WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

lost it at doctor surgery

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I have a condition called Barrett esophagus, basically I fucked my esophagus because of stomach acid and the lining and cells has changed, mutated and this can lead to cancer if don't take the medication, I also have type 1, the worst.. not sure if I ever put this here but had it started 5 years and have to take 2 pills everyday for life and been told important I take these pills every day, anyway all the fucking time they are calling me in for reviews, here's how it goes..

doctor: how do you feel
me: I'm ok
doctor: Great here's your prescription

The doctor is miles away and they like to make you wait in the waiting room for a good 45 minutes

a couple times I missed a review and gone without my medication for up to 2 weeks

so today I went to collect my repeat prescription (because I complained last time of endless pointless fucking reviews every 5 minutes) so my prescription is there..14 fucking tablets! one little box!! oh it's only 14 because the doctor wants you in for a review hahahahhahahahahahahahaaaahhaha (maniacal laughing) So I lost it somewhat, I have to take these pills for the rest of my life and you are ruining that life, calm down sir, you will have to ask the doctor and so another appointment is booked and I am ready for it, ooh fuck me I'm not taking anymore of this shit, they wont want to see me again after how vile I am going to be at this next fucking appointment.

rant over.

edit - oh you can buy them some places.. £10 for 7 fucking tablets!

Last edited:
  • 1Sad
Reactions: Stardust

ib4

Error
Staff
That sounds shitty man. Sorry you have to deal with that. I don't understand why people of major establishments have to fuck with us so much. Why don't you go above their heads? Contact someone at a higher place and complain about their treatment of your condition as a forced research point that makes you uncomfortable and takes away form your right to take care of yourself.

• 1Agree

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
You can’t renew the medicine through the pharmacy? Maybe there’s a possibility to switch doctors?

Shit sounds unnecessary and a time waster for you, the doctor and tax money.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
@TheRover , it's a British institution to complain about the NHS. But it could be worse. You could live in a country where they make you pay for healthcare and shove huge quantities of medication down your throat which is overpriced by 1000% and you still have to pay $750/month even though you pay for health coverage.

• 1Agree

Myzyri

Hoodrat
I lost it with mine, too. This past week I was sent for a possible blood clot, then told it was my nerves, I needed another scan. SMH. I fired my surgeon, then hired a chiropractor.

The doctor making you come for another review, seems to be needing to fill spots. Damn shame they can't do it via web cam.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
@TheRover , it's a British institution to complain about the NHS. But it could be worse. You could live in a country where they make you pay for healthcare and shove huge quantities of medication down your throat which is overpriced by 1000% and you still have to pay $750/month even though you pay for health coverage.

I complain about ours too(and the rest of Finland). But I’m so fucking happy for it deep down, the medicine I get now? It’s 1000€ a month. I paid about 500€ then i hit a “roof” for the year and now I pay 2,50 for any prescription medicine for the rest of the year.

Edit: then again, saying “someone has it worse”, is a giant petpeeve of mine. It’s the same as saying “why are you happy? Someone has it better than you”. But there’s a time and place for it, so in this case it isn’t so bad.