WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

made me think

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I always thought that i wasnt this way but this is the story.
I started working at shaws back 3 months ago (roughly) and i trained with a guy that was 18 and lived in sanford. He seemed really cool and he had all the toys. He has a Really nice truck, that he has customized from front to back. And he has a Brand new motorcyle its on of those racing bikes. And basically all the things that i wish i could have like that. What im working for right now. But the problem was is i found myself being jealous of the guy and i never thought i was like that. But as i worked with the guy i started to find some things out about him. He has never had a girlfriend.. or atleast one that wasnt in elm. school.
So one night when i was breaking down the truck with a guy that had just started there shortly after i did i was talking to him about everything. And the guy made me realize something i thought that i already knew. He made me realize that for one i was being jealous of him and i was pissed at myself for that. And then he said to me that the guy was only having those things to try to impress people and that thats the only thing he has. Thats how he expects to get a girl and by this point he is almost despret. (which is true)
I talked to the new guy that i was breaking down with for almost 3 hours straight and i just found somethings out that i didnt even think of. I just really needed a good lesson. He told me that he had his first kid when he was 16 and that he never tried in school or anything else. But the guy was so smart it was kinda sad to see it.
There is a lot more to the story but i doubt many are going to read this much of it.
But the point of it was that the talk made me think and made me really realize that i should be happy with what i have. I have a family (however strange) that loves me and a girl that im crazy for and shes crazy for me. I dont care if i dont have the nicest truck or a brand new bike or anything like that. And im not jealous. I just want a ride on the bike ;) But it just made me think.
Its not how many metiral things that you have in life that makes you happy. Its what you do with your life and who you meet.
I thought i knew that but i was wrong. Just thought id share.

i believe you speak the truth...

a lot of people fail to realize what they have, and focus on what they don't have.

i was like that... i still am a little bit, but not so much anymore.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
shite.
hey i give you respect for actually talkin to the guy about it and clueing(sp?) in. poor guy.. i know a lot of people who just can't do the school thing but they're a fuckin genius, it really blows. good post. hope things start lookin up for him!

Black Flame said:
shite.
hey i give you respect for actually talkin to the guy about it and clueing(sp?) in. poor guy.. i know a lot of people who just can't do the school thing but they're a fuckin genius, it really blows. good post. hope things start lookin up for him!
i was never good in school... people say i'm smart.

i'm starting to believe them :confused:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
swizeguy said:
I always thought that i wasnt this way but this is the story.
I started working at shaws back 3 months ago (roughly) and i trained with a guy that was 18 and lived in sanford. He seemed really cool and he had all the toys. He has a Really nice truck, that he has customized from front to back. And he has a Brand new motorcyle its on of those racing bikes. And basically all the things that i wish i could have like that. What im working for right now. But the problem was is i found myself being jealous of the guy and i never thought i was like that. But as i worked with the guy i started to find some things out about him. He has never had a girlfriend.. or atleast one that wasnt in elm. school.
So one night when i was breaking down the truck with a guy that had just started there shortly after i did i was talking to him about everything. And the guy made me realize something i thought that i already knew. He made me realize that for one i was being jealous of him and i was pissed at myself for that. And then he said to me that the guy was only having those things to try to impress people and that thats the only thing he has. Thats how he expects to get a girl and by this point he is almost despret. (which is true)
I talked to the new guy that i was breaking down with for almost 3 hours straight and i just found somethings out that i didnt even think of. I just really needed a good lesson. He told me that he had his first kid when he was 16 and that he never tried in school or anything else. But the guy was so smart it was kinda sad to see it.
There is a lot more to the story but i doubt many are going to read this much of it.
But the point of it was that the talk made me think and made me really realize that i should be happy with what i have. I have a family (however strange) that loves me and a girl that im crazy for and shes crazy for me. I dont care if i dont have the nicest truck or a brand new bike or anything like that. And im not jealous. I just want a ride on the bike ;) But it just made me think.
Its not how many metiral things that you have in life that makes you happy. Its what you do with your life and who you meet.
I thought i knew that but i was wrong. Just thought id share.
oi

Descent

Hella Constipated
Kind of makes you wonder...I'll edit this later after my bad gas clears up...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Black Flame said:
shite.
same here.. the guy has another kid on the way (his 3rd) but he quit.. so i just hope he does alright...