WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Man...I just found out the fucking coolest thing...

Descent

Hella Constipated
My dad was in L.A. on a business trip, so he stopped by at Drew Carey's place (They are old high school friends, back from the days when he used to primarily live in Cleveland). Well, he showed my dad one of the coolest things I have ever heard of - a room full of iMacs - ten of them. It's about the size of my bedroom, and is used for playing LAN games of Call of Duty with his friends.

Needless to say, I really want to go to his house now. How many homes have you heard of where there are rooms just for the sole purpose of LAN gaming?

If you don't believe me, that's okay. To be truthfully honest, not even my friends believe me when I tell them this. Then they ask my mom or my dad, and they no longer question me.

My dad works in the arts industry, so he knows auite a few people.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I didn't know Drew Carey was a gamer...

Why would he have Macs to play on? There aren't many Mac games...

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
He bought a bunch of his friends cars.. Why couldn't he afford alienwares in there?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well...the only game he really plays on those is Call of Duty.

Let's not forget that Call of Duty runs off Quake 3 Arena technology. Now, Quake 3 runs off OpenGL (for instructing the video card to draw the 3D environments). OpenGL is available for every OS under the sun. They have a Mac version of Quake 3, but I don't know about Call of Duty...

I could check, but I am lazy. He could always run it from within a Windows emulator...but that would be a fair amount slower...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Not saying I don't beleive you... just asking.

So... you should go to his house and steal his shit. I think that's the only real answer here.

Descent

Hella Constipated
ROFFEL, NoSub!

Anyway, when I become a rich bastard, I'm gonna have to get me one of those rooms. It's gonna have self-built computers in it :).