WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Making IE more like Firefox

There is a function in firefox that allows you to type words instead of URL's and it will use Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" feature to browse to a website instead of a search page. Does anyone know if this is possible for Internet Explorer?

Jung

???
Premium
Jeranamo said:
There is a function in firefox that allows you to type words instead of URL's and it will use Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" feature to browse to a website instead of a search page. Does anyone know if this is possible for Internet Explorer?
If you want Firefox functionality, why don't you just use Firefox? That seems like the obvious descision, doesn't it?

Also, quoted for a great point.
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Why would you want to use IE over Mozilla?

because firefox does not support certain features such as when clicking on a link, auto-copying a certain thing. For example: www.ircspy.com uses this. I like firefox, but I dont like the fact I have to keep IE and Firefox when I could just keep IE.

Jung

???
Premium
Jeranamo said:
because firefox does not support certain features such as when clicking on a link, auto-copying a certain thing. For example: www.ircspy.com uses this.
IEview extension; right click, view this page in IE. I use it for IRCspy, packetnews and any ActiveX enabled site that I come across.
Jeranamo said:
I like firefox, but I dont like the fact I have to keep IE and Firefox when I could just keep IE.
IE will always be on your computer, reguardless of if you uninstall it or not. IE is just an extension of Explorer.(the shell)