WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Mail advertisements that look like emergency bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Just got another one of these fucking things sent to my house. It looked like an unpaid bill for my car so I opened it up, and it turned out to be a scare tactic to switch my insurance to some other spanish insurance company. Fuck these bills. A family member saw it and got scared thinking I was behind on my bills. Thank you so much asshole insurance companies! I hope you choke to death!

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Insurance companies keep sending me advertisements that look like personal letters. I can tell the script font is not hand written.

Lately, I have been getting a lot of mail without return addresses, so I have to actually open it up before I throw it in my pile of junk mail.

It's crazy the lengths they'll go to just to make you read something. :thumbsup:

I did my taxes at Money Mart one year and I now receive mail adverts from them. Through the envelope window you can see a dollar amount on paper that looks like a check. After opening you realize it's just an advertisement for a loan that "you may qualify for".

If it almost tricks us half intelligent people, imagine when the dumb fucks open it?
"HOLY SHIT I WON SOMETHING"
*Fills out personal details and mails back*

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Look at the corner with the postage. If it says standard, or std (lol) it's 99% junk and if it weren't good as delivered it gets recycled. Even the sender doesn't want it back. That is a tell tale junk sign before opening.

It's rare that something important comes standard and generally it will have written on it something like "Address service requested" which means it is important enough that the sender wants to know if it can't be delivered.

Examples : https://pe.usps.com/archive/html/dmmarchive20070315/604_indicia_FCMSTD_1_t.htm

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
For those rating "WTF!?", here's your cultural hint:

the-wisdom-of-cheers-cliff-clavin-212.jpg

I didn't think it was needed. Shame on me for under-estimating your total lack of awareness.

Crazizniac

Particinator
I actually named my kid after Sam Malone. And Have a Rutabaga that looks like Richard Nixon.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
For those rating "WTF!?", here's your cultural hint:

View attachment 10630

I didn't think it was needed. Shame on me for under-estimating your total lack of awareness.
I don't know why BRiT deleted my comment, but this still had nothing to do with the conversation.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I don't know why BRiT deleted my comment, but this still had nothing to do with the conversation.
I was saying thanks to the person with mailman level knowledge, like Cliff, for his comments on mail and how to tell if its bulk mail or not. You know, the exact topic of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.