WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Madison, WI Passes Low Interest Loans

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
News story

I'm a left leaning moderate. I believe in helping the poor, elderly, children and more. I think the rich need to pay more taxes then the middle class. I think pot should be legalized. But when my city government passes a resolution to give low interest loans to illegal immigrants my jaw drops.

Its stuff like this that makes the liberals to liberal for the right or us moderates.

There are plenty of legal citizens that need the local, state, and federal government's help that they need not look elsewhere to lend a helping hand.

Jung

???
Premium
therightiswrong said:
News story
Its stuff like this that makes the liberals to liberal for the right or us moderates.
:rolleyes:

Not all liberals support retarded resolutions like this. Not everything in politics can be summed up with 'liberal' and 'conservative.' Even if it could, that's not what it's about; this isn't a game, and you don't get points for cheering for your side.

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
junglizm said:
:rolleyes:

Not all liberals support retarded resolutions like this. Not everything in politics can be summed up with 'liberal' and 'conservative.' Even if it could, that's not what it's about; this isn't a game, and you don't get points for cheering for your side.

As someone that considers himself to being an open minded moderate, I feel that not everything in politics can be summed up with 'liberal' and 'conservative' names either. But the people that spew all the spin classify them selves in these categories so the ideas they speak of are also classified to the people in general in these two classes.

The far left and the far right continue to argue who is more intouch with the main stream. My arguement is for the mainstream majority to speak up against both far left and far right. Too often the middle of the road people let those with the loudest voice, and not the best message speak for them while we say nothing.

Your wrong to say this isn't a game, it is indeed a very important one.
The points are the counted as the votes are counted. The winner is the person with the most votes.

The american people helped D.C. turn the winning of political power into one of the most important games. For too long the only ones that have been playing with passion are the far left and the far right.

With both sides yelling so loudly most of us are having hard time understanding either of them and which is telling the truth.

Jung

???
Premium
therightiswrong said:
Your wrong to say this isn't a game, it is indeed a very important one.
The points are the counted as the votes are counted. The winner is the person with the most votes.
You're wrong, sir. First, that was an opinion, and therefore can be neither right nor wrong. If you find a way to prove either though, I'm all ears.

My point being, politics isn't football and at the end of the day you don't gain anything for choosing sides. You won't get anywhere in life for being a cheerleader, especially if all you ever have to say is "it's because of those damn liberals."

Politics is about people, or at least it should be. I really don't care what side you choose to align yourself with, so long as you have something decent to add. That's the problem with politics today though; neither of the main parties have anything decent to add in my opinion, mostly because it's all 'liberal vs. conservative' posturing. Nobody ever says "this wouldn't be the American thing to do" or "is this really in our best interest" anymore, they just want to babble on about how evil X party is and how much better (and right) their party is. This solves nothing though, but I'm sure it makes a lot of people feel better.

Btw, here's a little hint: Neither the far right, nor the far left is telling the truth. It's time for the common guy and middle of the roaders to speak up. This country obviously hasn't benefited from the far right's input.

[/derail]

Anyway, I agree that it's retarded to bend over backwards to accommodate non-citizens. I'm wondering what intelligent 'good hearted' person thought that one up...