met lives in the phillipine islands so that's pretty far away
i don't believe we're like 'gf an bf' but we like each other enough as really good friends now, but we've only been talking to each other for like a week and a half now
so i don't know what will become of it...all i know is i'm happy to talk to her and she's happy talking to me
 

Ctoit

Tenderony
428
1
0
#11
I was in a relationship that was at home but he started working about 3hrs away so he would stay there all week and either come home for the weekend or I would go up there..........worked out nicely by sunday I was ready for him to get the hell away, as I'm sure he was also.............but when the job ended (a year and a half later) and he came back we were right back to fighting and getting on each others nerves..............fuck I wish he'd go away again
 

G's-up

Postaholic
2,625
0
0
#12
Ctoit said:
I was in a relationship that was at home but he started working about 3hrs away so he would stay there all week and either come home for the weekend or I would go up there..........worked out nicely by sunday I was ready for him to get the hell away, as I'm sure he was also.............but when the job ended (a year and a half later) and he came back we were right back to fighting and getting on each others nerves..............fuck I wish he'd go away again

ROFL!...Long distance relationships are tough. I do have to agree with marius about the need for physical contact with someone. Unless you have enough money to visit your mail order bride...I mean your girlfriend in the PHILLIPPINES, I dont see that there is a chance to really know each other. The best way to handle a long distance relationship in my experience is try it for a little while, when you realize that you and the other person both deserve more than just emails and phone calls thats when you just become friends. If you were meant to be together than eventually that will happen, in the meantime at least you didnt lose a good friend. :)
 

actingsmylife

Loving Person
80
0
0
#13
i am

I'm in one right now, he lives in VA and i live in CA. I think that it is possible for them to work, you just have to have faith in the relationship and in one another. good luck!
 
#14
Long distances

My Boyfriend lives in North Alabama, and i just moved to East Texas. We both just started High School and sometimes i feel like we should just become good friends. I feel guilty about dating him because I feel like i'm holding him back form things he should be experiencing in high school. I called hime yesterday, and somewhere in our conversation i mentioned me being guilty. He then told me that he was also feeling guilty. Because I'm in a new place and should be meeting new people. About the lasting thing? Idk. I couldn't tell you. Have you ever heard that saying, "Let it go, and if it comes back it was meant to be." ? it's a good quote.
 

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
95
0
0
#15
Drunk On Karma said:
My Boyfriend lives in North Alabama, and i just moved to East Texas. We both just started High School and sometimes i feel like we should just become good friends. I feel guilty about dating him because I feel like i'm holding him back form things he should be experiencing in high school. I called hime yesterday, and somewhere in our conversation i mentioned me being guilty. He then told me that he was also feeling guilty. Because I'm in a new place and should be meeting new people. About the lasting thing? Idk. I couldn't tell you. Have you ever heard that saying, "Let it go, and if it comes back it was meant to be." ? it's a good quote.
you're not holding me back from anything
 

Fugly

Tenderony
524
0
0
#17
Drunk On Karma said:
My Boyfriend lives in North Alabama, and i just moved to East Texas. We both just started High School and sometimes i feel like we should just become good friends. I feel guilty about dating him because I feel like i'm holding him back form things he should be experiencing in high school. I called hime yesterday, and somewhere in our conversation i mentioned me being guilty. He then told me that he was also feeling guilty. Because I'm in a new place and should be meeting new people. About the lasting thing? Idk. I couldn't tell you. Have you ever heard that saying, "Let it go, and if it comes back it was meant to be." ? it's a good quote.
Your 14......what kind of usefull advice can you give?
 

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
465
0
0
#19
Fugly said:
Your 14......what kind of usefull advice can you give?
im 15 right now, and when i gave advice, i WAS 14 and they were appreciative for my advice, so i say age has nothing to do with wisdom or knoledge, and giving advice is more or less spreading wisdom/knowledge to help other people, so leave her alone, shes only trying to help
 

Dustbinbag

Two words: Shut up.
36
0
0
#20
The thing with age is, most 14-yr-olds are total retards who wouldn't know common sense if smacked them on the head. Therefore I can understand where both viewpoints are from, as you get some who can use their noodle, but they are of the dying breed.