WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

look after your lungs kids..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
so here i am.. a lovely warm fall day in nashville, sat on the back steps with my dogs and i can hardly breathe.. feels like i'm getting flu, but really bad..
almost exactly a year ago i got the same deal.. couldn't breathe, temperature of 105 for 3 days.. (my temperature is going up today).. they hospitalised me and told me i had shadows in my lungs, after a few weeks they told me i had fungus growing in there.. i have looked everywhere in my past to see where i picked this up, no idea.. they assured me it wasn't smoking but i'm sure it didn't help that i smoked hash for 15 years..
i have worked a few days in the past few weeks, i have my own company so i never really lost my job, just downsized everything.. now it's looking like i will be sick again.. maybe it will happen every fall..

i'd like to be upbeat about this like i have been in the past but today i'm just sad and pissed.. should this be in 'life sucks'? well, i don't like to post in there as all you get is "it'll get better" comments.. and i don't feel too enthusiastic that that is the case..

if anyone wants to kick a guy while he's down here's your chance.. ;)

Relly

Gamer From Hell
we can only hope for the best, d00d. maybe you should stock up on stuff to entertain yourself with while youre fighting this year's sickness... or maybe it wont happen at all. even tho u dont want it, i wish u a speedy recovery.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i don't know much about this, but i'd get your house checked out to see if there is someting inside your house causing this, assuming it is the same thing as you got last year

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
yeah, i have mycobacterium abcessus which is a mold/fungal infection, almost never occuring in the lung.. usually occurs around puncture wounds, needle holes etc..
i asked the pulmonary fuckwit if it was because of mold, although we don't have mold in our house (i'm a contractor).. he said not..
my latest line of thought is maybe an allergy.. seeing as it is the same time of year.. maybe i'm allergic to falling leaves.. :( ;)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
void said:
yeah, i have mycobacterium abcessus which is a mold/fungal infection, almost never occuring in the lung.. usually occurs around puncture wounds, needle holes etc..
i asked the pulmonary fuckwit if it was because of mold, although we don't have mold in our house (i'm a contractor).. he said not..
my latest line of thought is maybe an allergy.. seeing as it is the same time of year.. maybe i'm allergic to falling leaves.. :( ;)
It'll get better man! (Sorry, had too)

Seriously though, is it possible that your condition is affected by the weather conditions at this time of year? I've been to Nashville about this time of year and I recall it wasn't all that bad, but the humidity with the leaves etc could be an issue?

And have you seen a second pulminologist?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
UberSkippy said:
It'll get better man! (Sorry, had too)

Seriously though, is it possible that your condition is affected by the weather conditions at this time of year? I've been to Nashville about this time of year and I recall it wasn't all that bad, but the humidity with the leaves etc could be an issue?

And have you seen a second pulminologist?
nashvile has pretty bad air quality.. I24, I40 and I65 all cross here, so for a small city that's a lot of carbon monoxide.. plus we're in a basin, so the air stays fairly still..
i have two teams at two hospitals.. i try not to go every time they want me to, i have bought them enough new porsches..
i will likely go next week if this follows the same course as last year.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
I told you when I sold you those shrooms man, eat them, don't snort them. Damn!

seriously, sounds like you inhaled some spores, which makes sense if you're living in a hot humid region. Abcesses suck, I have had one ever since I found out I had type 2 diabetes. Drugs should work for you though. Better living through chemistry!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Tostig said:
I told you when I sold you those shrooms man, eat them, don't snort them. Damn!

seriously, sounds like you inhaled some spores, which makes sense if you're living in a hot humid region. Abcesses suck, I have had one ever since I found out I had type 2 diabetes. Drugs should work for you though. Better living through chemistry!
no cure known yet..
really. :thumbsdn:

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
maybe you can conside moving to another town/city/suburb because you own the buisness, you have flexibility.

hope you get well soon

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
skullmaster said:
maybe you can conside moving to another town/city/suburb because you own the buisness, you have flexibility.

hope you get well soon
good solution but not going to happen..
my wife earns 4 times what i earn, she has to be in nashville as it's TN state capital.. she's 'governmenty'.. :happysad:

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Walm and humid, ideal fungus. Has this only developed whilst in the US?

Prehaps it's the climate that's scewing with your lungs. Try going down to mexico or some other dry heat climate area for a week or so. Might give you an idea if it is to do with humidity.

Autumn is the time for mushrooms...I wonder what happened if you breathed in fumes from anti-fungal spray? -dont answer that.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Sorry you're feeling poopy. That's my word of the day btw.

Shame we're not neighbors, I would've picked you up on m'bike and we would've reaked havoc in the streets.

Always a good way to get your spirits up.