WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Lovely Fucking War

Invader

Last Living Souls
My contact in Jihadistan– aka Afghanistan – was complaining about the lack of speed the helicopters take in getting out wounded people. It wasn’t a problem particularly with his unit, as there have been few casualties, fortunately (though as Special Force Operatives they do have the most dangerous missions and are continually killing, et cetera).

The problem did come to light, however, when a member of his unit was shot in the leg and it took 4 hours for them to bring in a med evacuation helicopter. The thing is, had he been more seriously wounded, they still would have taken that much time to get him out of there. And other people have been more seriously wounded and died waiting during those hours.

In Vietnam the average time to get people out of the area once wounded was 20 minutes. 20 minutes even under intense enemy fire!

But someone in the higher up ranks had the bright idea to make absolutely sure that the area MUST be totally cleared of any enemy whatsoever until a helicopter can come in. And even then they are in no hurry, because they can’t risk sacrificing any machines losses over human life, damn it! After all, machines are expensive, and humans are cheap.

stinkyfingers

retarted since 1979
what do you want them to do? if you send a crew in to rescue the wounded soldier you risk every man you send in. instead of one soldier dying ,you want to risk five.

Invader

Last Living Souls
Well, I would love to see and hear that the med evacuation helicopters are not just waiting around when there are men and women getting shot. I mean, if it was me, I would risk my life to save another bc I feel that being a saviour is far more better than to live in shame bc you let 20 people die.

R

RedOctober

Well... They used to polish up soldiers in the M.A.S.H. because they were conscripts. Mama back home doesn't like her son treated badly.

Nowadays they are cannonfodder again. Guess why.
If you join the army, it's your own choice, and you're just another expendable mercenary.

Like in:

ex·pend·a·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-spnd-bl)
adj.
Subject to use or consumption: an expendable source.
Not worth salvaging or reusing: expendable marines.
Not strictly necessary; dispensable: an expendable budget item; expendable personnel.
Open to sacrifice in the interests of gaining an objective, especially a military one: expendable civilian targets.

if it was me, I would risk my life to save another bc I feel that being a saviour is far more better than to live in shame bc you let 20 people die.
Sounds like a perfect candidate for the military.

stinkyfingers said:
what do you want them to do? if you send a crew in to rescue the wounded soldier you risk every man you send in. instead of one soldier dying ,you want to risk five.
Look at the stats from the Vietnam War, the majority of MedEvac choppers got in and out, with the wounded personnel, without being shot down. If you average out the number of dead b/c of waiting for help vs. the number of dead b/c of being shot down, you will probably find that the first one is a bigger problem.

As Invader said, life is cheap.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
canadian_pov said:
Look at the stats from the Vietnam War, the majority of MedEvac choppers got in and out, with the wounded personnel, without being shot down. If you average out the number of dead b/c of waiting for help vs. the number of dead b/c of being shot down, you will probably find that the first one is a bigger problem.

As Invader said, life is cheap.
Yeah, but as you look at the stats from the Vietnam war, more medivac helos were shot down later on. The fact that the helos got in and out was more a factor of the enemy not knowing HOW to shoot at a helo. They come in funny, they leave funny and where are they weak?

That information is all common knowledge now. Especially in the mid east where the US trained Al-Queda soldiers in the 70's and 80's so they could shoot down the heavily armored Russian Hind gunships.

Also, there is probably much greater risk of a helicopter being shot down in this war than in the vietnam war. The weapons that are available to the opposition now are much more advanced, as well as cheaper than what would have been available in the vietnam war.

I know the war is a bad situation, but I'm sure the "experts" that are in the shit, and not here speculating from the safety of their homes like you are, could tell you why the rescues take as long as they do.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
there is a solution to all this.. our leader and their leader duke it out one on one.. after a few 'wars' like that i guess we'd have ted nugent for prez.. which is something i've been saying for years.

Invader

Last Living Souls
I would def. vote for Nugent as president, or if Nader ever ran again, I would vote for him. Legalize weed, he is the man!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Invader said:
I would def. vote for Nugent as president, or if Nader ever ran again, I would vote for him. Legalize weed, he is the man!
last year i went as far as spraying 'vote oprah/nugent '04' on the wall outside our organic market, a photo of it was in the local paper and stimulated some thought..

i say oprah as she is the ideal female candidate.. female vote, black vote.. rich vote, poor vote.. nugent as VP to balance up the hormones.. plus he could double up as defense secretary.

R

RedOctober

Can't you mention 1 American intellectual?
A writer or someone who had some education?

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
RedOctober said:
Can't you mention 1 American intellectual?
A writer or someone who had some education?
Ok, Dexter Holland.

Besides, do you REALLY want Stephen King to become "The Most Powerful Man in the World?"

R

RedOctober

UberSkippy said:
Ok, Dexter Holland.

Besides, do you REALLY want Stephen King to become "The Most Powerful Man in the World?"
Hmm.. Offspring you mean?

No, can't do that.
Typical skull&bones in action.

Stephen King is also in the illuminati plot, just like Dan Brown.