WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Man accused of opening fire on teens who egged his truck.

Slacker

Postaholic
Man killed teens who egged his truck.

Indiana prosecutors charged a man with murder Wednesday after he allegedly fired upon a group of teens who threw eggs at his pickup.

Following a week-long manhunt, police arrested Donald Ware for the shooting death of 15-year-old Brandon Dunson in Indianapolis.

Dunson bled to death from a gunshot wound to the back following the June 24 incident. Another teen, Michael Dyer, escaped after being shot in the thigh.

Police say the deadly altercation began when a group of boys started throwing eggs at cars at about 11 p.m. on the west side of Indianapolis.

They hit several passing vehicles, including Ware's maroon pickup. Police say Ware became irate and eventually drove after the boys, chasing them to a nearby storage facility.

Ware, 37, then grabbed a rifle and started shooting at the group, hitting Dunson and Dyer, while the others fled, according to police reports.

Dyer limped to his car and sped home, where his parents called police.

EDIT: Here is some more info. Dunson, however, lay injured in a dark alley near the storage facility. About two hours later, his friends returned to the scene and found him lying dead in a pool of blood.

An autopsy report concluded that the young football player died from a small-caliber gunshot wound that pierced his heart.
It's their own fault. Link

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I'm not sorry. Sometimes when you Fuck with the Bull, you get the horns. Why do so many kids think they can do whatever they want, and all the "adults" are somehow sane enough to just ignore it. People are fucking crazy. Pissing off people for no reason is a good way to get killed via Road Rage, Crazy hick with Gun, whatever. Stupid kids.

I do feel the guy overreacted, and should go to jail. I'm just amazed anyone would act shocked that this happened.

Edit: Let me add that the father of the kid is a typical idiot. He's so pissed the guy who shot his son for throwing an egg, but if the guy had wrecked and died because the kid hit him in the face while he was driving, he'd be using every excuse in the world to excuse his kid. It's never my kid's fault, not even a little, seems to be typical American thinking. Sad but True.

Slacker

Postaholic
JLXC said:
I'm not sorry. Sometimes when you Fuck with the Bull, you get the horns. Why do so many kids think they can do whatever they want, and all the "adults" are somehow sane enough to just ignore it. People are fucking crazy. Pissing off people for no reason is a good way to get killed via Road Rage, Crazy hick with Gun, whatever. Stupid kids.

I do feel the guy overreacted, and should go to jail. I'm just amazed anyone would act shocked that this happened.

Edit: Let me add that the father of the kid is a typical idiot. He's so pissed the guy who shot his son for throwing an egg, but if the guy had wrecked and died because the kid hit him in the face while he was driving, he'd be using every excuse in the world to excuse his kid. It's never my kid's fault, not even a little, seems to be typical American thinking. Sad but True.
Well the kids taunted him so thats what they got. It wasn't the right thing to do but the kids brung it on. The man deserves to go to jail for what he did.

JLXC said:
Kids want to have fun, simple as that, if throwing eggs is a source of fun, they'll do it. Also, kids don't think these things through, you can't blame the victims here, it was just kids being kids until some fucking asshole started shooting.

JLXC said:
When I was a kid, I threw my share of eggs, I never expected to get shot at. I would have been quite shocked if I had.

JLXC said:
Parents love their kids, that really shoudn't surprise anyone.

JLXC

Premium
canadian_pov said:
Kids want to have fun, simple as that, if throwing eggs is a source of fun, they'll do it. Also, kids don't think these things through, you can't blame the victims here, it was just kids being kids until some fucking asshole started shooting..
Umm right. Throwing eggs at moving cars is not all good clean fun. Throwing eggs at cars with people in them is stupid as well. It would have been one thing if it was some night mess, this seems a bit different. Hitting some driver in the face with ANYTHING should send you stright to Juvie. Fuck that.

canadian_pov said:
When I was a kid, I threw my share of eggs, I never expected to get shot at. I would have been quite shocked if I had..
You didn't hit some guy in the face with an egg either, probably. At the least you would have gotten your ass kicked. Then you might have learned it's not always just innocent fun to do that.

canadian_pov said:
It doesn't surprise me how they let their own selfishness guide all their thoughts and actions. No it doesn't. I've heard the parents of serial murderers talk about how nice their boy was. People have no perspective.

Don't get me wrong. I think the guy was a loon to shoot the kids! He should be charged and put away for killing someone for not much. I don't support the guy in any way. However, I hate stupid people. People who would throw eggs at strangers and expect them all to just smile and take it are fucking stupid assholes. They should not have done that. Some people are psycho.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
The kids deserved to get some discipline for what they did but getting shot was a bit extreme. getting thrown in jail for egging someone's pick-up or even face would be good. maybe a little punch in the face to shake them up a bit but getting shot at? The so called victom of the egging was being way to aggressive and deserves to get thrown in jail for a while himself.

Janglenut

Particinator
Bitch said:
The kids deserved to get some discipline for what they did but getting shot was a bit extreme. getting thrown in jail for egging someone's pick-up or even face would be good. maybe a little punch in the face to shake them up a bit but getting shot at? The so called victom of the egging was being way to aggressive and deserves to get thrown in jail for a while himself.
Yep.

Don't give the bullshit story of having fun with throwing eggs. I'm a fucking "kid" and I don't get fun, or have I ever, gotten fun out of doing something so fucking stupid and wreckless.

Slacker

Postaholic
Janglenut said:
Yep.

Don't give the bullshit story of having fun with throwing eggs. I'm a fucking "kid" and I don't get fun, or have I ever, gotten fun out of doing something so fucking stupid and wreckless.
It was their faults that they messed with the wrong person. But it doesn't give that guy any right what so ever to kill them.

canadian_pov said:
Kids want to have fun, simple as that, if throwing eggs is a source of fun, they'll do it. Also, kids don't think these things through, you can't blame the victims here, it was just kids being kids until some fucking asshole started shooting.

When I was a kid, I threw my share of eggs, I never expected to get shot at. I would have been quite shocked if I had.

Yeah, I call bullshit on this one, pov. Kids want to have fun, but so does everyone else. People just don't think that anything they do will have consequences; they don't THINK through their actions. Or, if they do, they figure that the supposed risks are worth the laughs. We've all heard it; if you're gonna listen to the tune, sooner or later you'll have to pay the piper.

True, kids will fuck around, but people shouldn't be surprised when you pull the lever and get triple 7's once in a while, y'know? Every once in a while you're going to land on a crazy, and it's you're own damn fault if you put yourself in that position.
Don't get me wrong, the guy needs to see some serious jail time...but those kids did it to themselves and I don't feel all that sorry for them.

FlipTheState said:
Yeah, I call bullshit on this one, pov. Kids want to have fun, but so does everyone else. People just don't think that anything they do will have consequences; they don't THINK through their actions. Or, if they do, they figure that the supposed risks are worth the laughs. We've all heard it; if you're gonna listen to the tune, sooner or later you'll have to pay the piper.
I in no way condone what the kids did, it was stupid and immature, my point is that kids are stupid and immature.

FlipTheState said:
True, kids will fuck around, but people shouldn't be surprised when you pull the lever and get triple 7's once in a while, y'know? Every once in a while you're going to land on a crazy, and it's you're own damn fault if you put yourself in that position.
Would you be surprised if this happened in your town? Of course you would. The kids are not at fault here. Yes there are crazies out there, Jeffrey Dahmer was one. But you aren't blaming his victims, even though they are also the victims of a crazy.

FlipTheState said:
Don't get me wrong, the guy needs to see some serious jail time...but those kids did it to themselves and I don't feel all that sorry for them.
They didn't do it to themselves, they ran into a crazy who shot at them. I feel very sorry for them.

Slacker

Postaholic
FlipTheState said:
Lets think about what was just said. Sure kids want to have fun, speaking for yourself, But egging people's cars is what stupid kids do. Egging some ones car is no excuse for fun. There is better and more funner things to do then go egging. Kids think about there actions and they choose to do the wrong thing.

canadian_pov said:
I in no way condone what the kids did, it was stupid and immature, my point is that kids are stupid and immature.
Would you be surprised if this happened in your town? Of course you would. The kids are not at fault here. Yes there are crazies out there, Jeffrey Dahmer was one. But you aren't blaming his victims, even though they are also the victims of a crazy.

They didn't do it to themselves, they ran into a crazy who shot at them. I feel very sorry for them.
Ok, maybe I feel a little sorry for them. But seriously? No, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it happened here...I live in Houston, man.
We don't blame Dahmer's victims because there's no evidence that they provoked him into killing and eating them by throwing eggs at him. Bad example.

FlipTheState said:
Ok, maybe I feel a little sorry for them. But seriously? No, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it happened here...I live in Houston, man.
We don't blame Dahmer's victims because there's no evidence that they provoked him into killing and eating them by throwing eggs at him. Bad example.
No, it's apt. They were killed by a crazy when a normal person in the same situation would not have killed them.

canadian_pov said:
No, it's apt. They were killed by a crazy when a normal person in the same situation would not have killed them.
Wasn't arguing about whether or not the guy (in both examples) was crazy.
I was only arguing that people put themselves in situations - that inherently have greater potential for a really shitty outcome - by telling themselves the risk is negligible and then are surprised when things go badly.

FlipTheState said:
Wasn't arguing about whether or not the guy (in both examples) was crazy.
I was only arguing that people put themselves in situations - that inherently have greater potential for a really shitty outcome - by telling themselves the risk is negligible and then are surprised when things go badly.
When the risk is negligible, of course one would be surprised when things go badly.

canadian_pov said:
When the risk is negligible, of course one would be surprised when things go badly.
That's my point. It wasn't negligible...people only dismiss risk because they think the fun is more worth it. That's what's frustrating. You can honestly say that the risk from provoking strangers by throwing eggs at their vehicle carries negligible risk? In this day and age? Maybe in Canada.

JLXC

Premium
After a re-reading I noticed they were throwing eggs at people who were driving! So these fucking innocent little boys could have killed many people by distracting them while driving. What innocent little angels! :mfinger:

Demosthenes

Looking for truth
Everyone's mind has a crazy switch, something or someone that taps deep into the subconscious and puts the lights out for cerebral control. Mine is getting bit (bad experiances with dogs at a very young age is the only thing I can think it came from). However, the feeling is only temporary, unless you choose to run with it. So for setting off this guy's switch the blame is on the kids. However, this guy didn't just chase them down, he picked up a gun, aimed, and fired multiple times. That was murder. Though now that I think about it, why the hell did this guy have a gun in his truck in the first place? Could this have been premeditated after the guy had already had a one if not more previous encounters with these eggers?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Demosthenes said:
Though now that I think about it, why the hell did this guy have a gun in his truck in the first place? Could this have been premeditated after the guy had already had a one if not more previous encounters with these eggers?
This is America. Who doesn't have a gun in their car?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Nailbomb said:
This is America. Who doesn't have a gun in their car?
My family. Unless you count my brother's UHC Beretta M9 airsoft pistol that he's left in there a couple times for a few hours in my driveway, then nothing.