WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Losing an old friend...

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
No he didn't die, not technically anyways.

He has been in our group of friends who get together once a week for about 8 years. He's super fun and crazy, always a great laugh creator. He hooked up with Evil Chick about 6 years ago, and she's slowly dragged him down, and now she's finally got him. This evil bitch is so bad, we had to tell him that she wasn't invited anymore because she's pissed off, and on, every single person in the group for 6 years. She literally spends the whole time she's around bitching about my friend, and then she turns on anyone around. She's a buzzkill, and she loves it. She's proudly admitted on several occasions that she was simply there to make sure our friend didn't have "too much fun" which for her means any.

I can't believe the sex is that good in the relationship to totally drag him down, but apparently it was, at least in the beginning. She also had someone else's kid, WHILE with my friend, and now he's semi-adopted the evil drug baby. The kid is an evil menace and is also un-invited from any outing. Now most of us ditch out significant others for the once a week, 4 hour time period. He mumbled something about "not knowing if he could go somewhere that evil bitch and the spawn of satan can't go". We tried to explain it to him, for the thousanth time. This time she's won out.

He works 60+ hours a week for the family business (meaning he does all the work) and now he has lost his only group of friends. He'll sit on the hill and wither and just become a husk of a man. It's fucking sad. Her entire family is in and out of jail, and evil as sin. So he will sit with bitch and devil spawn, her evil family, well the ones not in jail, and rot away.

Goodbye Joe, we miss you man. We really miss you.

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
Thats really sad, I suppose everyone has had a friend like that in one way or another, I certainly have. I have however learnt one thing, the more you try to convince the "friend" about the evil other-half, the more the other- half wins. So the best thing to do in the end is let them find out themselves and make sure that they know you will always be there for them. :happysad:

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Like vic said, when he does find out, you will probably need to be there to catch him in the end.
Don't bail on him totally.

JLXC

Premium
we wont bail on him, we'll welcome him back any time at all. Just not with bitch and hellspawn. At least not at our houses.

If he tries to leave her she'll probably kill him and bury him on their huge spot of land they own (due to drug dealing). She's said as much, he's confirmed that she's said as much, so it's not like he doesn't know she's Evil. She admits to Evil, but says her other family members are worse!

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I agree with LV and Meh. Don't completely ditch on him.

I was that guy at one time. My ex took me away from my friends and I honestly didn't even realize it until it was almost too late. When shit hit the fan, it was my friends I desserted that put me back together in the end.

Edit: Late agian to respond I see. That's good to hear JLXC, because he may need you in the long run.

CannibaL

Banned - What an Asshat!
Give it some time,he'll relize <sp?> what he's left and come back for you,I doubt that couple will last long.

JLXC

Premium
Well it's been a few weeks now, and no contact at all from him to any of us. I'm sure his evil bitch is so fucking pleased she's treating him like less of a slave then usual, maybe even having sex with him again? When the evil ones win, they enjoy it a lot, I hope she enjoys it, because one day he'll probably wake up and leave her ass. Of course he'll have to dissapear because if he announced it she'd kill him, not joking here.

jamesp

In Memory...
One of my buddies went through something like that. In the end he realized that his friends were more important, but not before it was too late. We had all moved on and started doing other things with our lives.

I have... err, had? ... a small group of friends. We've known each other since first grade.

Come grade 10, one of them starts going out with a girl his family never approved of. At first we accepted her as part of our group. But then she decided to grab him by the balls and get rather... demanding. So, 3 years later, he pretty much ditched us, who he's known for 15 years, and his family to be with her.

Got married without any of us knowing. His family didn't even know. He didn't have a ceremony, and moved to Victoria.

JLXC

Premium
Unforgiven said:
IGot married without any of us knowing. His family didn't even know. He didn't have a ceremony, and moved to Victoria.
Man your story pretty much mirrors this one, except he hasn't gotten married yet that we know.