WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Magazine Short Story Response......

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I thought I would share a reply I got from a short fiction magazine editor. I do not get very many replies back, and would suggest that this magazine....
Aoife's Kiss, is one of the better ones, so anyone interested should google them....anyways....I like the fact that unlike the other 30 shorts I have sent out, this one actually replied....most of them don't, at least not for 3-6months, which is all right, I understand that. Also, I like that he wants a revision...basically saying that he really liked the story but the narrative was not elaborate enough.....He is in Red, I am in Blue:

Here is our email conversation;

Dear Ms Harris,
I look forward to the revision. Do not rush this. Be sure it is as good as you can write, and that it says what you want it to say.
Regards,
(Editor)

RITA HARRIS wrote:
Thank you for your reply, I am working on a revision. I think I was making the idea far to large for a short story....I find that I do that quite often, actually. I am fairly busy during Christmas season, but if you have no objections I will re-send as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply....that means quite a bit to a fledgling writer such as myself.

RITA HARRIS

----- Original Message -----
To: RITA HARRIS
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: Submission Aoife-Title: The Scorpion Daughter and Old Mary

Dear Ms Harris,
I'm going to decline this one...for now. I wonder if I missed something in the narrative. Did Panda change, transmute, into something? And whom is she seeking revenge against? See, the narrative is a bit vague for me. I understand you've written it from Panda's point of view, seeing events through her eyes, but...perhaps if I knew in more detail what the story was about, I would rethink this.
Regards,
Managing Editor

RITA HARRIS wrote:
Dear Leo,

I am submitting my short horror fiction The Scorpion Daughter and Old Mary. I sincerely hope it meets your expectations for publication in Aoife's Kiss. I thank you for taking the time to read the tale, which totals 4525 words.

RITA FAE HARRIS